Author Topic: The GOP Needs to Clean House ASAP...  (Read 910 times)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
The GOP Needs to Clean House ASAP...
« on: January 25, 2024, 02:30:04 PM »

By Brandon Gillespie , Alicia Acuna; Fox News | Published January 24, 2024 9:36pm EST

...Arizona Republican Party Chair Jeff DeWit resigned with a lengthy resignation letter on Wednesday, one day after the audio recording was leaked and first reported on by the Daily Mail. In the letter, he claimed the recording was a "deceptive tactic" by Lake and accused her of being "on a mission to destroy" him.

"The tape speaks for itself: The Arizona GOP Chairman Jeff DeWit attempted to bribe Kari Lake. Thankfully, Kari is an extremely ethical person who rejected DeWit’s multiple attempts to offer her money and corporate board seats in exchange for Kari not running for public office," campaign senior advisers Caroline Wren and Garrett Ventry told Fox News Digital.

[snip]

Here's a link to how I found out about this cluster****. I'm glad this shitstain, Jeff DeWit still possessed the modicum of ethical sense necessary to RESIGN when he was exposed for doing this, but if he's the ONLY one called to account for this, then he's the FALL GUY.

In the audio, he makes reference multiple times to "this" not coming from him, but from "BACK EAST". IMHO the GOP is condoning and covering up this kind of horseshit if there isn't a thorough investigation into who, precisely, "Back East" is (I have my suspicions, but will keep those to myself for now), and at the very least, "Back East" joins Mr. DeWit in being publicly exposed and joins him in the political unemployment line, poste haste.

This kind of shit is exactly the kind of shit that pushed me out of the Republican Party over a decade ago. I don't know how the rest of y'all can continue to stand being associated with it.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Online Old n Grumpy

Re: The GOP Needs to Clean House ASAP...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 07:35:59 AM »
Politics has gotten so corrupt I don’t think it could ever be straightened out :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 12:26:45 PM »
Politics has gotten so corrupt I don’t think it could ever be straightened out :thatsright:

Hanging a few "examples" from the street lamps surrounding the Capitol Mall would probably go a long way towards straightening out The Swamp... :therock:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 12:45:03 PM »
Hanging a few "examples" from the street lamps surrounding the Capitol Mall would probably go a long way towards straightening out The Swamp... :therock:

Make Lamp Posts Great Again!

O-)
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.