Author Topic: We are at war. Let's act like it.  (Read 1071 times)

Offline CC27

We are at war. Let's act like it.
« on: September 23, 2021, 11:02:03 AM »
Girard442 (5,216 posts)

Right now, the antivaxxers are suicidal human wave attackers in the Republicans' drive to sabotage the Biden presidency. We need to pull out all the stops to shut them down. I think the steps taken so far are good, but we need to go bigger. Biden should, through executive order, declare that all Federal buildings are off-limits to the unvaxxed. Yes, that would include post offices.

Biden should institute a vaccine passport program at least as sturdily managed as actual passports. The right will scream. Let 'em scream.

Nobody gets on a plane without a shot. If the unvaxxed need to fly out to the coast, Let 'em take a f****ing hang-glider.

The Justice Department should create a task force to determine which laws, civil or criminal, are applicable to people who have mass gatherings where countermeasures are not taken. Then use them. It would be good if, right out of the gate, a couple of high-profile violators got some actual hard time. That would get people's attention.

Same thing about media operations that spread anti-vax lies. There has got to be a way.

There should be a move to indemnify health care institutions that put in place triage programs that would help assure care to people with non-COVID needs.

There's got to be lots more. The key is to wake up and realize that business as usual is gone.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215886398

Ok then................  :whatever:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: We are at war. Let's act like it.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 11:18:24 AM »
Right now, the antivaxxers are suicidal human wave attackers in the Republicans' drive to sabotage the Biden presidency. We need to pull out all the stops to shut them down. I think the steps taken so far are good, but we need to go bigger. Biden should, through executive order, declare that all Federal buildings are off-limits to the unvaxxed. Yes, that would include post offices.

Well then, perhaps you should ask these so-called "human wave attackers" in the Black and Hispanic communities.  Which are the least vaccinated in our country.

Take a gander:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/distributing/about-vaccine-data.html
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 11:30:46 AM »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 11:56:28 AM »
Finally, a DUmmie says what I've been saying for year.  DUmmies can't actually implement their endless dictatorial edicts:

Star Member Kaleva (28,403 posts)

10. You are saying others should act like this is war while we do nothing

I don't think there's a single DUer that can do any of what you listed.

What DUers can do is cut off non-work or non-emergency related contact with all adult family and friends who aren't vaccinated.

One can also protest in front of local establishments who don't require their employees to be vaccinated.

Stuff like that.

You idiots only wish you were little tyrants.  You're actually nothing at all. 

Star Member Irish_Dem (16,957 posts)

12. There has to be a way to fight back. The GOP is at war with the US and the Dems.

We cannot just sit back and watch our democracy go down the drain.

::)

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 11:59:33 AM »
Well then, perhaps you should ask these so-called "human wave attackers" in the Black and Hispanic communities.  Which are the least vaccinated in our country.

Take a gander:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/distributing/about-vaccine-data.html

Liberal holy writ says that minorities are too stupid to do what is good for them (like getting an ID, getting vaxxed, etc.) and therefore need Wise White People to make the People Of Colour do things For Their Own Good.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 12:07:16 PM »
Girard442 (5,216 posts)

Biden should institute a vaccine passport program at least as sturdily managed as actual passports. The right will scream. Let 'em scream.

Nobody gets on a plane without a shot. If the unvaxxed need to fly out to the coast, Let 'em take a f****ing hang-glider.

The Justice Department should create a task force to determine which laws, civil or criminal, are applicable to people who have mass gatherings where countermeasures are not taken. Then use them. It would be good if, right out of the gate, a couple of high-profile violators got some actual hard time. That would get people's attention.

Same thing about media operations that spread anti-vax lies. There has got to be a way.

There should be a move to indemnify health care institutions that put in place triage programs that would help assure care to people with non-COVID needs.

There's got to be lots more. The key is to wake up and realize that business as usual is gone.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215886398

This is not Australia, it will not end the way you imagine.  Just saying.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 01:28:16 PM »
Re the OPer,

:badass:

:rotf:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 01:42:19 PM »
The primitive should volunteer to go door to door giving out the vaccine
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 01:44:27 PM »
Anti-vaxxers are trying to sabotage the Biden presidency???

Putting aside the ludicrousness of this claim, the Biden administration does that to itself to such an extent that its opponents don't need to do anything.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 01:49:43 PM »
Anti-vaxxers are trying to sabotage the Biden presidency???

Putting aside the ludicrousness of this claim, the Biden administration does that to itself to such an extent that its opponents don't need to do anything.

I wonder if DUmmie Girard442 knows who RFK Jr. is. Because I'd be :popcorn: ed to hear him/her explain why a Lib/Prog anti-vaxxer is trying to "sabotage the Biden presidency."

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 01:52:29 PM »
These DUmmies still think every positive covid test result is an automatic death sentence
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2021, 02:01:27 PM »
These DUmmies still think every positive covid test result is an automatic death sentence

Well, haven't heard anything about the reverend Jessie Jackson since he announced his positive test.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2021, 02:05:45 PM »
Well, haven't heard anything about the reverend Jessie Jackson since he announced his positive test.

