Author Topic: PALIN ADMITS HER 17-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT  (Read 22554 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: PALIN ADMITS HER 17-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »
Religious philosophical question of the day.... do you suppose babygate and all its associated spinoffs are part of God's Divine Plan to highlight the whole abortion holocaust issue in this election? I see a theme emerging.  :popcorn:
I hope so, because there has to be a reason for the nastiness Bristol has been forced to endure over the past couple of days.  The Obamaites need to be very careful with this story, the Palins are going through something which many families across America go through and so far seem to be a model worth copying.  Not only the youngsters doing the right thing and taking responsibility, but also the unhesitating love and support that has been shown by the parents.

Let's put it this way--were anything to happen to this child (God forbid) as a result of the extra stress or problems created by the scrutiny, you'd see a backfiring against the libs the from the likes of which they may never recover.

Not that said backfiring would upset me, mind you...but I'd never forgive someone who hurt a teenage girl or an unborn child for the sake of political power, and neither would a lot of other folks.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 12:09:42 PM »
Religious philosophical question of the day.... do you suppose babygate and all its associated spinoffs are part of God's Divine Plan to highlight the whole abortion holocaust issue in this election? I see a theme emerging.  :popcorn:
I hope so, because there has to be a reason for the nastiness Bristol has been forced to endure over the past couple of days.  The Obamaites need to be very careful with this story, the Palins are going through something which many families across America go through and so far seem to be a model worth copying.  Not only the youngsters doing the right thing and taking responsibility, but also the unhesitating love and support that has been shown by the parents.

They are traversing a minefield... I think the mines will win.   :popcorn:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 12:16:21 PM »
It does seem Providential; but I'm inclined to assume the Almighty would be above such trivialities as partisan politicks.

Although--as noted by myself and others--the "don't want them punished with a baby" remark by Obama about his daughters is going to glare in stark contrast against Bristol's circumstances...circumstances coincidentally lived out thousands of times a day with families all across the US. It is Obama and his elitist lib legions that have no frame of reference with middle America.

I expect the debate will now become "those damned Christian fundies prevented their daughter from having access to comprehensive birth control!"

They will also call social conservatives hypocrites for not damning Bristol to the eternal flames of hell for being an underaged, out-of-wedlock mother. Granted, the entire fiasco within their cerebellums is based on their own deliberate misreading of Christian doctrine, albeit muddled by the worst of loud-mouthed (presumably) Christian orators.

But the reason why the worst stereotypes of the unforgiving Christian zealot are prominent is because those are the stereotypes ibs seek-out to justify their own reprehensible behaviors. It's easier to call Preacher X a foul soul ergo they are allowed every debauchery than it is to seek out a genuine man of God and correct their own shortcomings.

Providence? Perhaps. This is definitely going to make us examine issues about what life really means and from that humanity's purpose (if any) and how that purpose is to be realized and what we do when we fall tragically short. I suspect I myself am on the greased flagpole to Hell but my faith in the simple (and I do not mean simplistic) Christian--and their God--is reafirmed.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 12:18:42 PM »
H5 again snuggles. I think your assessment is dead on.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 12:33:12 PM »
Bristol is a baby making machine. According to my rough calcs, she conceived this baby one month before she gave birth to Trig.  ::)

God bless that young couple, I wish them the very best. To the DUmmies.... STFU, your preferred choice of sucking the unborn down a sink is really not yours to make in this case, is it?

I noted that in another thread.  While she made a mistake and some will criticize her (or worse) for it, she's at least acknowledging her mistake and BOTH parents are owning up to their responsibilities.

Put it this way--if she's the first child of a politician to have premarital sex or have a child out of wedlock, well, color me shocked.

Well I can almost bet that the Kennedys alone make this story a moot point.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 12:36:05 PM »
Unplanned pregnancy doesn't just happen to teenagers.

My daughter told me on her 26th birthday that she was pregnant. This was my child who was on the pill...and practiced safe sex.

While she wasn't sure if she wanted to marry the father....she never considered abortion. She married her husband a month before my grandson was born after she was sure they were marrying each other because they loved each other....not because they were having a baby. The two of them went alone to the courthouse, got married and told everyone afterwards.

On their first anniversary....they had a formal wedding with family and friends.

She has never looked back on her decisions....though if she had her druthers...she would have been married before she got married.

