Author Topic: Obama: Change comes from me  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Obama: Change comes from me
« on: November 26, 2008, 02:07:01 PM »

this guy is creating a trainwreck.  I think he is forgetting what sort of massive egos cabinet secretaries have.  they simply aren't going to roll over and implement a "vision" that they are diametrically opposed to.  a more experienced individual would realize the connection between "vision" and "implementation".

and I love it when he starts sentences with, "understand . . . ". :whatever:

Obama: Change comes from me

CHICAGO -- In response to criticism that he is departing from his promise to bring change to Washington because several members of his economic team were Beltway insiders, Barack Obama said today that his team would combine experience with fresh thinking and his own vision for change.

"Understand where the vision for change comes from, first and foremost," he told reporters at his third press conference in as many days. "It comes from me. That's my job, is to provide a vision in terms of where we are going, and to make sure, then, that my team is implementing."

Link

Offline Wretched Excess

Re: Obama: Change comes from me
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 02:10:43 PM »
and there is no such thing as an "office of the president-elect"

although it is at less presumptuous than his last foray into non existent signage :

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 02:11:49 PM »
Massive egos notwithstanding, it's my bet that they'll all line up against the wall for their daily flogging - Gates being a notable exception.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 02:17:44 PM »
Fine, then.  When this thing goes off the rails there's only one person to blame it on - The Zero.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 02:22:12 PM »
Massive egos notwithstanding, it's my bet that they'll all line up against the wall for their daily flogging - Gates being a notable exception.

I think that at some point the "insiders" are going to turn on the "outsiders".  it's almost inevitable.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 02:29:44 PM »

although it is at less presumptuous than his last foray into non existent signage :

I heard some of his psychofants referring to a press release coming from "the office of the president-elect".  This clown can't do anything without injecting his ego into it. (psychofant = crazy Obama supporter)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 02:35:43 PM »
Is it just me, or does the word "dork" come to mind every time I hear something that Hussien has done or said?

that's President Dork, mister. :bird:

:lmao:

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 02:39:17 PM »

General Services Administration certification

The Presidential Transition Act of 1963[1] authorizes the Administrator of the General Services Administration to certify, even before the December vote of the Electoral College, the apparent winner of the November general election as the President-elect for the purposes of receiving federal transition funding, office space and communications services prior to the beginning of the new administration on January 20.[2]

also: http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/contentView.do?contentType=GSA_BASIC&contentId=24780

and: http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/contentView.do?contentType=GSA_BASIC&contentId=24781
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 02:45:16 PM »
General Services Administration certification

The Presidential Transition Act of 1963[1] authorizes the Administrator of the General Services Administration to certify, even before the December vote of the Electoral College, the apparent winner of the November general election as the President-elect for the purposes of receiving federal transition funding, office space and communications services prior to the beginning of the new administration on January 20.[2]

also: http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/contentView.do?contentType=GSA_BASIC&contentId=24780

and: http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/contentView.do?contentType=GSA_BASIC&contentId=24781

I am conversant with the transition act;  it was a mechanism to fund the transition, but is beside the point.  is there some consitutional amendment or federal provision that I am unaware of that awards the man that won the presidential election formal authority over the central government before he is inaugurated?

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 02:57:25 PM »
Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know, GWB is still at the helm. Obama DOES seem to be pretty presumptuous at this point.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zeus

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 03:02:45 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyziJKGfNoI[/youtube]

Apparently "Uh" is his favorite word. He really needs to CHANGE That.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 03:11:07 PM »
Whirlwind decisions made before their time, just to show the panting lapdog masses that worship His Exaltedness that he's a tough guy, inevitably result in piss-poor communication.

And the moonbats rail on about GWB's own spoonerisms.

Gimme a freakin' break.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 03:14:40 PM »
The Office of "Uh-O"
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Jim

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 03:32:31 PM »
I am conversant with the transition act;  it was a mechanism to fund the transition, but is beside the point.  is there some consitutional amendment or federal provision that I am unaware of that awards the man that won the presidential election formal authority over the central government before he is inaugurated?

Technically he's not even president elect until the EC votes him so.

A formality of course unless they start taking the nature of his qualifications seriously.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Jim

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 03:38:48 PM »
"It comes from me. That's my job, is to provide a vision in terms of where we are going, and to make sure, then, that my team is implementing."

Yes, the leader crafts the vision and the team finds a way to make it come to pass.

But the leader in this case is the Chicago Mafia.

And yes, the leader needs to track if the team is doing it's job but without executive experience, how will he figure out how to do this ?

Not even the Chicago Mafia can control these retreads.

Train wreck coming folks.

Food for thought... 
He says he's going to have one of those schmucks go through the budget line by line to see what can go. 
Without line item veto on anything new and with no mechanism for changing existing law, what makes him think this is possible ?
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 03:39:43 PM »
When I see Mr. O standing up there behind the podium spewing his "uhhs" and "ohhhs" and saying "the fact of the matter is", etc., he reminds me of a 10-year-old kid who is dressed up in a suit that is way too big for him, pretending to be president.  

I just keep waiting for the real president (in my dreams it would be Mitt Romney) to come up and tell the kid to get out of the way and let the adults run the country.   

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »
Is it just me, or does the word "dork" come to mind every time I hear something that Hussien has done or said?

Actually, the word that comes up for me is "dildo."  As in, no use other than a sex toy.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 05:12:50 PM »

He's keeping Gates on so he won't have to sully a Democrat appointee's record with the neutering of the Defense Department.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2008, 06:55:06 AM »
He's keeping Gates on so he won't have to sully a Democrat appointee's record with the neutering of the Defense Department.

i would hope that if it comes to that, Gates would resign in protest, and state it publically as such so that it can't be spun into "to be with my family" or some such nonsense

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2008, 07:19:34 AM »
Change will come from the Messiah until his first failure -- then all bets are off as to who gets thrown under the bus. 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 11:11:30 PM »
I swear to GOD, we are screwed BIG TIME!!!

This moran doesn't have a clue! I think I'm going to look for a cave up in the hills!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 11:18:08 PM »
"His 'Vision' for change"?

What a dipshit! The only thing I have seen so far is just the same BS!

Change my ASS!!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!