Author Topic: Biden Slanders Dead Man, Media Ignores  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Biden Slanders Dead Man, Media Ignores
« on: September 21, 2008, 08:46:04 AM »
1972 crash still haunts driver's family
No DUI in crash that killed Biden's 1st wife, but he's implied otherwise

By RACHEL KIPP • The News Journal • September 4, 2008
Delaware Online
EXCERPT:

Since his vice presidential nomination, Joe Biden's 2007 statement that a "guy who allegedly ... drank his lunch" and drove the truck that struck and killed his first wife and daughter has gained national media traction.

Alcohol didn't play a role in the 1972 crash, investigators found. But as recently as last week, the syndicated TV show Inside Edition aired a clip from 2001 of Biden describing the accident to an audience at the University of Delaware and saying the truck driver "stopped to drink instead of drive."

The senator's statements don't jibe with news and law enforcement reports from the time, which cleared driver Curtis C. Dunn, who died in 1999, of wrongdoing.

"To see it coming from [Biden's] mouth, I just burst into tears," Dunn's daughter, Glasgow resident Pamela Hamill, 44, said Wednesday. "My dad was always there for us. Now we feel like we should be there for him because he's not here to defend himself."

Biden spokesman David Wade said Wednesday that the senator "fully accepts the Dunn family's word that these rumors were false."

It's unclear who first suggested alcohol was a factor in the crash, but since Barack Obama tapped Biden to be his running mate on Aug. 23, The New York Times, National Public Radio and The Economist have run stories that characterized Dunn as a drunken driver.

((((END EXCERPT))))

KEY POINT:

The senator's statements don't jibe with news and law enforcement reports from the time, which cleared driver Curtis C. Dunn, who died in 1999, of wrongdoing.
Not only was Mr Dunn NOT drunk, he was CLEARED OF WRONGDOING. Biden feels free to slander the memory of a dead man.

Trying to exploit the death of his wife and child is bad enough, doing so by slandering a dead man? Stay Classy, Joe...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Re: Biden Slanders Dead Man, Media Ignores
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »
He tries on all kinds of stuff like this.  I haven't heard him say that recently, but back in the day MADD was a huge political force, and he has a tendency  to make tall tales to engender a sense of sympathy with people's political goals.  He is a political kite (both bird and toy) riding he winds and thermals of the moment with no real direction for himself.

He does have a tendency to crash when things change in a hurry.

An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »
Blowhard Joe, the gift that keeps on giving.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »
While losing his wife and children must have been devastating, making up lies about the situation isn't very noble.

Offline The Ocean

• Celluloid Freak
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • I'm a film fanatic
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 06:12:26 PM »
Blowhard Joe, the gift that keeps on giving.

Lut us hope he removes his foot from his mouth enough times to unleash a few more GEMS. One more "slight indian accent" moment will be fine.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Celluloid-Freaks

Subscribe for FREE on iTunes! Search "Celluloid Freaks"