I can't find the downside to that
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2021, 03:36:46 PM »
I can't find the downside to that

Is Jesse Jr. still in jail?  He jumped on that gravy train that his charlatan father started.  Not worth my time to look up every Democrat grifter's whereabouts.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2021, 03:56:52 PM »
The Left has been acting like they were at war since at least the attempted murder of Congressmen at the softball game.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2021, 04:37:36 PM »
I'll bet there were people in 1930's Germany that felt the same way about the untermensch like this DUmbass feels about the unvaccinated.

Come on DUmbass. Admit that you want to lock up those who refuse to take the Covid vax in concentration camps. Let your fascist flag fly.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Delmar

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2021, 07:10:17 PM »
Drone strikes, bull whips, and blow darts.  The gloves are off.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline jukin

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 10:26:33 AM »
I know the DUmbsses are DUmb but vaccines protect the person that is vaccinated. If a DUchebag is vaccinated it does not matter others are not because they won't get the disease... well unless it is not a real vaccine. Which it isn't.

In fact there is more data that shows the "vaccine" created the delta variant because it is not a real vaccine. So the people that have been "vaccinated" are much more dangerous to humans than the unvaccinated as those "vaccinated" are true super spreaders with ten times the viral load.

But DUmbass are DUmb and don't think for themselves.

Old and Busted: Herd Immunity

New Hotness: Herd Mentality
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 10:42:37 AM »
In fact there is more data that shows the "vaccine" created the delta variant because it is not a real vaccine.

The Delta variant was discovered in India in early October, 2020, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SARS-CoV-2_Delta_variant#Statistics . That was over two months before any Covid vaccine was authorized or approved for use in any country. Therefore there can be no "data" the shows that any of the several Covid vaccines "created the delta variant".

Offline thundley4

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 11:05:44 AM »
The Delta variant was discovered in India in early October, 2020, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SARS-CoV-2_Delta_variant#Statistics . That was over two months before any Covid vaccine was authorized or approved for use in any country. Therefore there can be no "data" the shows that any of the several Covid vaccines "created the delta variant".

Who the hell knows how many of these new cases are Delta, the old one or some new variant? They are NOT doing any specific tests to check, merely making the claim that it's Delta.

Why are there more active cases now than when there were no vaccines?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 11:52:40 AM »
Girard442 (5,216 posts)

Oh, Cupcake; trust me, you really don't want to go there.

...the antivaxxers are suicidal human wave attackers in the Republicans' drive to sabotage the Biden presidency.

Nobody NEEDS to lift a finger to "sabotage" #JoeThePedophile's "presidency". First; to HAVE a presidency, one must first LEGITIMATELY WIN a presidential election. Second; were he to actually have a presidency, #JoeThePretender and the C-grade clown show "advising" him are fully incompetent enough to screw things up all on their own. Nobody who refuses to partake in your dubious bubble of GroupThink needs do a thing.

...Biden should, through executive order, declare that all Federal buildings are off-limits to the unvaxxed. Yes, that would include post offices.

Ask #ReggieLovesLilBitch how blatantly unconstitutional actions like that usually worked out for him. Better yet, let me show you the quote (stuttering and knob-gobbling redacted for brevity):

Quote from: ReggieLovesLilBitch
...Believe me, the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting. I promise you. Not just on immigration reform. But that's not how - that's not how our system works. That's not how our democracy functions. Thats not how our Constitution is written.

...Nobody gets on a plane without a shot. If the unvaxxed need to fly out to the coast, Let 'em take a f****ing hang-glider.

How you doin', DUmbass. I'm your worst nightmare, according to this: an "anti-vaxx'er" with a plane and a pilot's license. If you think flying wither-so-ever I might without The Jab is bad, you should see me go strolling thru the GA terminal at the same airports where you and the rest of the sheep are being poked, prodded, groped and herded like cattle, with a sidearm strapped to my hip, a rifle slung over my shoulder, and toting enough ammunition behind me to start a war, and IF by chance there were a TSA thug in the terminal, they are legally not permitted to so much as look askance at me. But we can talk kubuki theatre some other time.

...The Justice Department should create a task force to determine which laws, civil or criminal, are applicable to people who have mass gatherings where countermeasures are not taken. Then use them.

See the quote from Li'l Bitch, above.

...Same thing about media operations that spread anti-vax lies.

Just because they don't march in lockstep with your own "conform, prole!" narrative du jour doesn't mean they're lies. To be legally actionable, "lies" must be demonstrated so in court, shit-for-brains. Trust me, you don't want your dogma scrutinized that closely.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 11:58:49 AM by DefiantSix »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 03:23:43 PM »
Why are there more active cases now than when there were no vaccines?

There aren't, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ . Compare both the new cases peak and time breadth in the winter surge, which was largely pre-vaccines, to the current surge. The premise of your question is false, so the best answer is, "I like pie."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2021, 03:44:22 PM »
There aren't, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ . Compare both the new cases peak and time breadth in the winter surge, which was largely pre-vaccines, to the current surge. The premise of your question is false, so the best answer is, "I like pie."

I'm not searching through your link, but I will if you search through mine. https://www.google.com/

Offline ADsOutburst

Offline SVPete

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2021, 05:11:46 PM »

I'm not searching through your link, but I will if you search through mine. https://www.google.com/

I use Duck Duck Go, not Google. And Worldometers is just a site with data, not a search engine. My link was for their page with data for the US. It won't bite you.