Author Topic: "Im a feminist. I study rape culture. And I dont want Al Franken to resign"...  (Read 4343 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
rainlillie (989 posts)                   https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029870075

"Im a feminist. I study rape culture. And I dont want Al Franken to resign"...
"As a feminist and the author of a book on rape culture, I could reasonably be expected to lead the calls for Al Franken to step down, following allegations that he forced his tongue down a woman’s throat, accompanied by a photo of him grinning as he moves in to grope her breasts while she sleeps. It’s disgusting. He treated a sleeping woman as a comedy prop, no more human than the contents of Carrot Top’s trunk, and I firmly believe he should suffer social and professional consequences for it.

But I don’t believe resigning from his position is the only possible consequence, or the one that’s best for American women."
[link://|https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/11/17/im-a-feminist-i-study-rape-culture-and-i-dont-want-al-franken-to-resign/?utm_term=.500cc4fd0e72]

FarPoint (6,499 posts)
1. I'm fine with the photo of Al ...

It appears she has on a Kevlar vest and breast are not accessable nor were her breasts a real Target object of sexual desire...it was a photo where joking about was acceptable, prank style...

You are a sad excuse for a human being. I hope you choke at the Thanksgiving table  :bird:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
:yeahthat:

(The choking at the Thanksgiving table part, that is.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
She studies rape culture. She studies a non-existent figment of liberal imagination. What a waste of time.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline thundley4

FarPoint (6,499 posts)
1. I'm fine with the photo of Al ...

It appears she has on a Kevlar vest and breast are not accessable nor were her breasts a real Target object of sexual desire...it was a photo where joking about was acceptable, prank style...

The victim of the prank was asleep. The picture was meant to demean and embarrass her. It was Franken's revenge for her not wanting to kiss him.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I think the 'Resign' thing on Franken is a bridge too far, and the dirt on Moore is so ancient that it should be written in hieroglyphs and then burned.  Unless it's a lot more recent than it is, there's redemption and rehabilitation to consider over that vast lapse of time.  It's not like he volunteered to be a guard at Treblinka.  I guarantee almost everyone, man or woman, has done something in the past 40 years that would get the torches and pitchforks out if the worst take on it came out in the press all based on the other side of the story.

Stuff that happened in the last 8 or 9 years is a whole different class, however while I think Franken's pic was low class and inappropriate, it's not worthy of calling for his resignation no matter how obnoxious I find him.  Not worthy except in a payback sense, that is.

I got a laugh out of one of the FB news feed stories today thought:  '36 SNL actresses [cough] sign statement supporting Franken' or some such crap...which really means there were 36 women who swear he either didn't touch their tits or asses, or they didn't mind if he did.  Hell, even Bill Clinton or Bob Cosby could find 36 women who were around them and didn't get fondled.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
rainlillie (989 posts)                   https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029870075

"As a feminist and the author of a book on rape culture, I could reasonably be expected to lead the calls for Al Franken to step down, following allegations that he forced his tongue down a woman’s throat, accompanied by a photo of him grinning as he moves in to grope her breasts while she sleeps. It’s disgusting. He treated a sleeping woman as a comedy prop, no more human than the contents of Carrot Top’s trunk, and I firmly believe he should suffer social and professional consequences for it.

But I don’t believe resigning from his position is the only possible consequence, or the one that’s best for American women."
You a-holes called for the "resignation solution" for anyone who was not a democrat vote in congress or a big $$$ donor. Your solution to the new revelations of all these dem pols, lefty media stars and lefty donors is to have the female victims "close their eyes and think of England" for the good of the cause.  :wtf2:  is the matter with you?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Old n Grumpy

Me too, I would rather see him castrated, tarred & feathered and run out of town on a rail. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

Individual women are eggs who can be broken to make the Feminazi omelet.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

Stuff that happened in the last 8 or 9 years is a whole different class, however while I think Franken's pic was low class and inappropriate, it's not worthy of calling for his resignation no matter how obnoxious I find him.  Not worthy except in a payback sense, that is.

A new accuser came out about Franken. He was a senator at the time. He grabbed some woman's ass while having his picture taken with her. She told people about it and even put it on her facebook page at the time.  However, it was a bout 7 years ago, IIRC.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

A new accuser came out about Franken. He was a senator at the time. He grabbed some woman's ass while having his picture taken with her. She told people about it and even put it on her facebook page at the time.  However, it was a bout 7 years ago, IIRC.

As long as Slow Joe is walking around loose, and even considered a viable Prez candidate, I don't think there actually are any standards.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

As long as Slow Joe is walking around loose, and even considered a viable Prez candidate, I don't think there actually are any standards.

This guy on Twitter has been taking heat from liberals for posting all these pics and videos of #CreepyJoeBiden. 

https://twitter.com/RAMRANTS/status/930065838387863552

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
If you haven't already, read the WaPo article. This chick blatantly comes out and says what Franken did is unacceptable, but it's more important to keep a Dem in office than to punish them for their sexual indiscretions. The primitives have been saying the same thing, but I normally wouldn't expect the WaPo to admit they're two faced so openly.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

Im a feminist. I study rape culture.

Translation: I'm a humorless hag who nurses snifters of brandy and a grudge that no males hit on me.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Tess Anderson

:yeahthat:

(The choking at the Thanksgiving table part, that is.)

those kind of remarks coming from a libtarded nurse, glad she was fired:

http://hr.cch.com/ELD/OMalleyNaphcare102115.pdf

Phil Donahue  :rotf:

Offline SVPete

those kind of remarks coming from a libtarded nurse, glad she was fired:

http://hr.cch.com/ELD/OMalleyNaphcare102115.pdf

Phil Donahue  :rotf:

Looking over that document, her lawyer should have smacked her upside the head over some of her failures to produce discovery items. Not that it would havehelped.

From this summary of the case and the ruling with which it ends, it looks like a mediated settlement may have been reached. If so, it was probably a nuisance settlement, in which NaphCare admitted nothing and paid Teresa O'Malley enough to pay her lawyer  and go away.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse

"Im a feminist......."

OKayyyy, who is this dude??
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
OKayyyy, who is this dude??

A sock for Kentuck . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ChuckJ

She studies rape culture. She studies a non-existent figment of liberal imagination. What a waste of time.

I've been trying to figure out what "rape culture" is since the post was first brought over. It almost sounds like some kind of society that would let anyone use any bathroom or shower because he, she, or it claims to feel like a particular gender.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline thundley4

I've been trying to figure out what "rape culture" is since the post was first brought over. It almost sounds like some kind of society that would let anyone use any bathroom or shower because he, she, or it claims to feel like a particular gender.

The only "rape culture" I know about is fully endorsed and embraced by the left. Of course I'm talking Islam.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
The only "rape culture" I know about is fully endorsed and embraced by the left. Of course I'm talking Islam.

Or gang bangers.

Offline thundley4

Or gang bangers.

Who are also supported and defended by the left. If not by their words then by their actions.

Offline I_B_Perky

I am a Dummieologist. I study behavior exhibited by freaks such as yourself that inhabit the dump and I want you to die as soon as possible.

The end.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline sneakypete

Sounds like she is his personal bitch,doesn't it?
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline sneakypete

Of course there are,if you don't have a "D" behind your name.

Many of them,in fact. The left is even dreaming up new standards every day,none of which will ever apply to THEM.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Not if you went to college and spent $50,000.00 getting a degree in Women's studies and Lezbonics. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!