Author Topic: primitives all upset (gee, I wonder what this is about, too)  (Read 508 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3893276

Oh my.

BR_Parkway  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-26-09 01:05 PM
Original message

Prop 8 upheld 6 to 1 - 18,000 marriages still valid

No link yet.

Ha ha.

JerseygirlCT  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-26-09 01:07 PM
Response to Original message

1. 6 to 1?

That's even worse than I hoped. Disgusting.

Ha ha.

tekisui  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-26-09 01:07 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. Damn. Only one non-bigot on the bench?

Ha ha.

JerseygirlCT  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-26-09 01:08 PM
Response to Reply #2

3. That's what I was thinking. 

How truly sad.

Ha ha.

Tesha  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-26-09 01:09 PM
Response to Reply #1

6. Given the facts at hand, it's hard to see how they could have ruled otherwise.

Bigotry probably has very little to do with it.

BR_Parkway  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-26-09 01:11 PM
Response to Reply #1

7. As someone said earlier - the CA Supremes were for equal marriage in their earlier, split decision. This question was mostly about the Constitutional process. So they've affirmed the right of the slim majority to strip the rights of the minority. Hopefully someone is filing today to strip Mormons and Catholics of their right to marry.

Congrats to the 18,000 first class gay and lesbian couple who remain validly recognized by the State - and I'm terribly sorry to the rest of my brothers and sisters who still have to fight for their basic rights to be recognized in their state. I'm still amazed that here in NC we've managed to keep this issue off of the ballot, or we'd certainly have an amended Constitution here by now.

Ha ha.

flvegan  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-26-09 01:09 PM

4. Miserable bunch of ****ing bigots.

**** every single hateful shithead that voted for it in the first place. **** the 6 judges that upheld it.

Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.

Terran (1000+ posts)      Tue May-26-09 01:09 PM

5. How the **** do the explain the continuing validity of those marriages then?

This is so ****ed.

Oh BTW--US Supreme Court, here comes Prop 8. We could be seeing same sex marriage resolved at the federal level--finally.

ismnotwasm  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-26-09 01:11 PM
Response to Reply #5

8. Exactly

Legislative twilight zone. ****

Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.

kestrel91316  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-26-09 01:11 PM
Response to Reply #5

9. Those marriages occurred when gay marriage was actually legal in CA.

Between the court ruling making them legal and the passage of Prop 8. I thought this was obvious.

slackmaster  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-26-09 01:13 PM
Response to Reply #5

10. Same-sex marriage was legal for a while before it became illegal

It's not fair, but that's how things are done in California.

It's the way it's supposed to be done.  No ex post facto application of the law.

Not only in California, but in the other 49 states, too.

joeybee12 (1000+ posts)      Tue May-26-09 01:13 PM
Response to Reply #5

11. It is totally phucked...how can you say just because you were quick to get married it's valid, but now it isn't...too much political posturing went into this decision.

Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha.  Ha ha. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: primitives all upset (gee, I wonder what this is about, too)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 12:32:56 PM »
You know, watching the hate-fest against the military yesterday broke my heart and I had to walk away. This gay angst (gangst) makes it worth reading again. Delicious!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 12:35:26 PM »
Frank? The GLBT forum is exploding over there :lmao: Great stuff! I keep refreshing and new stuff keeps popping up! :lmao:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 12:40:49 PM »
This gay angst (gangst) makes it worth reading again. Delicious!

Cindie

Please Cindie, don't ever use "Gay and "Delicious" in the same post again.   :thatsright:

BTW, I'm all for civil unions, which is what they already HAVE in CA, I just see this as an attempt to force it onto the entire f'n country. Matter of fact, the government needs to get out of the marriage business all together.

They didn't want "marriages". They wanted you to be forced to accept their lifestyle. Stick with your civil unions, morons, it's more than your fellow travelers get in other states. Oh, and stop being whinyass little bitches.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 12:44:07 PM »
Terran sez: 
Oh BTW--US Supreme Court, here comes Prop 8.

I heard on the radio that this case goes no further.  No SCOTUS.