It certainly wasn't my choice ....or her father's....what she should do. I told her from the time she was a freshman in high school....that if she got pregnant without being married....she would be the one who had to make choices for herself and her child...no one else.

Pregnancy happens in good families....in bad. In poor families and well-off. In intact family units and divorced families.

Once our children reach a certain age.....we cannot spend every minute with them 24/7 or wrap them in cotton batting. Believe me when I say...that if I could I would have.

All we as parents can do....is our best work for our children...and when they make mistakes...stand by with support and love. They didn't come with a book of instructions when born.

I hope the media will exercise restraint in their vicious quest for tidbits of what amounts to gossip in this case.

Sarah Palin seems to be a mother who tries to juggle life, career and children ....just like most of the women in this country. Sometimes there's a touchdown, sometimes there's a field goal, and sometimes you just have to punt and hope for the best.

She's just like me, and Sue down the street, and Jane at work, and Jennie, the clerk at Kroger's. She's real, she's human.....she's a woman, a mom, an American.

She has my vote.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »
Yeah libs, go ahead and pull out the "bastard" card...I'm beggin ya...

TIME MAG LINK

<excerpt>

On Feb. 2, 1961, several months after they met, Obama's parents got married in Maui, according to divorce records. It was a Thursday. At that point, Ann was three months pregnant with Barack Obama II. Friends did not learn of the wedding until afterward. "Nobody was invited," says Abercrombie. The motivations behind the marriage remain a mystery, even to Obama. "I never probed my mother about the details. Did they decide to get married because she was already pregnant? Or did he propose to her in the traditional, formal way?" Obama wonders. "I suppose, had she not passed away, I would have asked more."

Even by the standards of 1961, she was young to be married. At 18, she dropped out of college after one semester, according to University of Hawaii records. When her friends back in Washington heard the news, "we were very shocked," says Box, her high school friend.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 12:39:17 PM »
^good find. I had forgotten about that. I guess it's good his mom decided having a baby wasn't "punishment". Even before Roe, a woman with means could find access to an abortion.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »
Not much difference in age either between Palin's daughter and Barrack's mother.

The Obama camp is going to have to be very, very careful what they say....or it will come back and bite them in the ass.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Sadie

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »

I totally agree with you. This is a family matter and should go no farther. One thing I would do differently is not to insist on marriage for a 17 yo. The family could raise the baby which is what i would do and later, if the kids still wanted to get married...say after college, then they they will be better able to raise the child themselves.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »
I haven't seen this point, but the thread is long, so if I am being redundant, sorry.

The Palins have asked that the media (and my extension the 527s and the hussein campaign) respect their children's privacy as is traditionally done for Candidates' children.

Someone at DUmmy Island (or KOS or Huffington, etc.) will then say "but they didn't leave chelsea alone during mrs. clinton's campaign!!

Of course, it is apples and oranges.  When chelsea started campaigning for her mother, she inserted herself into the political milieu. I always loved how she answered the question "is you mom a liar or just stupid? (phrased as "what do you think of your dad's philandering?") she then threw the "off limits flag."

To be a hypocrite is the worst possible thing in the libtard spectrum.  Yet this very subject will show them to be the hypocrites they are.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 01:06:24 PM »
Sarah Palin seems to be a mother who tries to juggle life, career and children ....just like most of the women in this country. Sometimes there's a touchdown, sometimes there's a field goal, and sometimes you just have to punt and hope for the best.

She's just like me, and Sue down the street, and Jane at work, and Jennie, the clerk at Kroger's. She's real, she's human.....she's a woman, a mom, an American.

She has my vote.

:clap:  High 5

Offline jinxmchue

Re: Not A Joke - Bristol Palin Pregnant
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 01:47:19 PM »
Big deal.  Bristol obviously made a mistake.  It happens, even to children of conservatives.  What matters is what she does as a result.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 02:18:58 PM »
What is the age of consent in Alaska? I know it varies state by state. Speaking of that, many years ago, it was common for people to be get married as early as 11 and been pregnant by 13. That was due to shorter life spans and different mores. Also, birth rates were higher than today. At least she is honest about it. When did honesty become a crime? Her daughter being pregnant should not affect her VP. Bristol and Sarah Palin are two separate people. 
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 02:55:29 PM »
This really seems like a non-issue as far as I see, however... what it says about the Republican and Bush's abstinence only philosophy  :uhsure:
Abstinence is 100 percent effective and works when it's practiced.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 03:07:48 PM »
Well, now we get to see how supportive (or hypocritical) the so-called evangelical vote really becomes.

