Author Topic: Franken vows to fight (commit theft) for seat  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Franken vows to fight (commit theft) for seat
« on: December 11, 2008, 01:26:06 PM »

all has been quiet on the MN senate recount front, and I found that disturbing. :-)

he's forcing it into the courts because he knows that the minnesota courts would bend over backwards for him, I assume. 

I wonder if this guy will suck as bad in the senate (after he steals the seat) as he did on air america.  in fact, he wasn't even funny on SNL.  and his only scene in 48 hours was with a dude in an ape suit.  oh, wait.  now I understand why he wants to change careers, especially to a profession where you can suck and still excel. :loser:

Franken vows to fight for seat

Democrat Al Franken’s campaign has submitted briefs and voter affidavits to Minnesota’s Board of Canvassers ahead of its Friday meeting, promising to fight in any number of venues to force the counting of absentee ballots it alleges were improperly disqualified.

“We’ve known all along, and it’s become increasingly clear to all, that there are those individuals who cast lawful ballots and yet failed to have those ballots counted,” Franken campaign attorney Marc Elias said on a conference call. “That type of arbitrary treatment of ballots is simply not permitted under the law.”

While refusing to say what would happen if the board sided against Franken, Elias insisted that the campaign will fight in any number of venues to have those ballots counted in the contested race against Sen. Norm Coleman (R).

“One way or another, there is a remedy of those people,” he said. “It is clearly not acceptable that these votes not count.”

The Coleman campaign issued a sharp response.

“The Franken campaign has made it abundantly clear that they could care less about the outcome of the recount and are instead focusing their energies on fighting the results of the election through the court system or by taking the issue to the floor of the United States Senate,” Coleman campaign spokesman Luke Friedrich said. “We are standing behind the law on how recounts should be conducted and against efforts to change the rules when they don't suit your needs.”

More

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Franken vows to fight (commit theft) for seat
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 01:46:58 PM »
all has been quiet on the MN senate recount front, and I found that disturbing. :-)

he's forcing it into the courts because he knows that the minnesota courts would bend over backwards for him, I assume. 

I wonder if this guy will suck as bad in the senate (after he steals the seat) as he did on air america.  in fact, he wasn't even funny on SNL.  and his only scene in 48 hours was with a dude in an ape suit.  oh, wait.  now I understand why he wants to change careers, especially to a profession where you can suck and still excel. :loser:

Al Franken is a walking, talking, oxygen theiving black hole; a massive, swirling vortex of suck.  There is nothing Franken could do that he would not suck at, because sucking is the only thing he's good at.  My bet: if someone were to kill him, the bastard would even suck at dying.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 02:37:21 PM »
Al Franken is a walking, talking, oxygen theiving black hole; a massive, swirling vortex of suck.  There is nothing Franken could do that he would not suck at, because sucking is the only thing he's good at.  My bet: if someone were to kill him, the bastard would even suck at dying.
He was only famous because is timing was good.  That "dry" humor was coming into vogue when he was starting to get his career started.  The material wasn't funny, just the concept.

Had it been a few years different, before or after, no one would have ever heard of him.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 02:50:03 PM »
His Stuart Smalley character was a hoot, but other than that, he sucks as a comedian.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »
His Stuart Smalley character was a hoot, but other than that, he sucks as a comedian.

only because it made fun of fuzzy headed liberals . . . like himself. :whatever: