Author Topic: 2013: Top DUmmies #20-11  (Read 8332 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
2013: Top DUmmies #20-11
« on: December 20, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
Best to clear the left-overs, the fragments, the drek, out of the way before proceeding onto the big awards--this is always the least-exciting award to write--and so here they are, the bottom half of the top twenty DUmmies of 2013:

20-Omaha Steve--the big guy in Bellevue, 0bama Steve, and oh my how the great have fallen; once a perennial top finisher, this time he had a close shave in avoiding elimination altogether.  The big guy made a second run for the Bellevue city council this year, getting considerably fewer votes than he had in 2012.  Perhaps the next time he runs for something, he should pay attention to the advice and counsel of his fellow Nebraskan, giving him at least a second-place finish, and getting him back among the Top DUmmies.

20-WilliamPitt--the Bostonian Drunkard, no comment needed.

20-California Peggy--the CalPig primitive, the poetess laureatette of Skins’s island, no comment necessary.

19-ProSense--the perennial--and possibly paid--apologist for that man in the White House; for years she enjoyed the undying adulation and agreement among her fellow primitives, but this year her popularity began to fray, and continues to fray.  It couldn’t happen to a more-appropriate primitive.  As the 0bama presidency continues to unravel, one expects she’ll catapault into the top ten next year.

18-NYC_SKP--Skippy, the male counterpart of the CalPig primitive, who’s always up to saying an encouraging word, but never up to doing an encouraging deed; he’s no sartorial genius either, with a wardrobe making him look ridiculous--something out of Hawaii in the 1970s--rather than professional.  And like the CalPig primitive, he gets around a lot, visiting fellow primitives in exotic locations; but being a governmental employee with an expense account that would please a maharajah, he does it on the taxpayers’ dime, not his own.

17-MrScorpio--O’Dorkio or McDorkio, the resident expert on “blackness” on Skins’s island, who always gets things wrong.  His “black” hero, for example, has more in common with lily-white franksolich than with brown-black O’Dorkio.  Once the ladies’ man of the Lounge, he’s retracted his balls considerably the past few years; one wonders what’s up with that.  Maybe it’s age; he’s not as young and spirited as he used to be.  Perhaps McDorkio could recover some of his lost vitality by doing something useful, like becoming Republican precinct captain for his neighborhood

16-graham4anything--the graham cracker primitive, who had a record 127 other primitives ignoring him by the time he was mausoleumed in July 2013, probably at the instigation of the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive.  He was burdened with a perhaps-undeserved reputation for the singularity of his opinions, as really, he was a pretty conventional primitive, as primitives go, his notoriety based upon the reaction of other primitives to whatever he said, not upon what he said.

15-malaise--the malarial primitive, the sullen, scowling, sneering primitive from Jamaica, the yeller gal, a pal of cousin nadin’s; she didn’t do anything of exceptional interest this year other than substantially contribute to the gaseous poisonous miasma that overhangs Skins’s island.  When one thinks of a thick malevolent fog, one inevitably thinks of malaise.

14-kentuck--the bluegrass primitive, who actually lives in Colorado, in or around Colorado Springs, for whom the fresh mountain air has done no good, as he continued to spout off ideas and opinions that would astound even Lewis Carroll or Arthur Koestler.  Perhaps the bluegrass primitive would be better off in a lower elevation, back home in old Kentucky.

13-darkangel218--the dorkangel primitive, the champion swan-song singer on Skins’s island, who’s had probably more farewell performances than a whole flock of singing anitidae.  Allegedly a student in nursing, she’s finishing it up faster than the speed of light, in the same fashion as those three-day trips to Europe she’s allegedly taken.

12-grasswire--addled Judy, the pie-and-jam primitive, who provided much laughter trying to sound credible and authoritative on so many different issues; she’s traced her ancestry clear back to Abraham and Sarah, or perhaps even to Adam and Eve, and is the “expert” on Skins’s island, on television talking faces and punidiots; in her spare time, she pursues the mystery of what ever happened to the late red round one.  Her guardians--her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and adult great-great-grandchildren--have tried keeping her off the internet, as she makes herself look silly, but the old lady dodges them every time.

11-denninmi--Dennis the Menace, Den-Den, who caused a sensation blabbing w-a-a-a-a-a-y too much about his mental problems, demonstrating why the mentally-ill should not be allowed to post on message-boards, given their lack of discretion.  Dennis the Menace is currently inactive on Skins‘s island, which is a good thing; perhaps it means he’s seeking help in a useful place, and if that’s the case, one wishes him well.  But one wonders if he’s understood yet that one can either be a primitive, or be sane.  Not both at the same time; just one thing or the other thing, a primitive or sane.  Just one thing or the other thing.

Okay, onto the real awards…..
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: 2013: Top DUmmies #20-11
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 12:11:36 PM »
Wow, Crazy Dennis didn't even make it into the top ten.

This year's awards should be interesting.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:13:41 PM »

They are.

Very interesting.

To put it mildly.

