Author Topic: Sitemeter broke my innernetz  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Sitemeter broke my innernetz
« on: August 02, 2008, 08:40:57 AM »
...and I'm not alone.

A Big IE7 Problem on the Web - Update: Sitemeter Responsible?
Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 6:56:09 pm PST

I’ve confirmed that there’s some kind of problem on the Internet, that only seems to affect users of the Internet Explorer 7 web browser. Attempting to browse to many sites results in an ‘Operation Aborted’ error. No information about the problem elsewhere yet ... stay tuned.

UPDATE at 8/1/08 7:20:27 pm:

It appears to be related to Sitemeter.com — browsing to their web site with Internet Explorer 7 produces the error too.

From LGF via Instapundit. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Sitemeter broke my innernetz
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:40:55 AM »
Oh what a tangled WorldWideWeb we weave when first we count what is received.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 09:45:58 AM »
This stinks.  I can't read any of my regular blogs.  Well, Autoblog TTAC seems to be working.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 03:57:55 PM »
Sitemeter seems to have corrected the problem.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 11:13:41 AM »
Well................. IF you used Firefox, you wouldn't have this problem.........

:tongue:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 03:12:29 AM »
Well................. IF you used Firefox, you wouldn't have this problem.........

HUGE +10,000,000 on this. On this new laptop I've used IE twice, to go get Firefox & Thunderbird.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 08:25:24 PM »

HUGE +10,000,000 on this. On this new laptop I've used IE twice, to go get Firefox & Thunderbird.

Caution: If you book with AA, your boarding passes don't print correctly in Firefox.  It started about 3 months ago and I don't know which side changed.