James Dobson, an influential Christian evangelical conservative, said his Focus on the Family group has always counseled young mothers to see their pregnancies through, "even though there will be of course challenges along the way."

"That is what the Palins are doing, and they should be commended once again for not just talking about their pro-life and pro-family values, but living them out even in the midst of trying circumstances," he said in a statement.

LINK

I doubt this will cost the votes of any true evangelicals.  Everyone makes mistakes, and the Palins have handled theirs well.  The more I learn of the family, the more I respect them all.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2008, 03:09:12 PM »
I hope so, because there has to be a reason for the nastiness Bristol has been forced to endure over the past couple of days.  The Obamaites need to be very careful with this story, the Palins are going through something which many families across America go through and so far seem to be a model worth copying.  Not only the youngsters doing the right thing and taking responsibility, but also the unhesitating love and support that has been shown by the parents.

Yeah, they need to tread very carefully since a number of people in their camp have gone through the same thing with children. I know they are out there, but I can't think of one family I know where aborting the child was an option so if they attack this CHOICE and this family they could very well be attacking quite a few American families on both side of the aisle.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »
This really seems like a non-issue as far as I see, however... what it says about the Republican and Bush's abstinence only philosophy  :uhsure:

Which by the admission of the majority of our very own quite conservative membership... isn't or wasn't...
I was wearing the glove of love when my 1st was concieved.

There's more to sex than fluid exchange. BC-centered sex ed gives a false reality of the ramifications of sex.

Of course your point is meaningless. Do DUI convictions invalidate anti-drunk driving messages?

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 03:19:06 PM »

Which by the admission of the majority of our very own quite conservative membership... isn't or wasn't...

But the fact that it isn't 100% practiced does not invalidate that it is 100% effective when practiced. What about the people who use the other methods of BC and end up getting pregnant, do we throw those methods out as well?
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »

Majority? I don't see 171 admissions.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 03:27:43 PM »
Of course your point is meaningless. Do DUI convictions invalidate anti-drunk driving messages?

Actually... it validates my position  :cheersmate:

With alcohol, we merely ask for a safe, proper, and accountable handling of it... not abstinence or prohibition!

With sex, gasp, no, no, no, no abstinence only till marriage!
Oh?

"No one said you couldn't drink, just do it at the proper time and place.

"No one said you couldn't have sex, just do it in the proper time and place.

"And no, we aren't going to give you little goodies to help you be a safer drunk driver because it encourages a behavior we think is better confined to its proper setting."

Thanks for playing.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2008, 03:30:18 PM »

Oh, you weren't bulletproof like me when you were a teen?  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 03:38:23 PM »
I liked Chef's advice better:

"Children, there's a time and place for everything. It's called 'College'".

Seriously, parents need to drill abstinence into their kids' heads. Kids will, however, do whatever they want to. It's just the way it is, but hopefully, most will heed their parents' advice.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 03:46:04 PM »
"No one said you couldn't drink, just do it at the proper time and place.

"No one said you couldn't have sex, just do it in the proper time and place.

"And no, we aren't going to give you little goodies to help you be a safer drunk driver because it encourages a behavior we think is better confined to its proper setting."

Thanks for playing.

Yes, but you're advocating that at a given age you're free to drink.  While even consenting adults, aren't capable of making a decision to have sex, outside of the sanctity of a marriage which may be of a custom or belief system they don't correspond too.

I just don't see how they're comparable.

The tools to be a responsible drunk, aren't car keys, but the knowledge to know of when and how to call for a cab, plan for your safe ride home, etc... I don't see how that knowledge or tool set, encourage drunk driving?
At a given age, kids are free to drink, just as long as they don't drive, aren't publicly drunk, and don't break any other laws using drunkeness as an excuse.

After marriage, kids are free to have sex as much and as often as they choose.  So long as they stick to their spouses, they will never suffer from STDs and their after effects.  In truth, once married, there are far fewer prohibitions on sex than on drinking.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 03:48:52 PM »
So, no taking a woman for a test drive before marriage, Mrs. Smith?  :evillaugh:  :bolt:

Seriously though, my ex-wife told me that's what she did to me before we were married. Guess I passed the test.  .....but apparently she wasn't done with her test-driving days.  :whatever: