Author Topic: Totally hating the GEICO caveman avatars  (Read 11348 times)

Offline Peter3_1

Re: Totally hating the GEICO caveman avatars
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 09:30:46 PM »
But I am an unrepentant troglodite!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »
Geico's being annoying?

That's the whole point of commercials! The more they piss you off, the more you remember them!

The most retarded of these is the Geico gecko narking on the David Attenborough wannabe, saying that the impersonator gives the gecko the "heebie-jeebies."

Jeezus. When was the last time THAT phrase was used? Heebie-jeebies? WTF?

:thatsright:  Silly me. Halloween is right around the corner.

When a commercial annoys me, I avoid the advertiser. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 10:08:52 PM »

Same here.........

Last time I checked with GEICO, they wanted almost double of what I was currently paying.

And as for Jack in the Box, their new commercial irritates me so much that I REFUSE to do business with them.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 10:10:32 PM »
Same here.........

Last time I checked with GEICO, they wanted almost double of what I was currently paying.

And as for Jack in the Box, their new commercial irritates me so much that I REFUSE to do business with them.
Me,too.  I won't be going to JITB until at least 3 weeks have gone by with no sign of those awful commercials.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 10:18:59 PM »
I like the gecko....can't stand the caveman.

I did get Geico car insurance though about 2 years ago. I had just had an accident...I hydroplaned during a bad storm and slid into the car in front of me and she slid into the one if front of her. Fortunately I wasn't even going 20 mph. ( I was on my way to the doctor's for stress... :rotf:) I didn't get a ticket, but my insurance had to pay for all 3 cars.

Needless to say....my car insurance jumped. I called Geico, they were less for more coverage even though I had had the accident just 3 months prior. Every 6 months since they have lowered my rate. It's down almost $30 per month from where I started with them....and I drive a 2006 Nissan SUV. 
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 10:05:20 AM »

Then you are the statistical exception. Marketing data have shown, and proved, that the more irritating a commercial is, the more sales go up.

Sorta like Obamessiah. The more people worship him/hate him, the more money comes into the coffers.

Go figure.  :thatsright:

Uh...on the other hand, local commercials are generally so bad that they blow the roof off of "irritating." Dunno how Bobby's Meat Market sales are workin'.......
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »

Uh...on the other hand, local commercials are generally so bad that they blow the roof off of "irritating." Dunno how Bobby's Meat Market sales are workin'.......

I absolutely HATE it when the cable or satellite company turns up the volume on their local ad insertion equipment !!! As a past headend tech, I KNOW that that crap can be easily adjusted.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2008, 02:30:15 PM »
I absolutely HATE it when the cable or satellite company turns up the volume on their local ad insertion equipment !!! As a past headend tech, I KNOW that that crap can be easily adjusted.

The NFL network does that all the time!

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 04:55:04 PM »
Oh, thank God. I was wondering why there seemed to be a lot of caveman avatars. I thought I was missing out on a great joke.

And I am eating Jack in the Box right now, the one commercials I hate is Carl Jr's. I know it is for young men in their 20's (eat some gross looking hamburger with some skanky girl) but they really are disgusting. I do want to punch the Most Important Meal of the Day guy in the face, he is such an asshole.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 05:13:26 PM »

And I am eating Jack in the Box

Um, never mind.  :censored: