Author Topic: Comrade DeBlasio mandates vaccines for private business in NYC  (Read 572 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Comrade DeBlasio mandates vaccines for private business in NYC
« on: December 06, 2021, 09:18:07 AM »
NYC Mayor De Blasio announces vaccine mandate for private sector workers

The NYC mayor called it a 'preemptive strike' against the omicron variant and a potential winter spike

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on Monday issued a "preemptive strike," mandating that all private sector employees in the Big Apple be vaccinated against COVID-19 amid the new threat posed by the omicron variant beginning Dec. 27.

De Blasio, whose term is set to expire in a matter of weeks, broke the news during an interview on MSNBC’s "Morning Joe" Monday morning.

"We’ve got omicron as a new factor, we’ve got the colder weather, which is going to really create additional challenges with the delta variant, we’ve got holiday gatherings," de Blasio said.

"We in NYC have decided to use a preemptive strike to really do something bold to stop the further growth of COVID," de Blasio said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de-blasio-announces-vaccine-mandate-for-private-sector-workers
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Re: Comrade DeBlasio mandates vaccines for private business in NYC
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 09:23:03 AM »
Saved my opinion for a response rather than in the original article:

This cannot be deemed legal.  If this somehow is legal to impose, that is the beginning of that slippery slope for dictating what private industry does.

An observation, and talk me down if I'm wrong.  But this sounds like a job creation program for left-wing enforcers to pop in every bodega, mom & pop store, and of course larger businesses in the five boroughs.  Similar to the "Climate Corps", which has been proposed in each of these "Build Back Worse" Biden bills.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 11:06:45 AM »
Comrade De Blah-Blah will soon be told by a court that he lacks authority to do this. Given the degree of vax-resistance among NYPD, enforcement won't happen to any significant degree.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 12:42:25 PM »
De Blasio, whose term is set to expire in a matter of weeks, broke the news during an interview on MSNBC’s "Morning Joe" Monday morning.

going out with a scorched earth policy
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 12:51:38 PM »
going out with a scorched earth policy

It's a leftist scumbag tradition. Hitler did it. Mussolini tried to do it. Pol Pot, Jim Jones, hell even Andrew Cuomo all ran up the body count score before they were ru out of town.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 02:42:32 PM »
Comrade De Blah-Blah will soon be told by a court that he lacks authority to do this. Given the degree of vax-resistance among NYPD, enforcement won't happen to any significant degree.

That's what I was alluding to.  Think the libs would like a group of government workers be the enforcement arm for this, employing millions of people across the country to pester businesses.  And it puts the workers into the government unions, therefore getting used to the umbrella of the government teat.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 04:26:18 PM »
Thankfully de Blowhard will not be mayor much longer, not that I'm not sure his successor will be much better.