As long as one expects the unexpected, it's okay though.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 12:34:54 PM »
LOL @ Skippy coming in at #18, beating out both WeeWillie and the infamous CalPig.
I've known some pathological liars in my time, but 0 takes the prize.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 12:37:27 PM »
LOL @ Skippy coming in at #18, beating out both WeeWillie and the infamous CalPig.

But unfortunately, that compelled me to tip my hand, in showing the winner of the CCA, who's announced just before the big one, the Top DUmmie of 2013, on New Year's Eve.

I tried arranging the schedule of releases so that wouldn't happen, but nothing worked.

Everybody knows who the winner of the CCA is.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 12:45:16 PM »
Looks to be a very close one. There are three #20 ranked for DOTY.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 12:56:15 PM »
But unfortunately, that compelled me to tip my hand, in showing the winner of the CCA, who's announced just before the big one, the Top DUmmie of 2013, on New Year's Eve.

I tried arranging the schedule of releases so that wouldn't happen, but nothing worked.

Everybody knows who the winner of the CCA is.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 01:07:38 PM »
Looks to be a very close one. There are three #20 ranked for DOTY.

Actually, no, compared with last year, there weren't many close ones, probably due that more voters showed up this time than that time.

The only close call in the top ten, for example, was that at the last minute, eventual Top DUmmie #02 overtook eventual Top DUmmie #03.  That was close.

And there's two runaway winners who might as well've been given their awards even before the contests started.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 01:23:27 PM »

+1 to that.  I was surprised to see him at #11. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 01:24:46 PM »
I had OS in my Top 5.  I'm incredibly disappointed. :( :censored:

Therefore, it's mainly because of me that the old shit-wrangler is even listed here today. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 01:38:03 PM »
I had OS in my Top 5.  I'm incredibly disappointed. :( :censored:

Therefore, it's mainly because of me that the old shit-wrangler is even listed here today. :whistling:

You're right; the big guy was a mere half a vote away from being shoved into obscurity by a lumpenunterprimitiven.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 01:44:30 PM »
You're right; the big guy was a mere half a vote away from being shoved into obscurity by a lumpenunterprimitiven.

Steve had potential earlier this year, because of the election for the vacant seat on the city council. 

But just like his life, he threw that opportunity away. 

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 02:52:41 PM »
Steve had potential earlier this year, because of the election for the vacant seat on the city council. 

But just like his life, he threw that opportunity away. 
Opportunity went in the trash bin right along with his razor.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 03:46:27 PM »

O. M. F. G.

This list has some interesting implications. That is all. I await the results under the assumption that Ralph.s thumbs steered clear of the scale.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 03:50:50 PM »

I also had WillPitt in my Top 5. :o
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 03:56:50 PM »

O. M. F. G.

This list has some interesting implications. That is all. I await the results under the assumption that Ralph's thumbs steered clear of the scale.

Oh, I'm sure Mr. Wiggum counted all votes honestly.

He's so straight he makes Abraham Lincoln look dishonest.

But yeah, there's some interesting implications; you'll probably start seeing them Christmas.  But until then, all's pretty predictable.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 04:02:16 PM »
Oh, I'm sure Mr. Wiggum counted all votes honestly.

He's so straight he makes Abraham Lincoln look dishonest.

But yeah, there's some interesting implications; you'll probably start seeing them Christmas.  But until then, all's pretty predictable.

Anyway, I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but why no Golden Bong award for the best bouncy?
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 04:11:59 PM »

Anyway, I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but why no Golden Bong award for the best bouncy?

I would guess because there haven't been any good bouncies in years.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 04:20:54 PM »

The one year we tried it, there were so many of them the voting was significantly fragmented, the eventual winner having won with circa 5% of the total votes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 04:56:43 PM »
Several there who could be consistently whacko but, save for the Pittster, could never rise to the top. All you can say is they're hanging on by having name recognition only.

MrScorpio a/k/a O’Dorkio, McDorkio, the resident expert on “blackness” on Skins’s island, the boy primitive, could have helped himself by having more Curious George posts about his racist biking adventures in inner-city Detroit.  But alas, he had one and faded away.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 06:07:20 PM »
I had Omaha Ed Norton, Grahamcracker and Skippy in my top 10. Given that my Nos one and two are the same as every person that voted, my choices suck.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline jukin

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »
This kind of shakes my previously held beliefs of the awards. I look forward to further surprises.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »
I had Omaha Ed Norton, Grahamcracker and Skippy in my top 10. Given that my Nos one and two are the same as every person that voted, my choices suck.

My choices didn't do so hot either.

I'm really disappointed in one particular primitive's showing, but that'll be remedied.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 08:04:30 PM »
Ugh, a little disappointed in this - I was hoping Skip and Judy would place MUCH higher. Trying to figure out what the top ten must be . . .  nads, Amber, Doug, PW, TMN are probably half of them, and place pretty high.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 08:21:23 PM »
<Tears up betting slip>

There goes my trifecta.

:-)
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.