Author Topic: I've noticed . . .  (Read 461 times)

Offline CC27

I've noticed . . .
« on: May 16, 2022, 12:53:32 PM »
AndyS (12,282 posts)

I've noticed . . .

Every time there is an horrific mass shooting the powers that be look at how to 'make us all safer'. In almost every response it comes down to inconviencing us, the victims. Installing metal detectors, doing pat downs at outdoor concerts, holding active shooter drills in schools. Every time the solution is to imose on us, the ones being shot at.

The background check system is a ****ing joke. How many of these shootings were done by someone with a manifesto posted on social media. Why doesn't the background check extend to social media? I'm told it's a violation of privacy. Why can I park my car in the Albertson's parking lot and sell my guns to the first guy with cash without a background check? I'm told it's because background checks on private sales is a needless incnovience to 'law abiding citizens'. Why can't we have a national red flag law reported to the background check system? I'm told that red flag laws are 'confiscation', the biggest boogbear in all of gundom.

When any gunner is asked about any gun regulation I'm told it's a inconvience to 'law abiding citizens'. If I ask about a national or even local safe storage law I'm told that the 'law abiding citizen' who is a 'responsible gun owner' MUST have instant access to a gun to 'protect his family' and it's an inconvience to have to unlock a gunsafe.

Why is every inconvenience heaped on us, the victims? Why do gunners have to be placated? Why does the 9% of voters who want less reguation win out over those who outnuber them 4 or 5 to 1?

Oh, that's right the gun lobby out spends us victims.

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH US?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216697910

You have noticed nothing. Moron.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Re: I've noticed . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 02:10:21 PM »
You have noticed nothing. Moron.

Why should we give in to the LBGTQRSTUVWXYZ crowd when we outnumber them 100,000 to 1.
You shove that sh*t down our throats (metaphorically speaking) 24/7/365 and we're expected to take it so suck it up buttercup.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 02:27:42 PM »
As soon as they prosecute Hunter Biden for lying on his form, and start actually enforcing the gun laws we have, then you might see change.

WHY is it every time there is a shooting, mass or otherwise, the left wants to punish everyone who DIDN'T do it?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 05:54:54 PM »
Just a reminder Joe Biden and the democrats are responsible for over 600,000 deaths on their watch with a vaccine.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 08:04:26 PM »
https://nuwber.com/person/563abe9c98f8a849c15fab62

actually, Andy's opinion is in the minority there. He'll just have to settle for voting for that useless dork Beto again.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 08:56:11 PM »
What I've noticed is....

Black on black.....crickets

Black on white....crickets

White on black....WHITE SUPREMACY! THIS MUST BE ADDRESSED! REICHWING NAZI!!!

The Buffalo shooter was a leftist. A white supremacist, communist leftist.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 06:42:07 AM »
As soon as they prosecute Hunter Biden for lying on his form, and start actually enforcing the gun laws we have, then you might see change.

Another symptom of the 'something must be done' fallacy.

Years go there was a school shooting in Scotland, the immediate cries went up 'something must be done' - nobody bothered to pause and ask whether the shooter should have had access to a firearm under the law then in place (he shouldn't - the enforcement was negligent), and so we got a ban on hand-guns...which was followed by a rise in the number of hand-guns in the country, all of them in the hands of out-laws.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 06:52:32 AM »
Another symptom of the 'something must be done' fallacy.

Years go there was a school shooting in Scotland, the immediate cries went up 'something must be done' - nobody bothered to pause and ask whether the shooter should have had access to a firearm under the law then in place (he shouldn't - the enforcement was negligent), and so we got a ban on hand-guns...which was followed by a rise in the number of hand-guns in the country, all of them in the hands of out-laws.

Knee jerk reactions never work out the way those who enact them think they will.  I see it in my industry all the time.  An accident happens on a job and the reaction/action to it goes so far into left field it creates other issues.

I had an incident on a job last summer involving a 90 ton mantis crane.  Bottom line is the operator was relying too heavily on the computers on board rather than actually doing the job of an experienced operator and the incident occurred.  Thankfully no one was injured, but it could have been really bad.

My take on the whole thing is the computers shouldn't be in these cranes.  Let operators operate.  The 'safety' the computers have been thought to have given the industry is an illusion and one that could have caused someone on my job to die.  The operator admitted he wasn't watching his whip line and was relying on the alarm from the computer and the alarm never went off, nor did it shut the crane down as it was supposed to do.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 07:33:10 AM »

Knee jerk reactions never work out the way those who enact them think they will.  I see it in my industry all the time.  An accident happens on a job and the reaction/action to it goes so far into left field it creates other issues.

I had an incident on a job last summer involving a 90 ton mantis crane.  Bottom line is the operator was relying too heavily on the computers on board rather than actually doing the job of an experienced operator and the incident occurred.  Thankfully no one was injured, but it could have been really bad.

My take on the whole thing is the computers shouldn't be in these cranes.  Let operators operate.  The 'safety' the computers have been thought to have given the industry is an illusion and one that could have caused someone on my job to die.  The operator admitted he wasn't watching his whip line and was relying on the alarm from the computer and the alarm never went off, nor did it shut the crane down as it was supposed to do.

KC

The problem is all the left has is knee-jerk reactions. I believe that most politicians (Democrats and Republicans) are incapable of coming up with solutions to complex problems. They refuse to identify or admit to the root causes of the various problems we face and can only offer band-aids or plans to treat the symptoms but leave the disease to thrive.

The preferred solution seems to be the kick the can down the street solution and hope it becomes someone else's problem when the potato gets too hot.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 08:06:59 AM »
FIFY:

AndyS (12,282 posts)

I've noticed . . .

Every time there is an horrific mass shooting the powers that be look at how to 'make us all safer'. In almost every response it comes down to inconveniencing us law-abiding gun owners. Installing metal detectors, doing pat downs at outdoor concerts, holding active shooter drills in schools, taxes and regulations designed to burden legal gun ownership. Every time the solution is to impose on us, the legal gun owners.

Being the excessively kind person I am, I corrected a couple of AndyS' DUmmie-spellings as well as making his rant accurate.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 02:57:02 PM »
Every time there is an horrific mass shooting the powers that be look at how to 'make us all safer'. In almost every response it comes down to inconviencing us, the victims. Installing metal detectors, doing pat downs at outdoor concerts, holding active shooter drills in schools. Every time the solution is to imose on us, the ones being shot at.

This is your brain on collectivism.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.