Author Topic: PALIN ADMITS HER 17-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT  (Read 22552 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
PALIN ADMITS HER 17-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT
« on: September 01, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »
The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said on Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.

Bristol Palin, one of Alaska Gov. Palin's five children with her husband, Todd, is about five months pregnant and is going to keep the child and marry the father, the Palins said in a statement released by the campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

Bristol Palin made the decision on her own to keep the baby, McCain aides said.

"We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us," the Palins' statement said.

"Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support," the Palins said.

The Palins asked the news media to respect the young couple's privacy.

"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family. We ask the media, respect our daughter and Levi's privacy as has always been the tradition of children of candidates," the statement concluded.

MCCAIN KNEW

Senior McCain campaign officials said McCain knew of the daughter's pregnancy when he selected Palin last week as his vice presidential running mate, deciding that it did not disqualify the 44-year-old governor in any way.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09012008/news/nationalnews/palin_admits_her_17_year_old_daughter_is_127025.htm
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Re: PALIN ADMITS HER 17-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:10:13 AM »
OH NOES!!!!1111111111111111 THIS IS TOASTE! MCCAIN IS LEGS!1111111111111

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:11:51 AM »
Sad to be a mom so early, but at least BOTH the parents are doing the right thing.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:20:09 AM »
Cue DU full-on panic mode in 3..2..

But seriously - its being handled correctly, IMO - no 'coverup' - no abortion - no lies. The Palin family is showing the moonbats what it means to 'man-up' and take responsibility. good for them.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:22:47 AM »
Well, now we get to see how supportive (or hypocritical) the so-called evangelical vote really becomes.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 11:24:35 AM »
They'll now start saying Sarah is a bad parent and therefore lacks the experience to be VP.  :whatever:

I had GREAT parents that forbid me from drinking, smoking, having sex, smoking weed, and doing other things.

I DID, drink, smoke, smoke weed, have sex, and other things.

My parents did their best, but a parent can't put a tracking bracelet on their children or be with them 24/7.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 11:31:38 AM »
This is really walking the walk....

I can't wait to see DU go into fits!!! :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 11:35:08 AM »
This is really walking the walk....

I can't wait to see DU go into fits!!! :-)

it will be orgasmic!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 11:36:48 AM »
McCain officials said the news of the daughter's pregnancy was being released to rebut what one aide called "mud-slinging and lies" circulating on liberal blog sites.

According to these rumors, Sarah Palin had faked a pregnancy and pretended to have given birth in May to her fifth child, a son named Trig who has Down syndrome. The rumor was that Trig was actually Bristol Palin's child and that Sarah Palin was the grandmother.

A senior McCain campaign official said the McCain camp was appalled that these rumors had not only been spread around liberal blog sites and partisan Democrats, but also were the subject of heightened interest from mainstream news media.

"The despicable rumors that have been spread by liberal blogs, some even with Barack Obama's name in them, is a real anchor around the Democratic ticket, pulling them down in the mud in a way that certainly juxtaposes themselves against their 'campaign of change,'" a senior aide said.

Way to go DU!!!  :whatever: :rotf:

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
Okay, lemme get this straight--back in 1992, Clinton asked (read: told) the MSM to keep Chelsea out of the news.  They did so.  So does anyone here actually think that they'll give the same consideration for a 17-year old girl going through an incredibly stressful and life-altering period?

Nah, me either.  Look for them to drag this poor girl through the mud.  And it's going to backfire on them.  BADLY.

At least the mafia wouldn't go after children--these ****ers don't even have that much scruples.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 11:41:21 AM »
Bristol is a baby making machine. According to my rough calcs, she conceived this baby one month before she gave birth to Trig.  ::)

God bless that young couple, I wish them the very best. To the DUmmies.... STFU, your preferred choice of sucking the unborn down a sink is really not yours to make in this case, is it?
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Not A Joke - Bristol Palin Pregnant
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 11:43:10 AM »
ST. PAUL (Reuters) - The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said on Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.

Bristol Palin, one of Alaska Gov. Palin's five children with her husband, Todd, is about five months pregnant and is going to keep the child and marry the father, the Palins said in a statement released by the campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

Bristol Palin made the decision on her own to keep the baby, McCain aides said.

"We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us," the Palins' statement said.

"Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support," the Palins said.

The Palins asked the news media to respect the young couple's privacy.

"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family. We ask the media, respect our daughter and Levi's privacy as has always been the tradition of children of candidates," the statement concluded.

MCCAIN KNEW

Senior McCain campaign officials said McCain knew of the daughter's pregnancy when he selected Palin last week as his vice presidential running mate, deciding that it did not disqualify the 44-year-old governor in any way.

In the short period since she was announced last Friday, Palin has helped to energize the Republican Party's conservative base, giving the McCain camp fresh energy going into the campaign for the November 4 election against Democrat Barack Obama.

McCain officials said the news of the daughter's pregnancy was being released to rebut what one aide called "mud-slinging and lies" circulating on liberal blog sites.

According to these rumors, Sarah Palin had faked a pregnancy and pretended to have given birth in May to her fifth child, a son named Trig who has Down syndrome. The rumor was that Trig was actually Bristol Palin's child and that Sarah Palin was the grandmother.

A senior McCain campaign official said the McCain camp was appalled that these rumors had not only been spread around liberal blog sites and partisan Democrats, but also were the subject of heightened interest from mainstream news media.

"The despicable rumors that have been spread by liberal blogs, some even with Barack Obama's name in them, is a real anchor around the Democratic ticket, pulling them down in the mud in a way that certainly juxtaposes themselves against their 'campaign of change,'" a senior aide said.

(Editing by Howard Goller)

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2944356420080901?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 11:44:54 AM »
Bristol is a baby making machine. According to my rough calcs, she conceived this baby one month before she gave birth to Trig.  ::)

God bless that young couple, I wish them the very best. To the DUmmies.... STFU, your preferred choice of sucking the unborn down a sink is really not yours to make in this case, is it?

I noted that in another thread.  While she made a mistake and some will criticize her (or worse) for it, she's at least acknowledging her mistake and BOTH parents are owning up to their responsibilities.

Put it this way--if she's the first child of a politician to have premarital sex or have a child out of wedlock, well, color me shocked.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 11:48:31 AM »
First, this crushes the smear dead in its tracks.

Second, this makes Obama's "I wouldn't want my daughters saddled with an unplanned pregnancy" elitist, out of touch with the common American family and absolutely reprehensible.

MOST IMPORTANTLY...

Third, it shows pro-lifers are just that. The palin family has placed their committment to life and each other over EVERY other concern, even the presidency (although I suspect they have all along trusted the common sensibilities of the American voter).

They're walking the talk.

Bravo Palin family, bravo.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 11:49:24 AM »

I noted that in another thread.  While she made a mistake and some will criticize her (or worse) for it, she's at least acknowledging her mistake and BOTH parents are owning up to their responsibilities.

Put it this way--if she's the first child of a politician to have premarital sex or have a child out of wedlock, well, color me shocked.

Great minds sparky!  I saw that and then I thought maybe you would think I was pulling a Biden-rama-dama-ding-dong.  :thatsright:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »
First, this crushes the smear dead in its tracks.

Second, this makes Obama's "I wouldn't want my daughters saddled with an unplanned pregnancy" elitist, out of touch with the common American family and absolutely reprehensible.

MOST IMPORTANTLY...

Third, it shows pro-lifers are just that. The palin family has placed their committment to life and each other over EVERY other concern, even the presidency (although I suspect they have all along trusted the common sensibilities of the American voter).

They're walking the talk.

Bravo Palin family, bravo.

:clap:

This is perfect...

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 11:51:29 AM »
^EXCELLENT POINT Snugs!!!

Politico’s Carrie Budoff Brown reports that it followed “Obama's earlier comments that he does not favor abstinence-only education but, rather, comprehensive sexual education that includes information on abstinence and birth control.”

“Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old," Obama said. "I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at age 16, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."

:fuelfire:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 11:51:51 AM »
^H5, SB--you show that conservatives aren't perfect, but take responsibility for their own actions and deal with the situation they created.  Obama's comments show utter disregard for life and personal responsibility.  Sitting here, clinging to my gun and Bible while I make out my Wal-Mart shopping list and budget my money so I can pay my mortage and other bills ON TIME, I see that while there isn't a reward per se for doing the right thing, but there sure as hell are consequences for NOT doing the right thing.  Too bad the libs will never figure that out.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 11:53:43 AM »
Religious philosophical question of the day.... do you suppose babygate and all its associated spinoffs are part of God's Divine Plan to highlight the whole abortion holocaust issue in this election? I see a theme emerging.  :popcorn:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 11:54:48 AM »
Ow--yeah, make a big case out of this one, libs--you're in a lose/lose situation with that one.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »
I can't wait for the McCain/Palin camp to throw Obama's "punished with a baby" remarks back in his face.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 12:04:55 PM »
But don't you think it's irresponsible of Mr and Mrs Palin to "burden their daughter with a child"?  :whatever:

Yeah, me neither.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »
I can't wait for the McCain/Palin camp to throw Obama's "punished with a baby" remarks back in his face.

I don't know that they should start this battle, but if the Obamites start it, McCain/Palin should DEFINITELY finish it.  

I have an idea for an attack ad that would start with Obama's/surrogate's attack comment, then show his "punished with a baby" comment, then give his floor comments where he voted to kill babies that survived abortions.  Game, set, match.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 12:06:04 PM »
Religious philosophical question of the day.... do you suppose babygate and all its associated spinoffs are part of God's Divine Plan to highlight the whole abortion holocaust issue in this election? I see a theme emerging.  :popcorn:
I hope so, because there has to be a reason for the nastiness Bristol has been forced to endure over the past couple of days.  The Obamaites need to be very careful with this story, the Palins are going through something which many families across America go through and so far seem to be a model worth copying.  Not only the youngsters doing the right thing and taking responsibility, but also the unhesitating love and support that has been shown by the parents.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 12:07:46 PM »

I don't know that they should start this battle, but if the Obamites start it, McCain/Palin should DEFINITELY finish it.  

I have an idea for an attack ad that would start with Obama's/surrogate's attack comment, then show his "punished with a baby" comment, then give his floor comments where he voted to kill babies that survived abortions.  Game, set, match.
No I totally agree. They DO NOT need to bring it up. Someone will though and that will be the opportunity for a witty reply. McCain's camp has thrown out some really brilliant retorts. I'm anticipating more of the same. It pleases me. There's a golden opportunity to play shrewd politics. I think the McCain camp will do it well.