Author Topic: primitives want to go back to the past  (Read 456 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives want to go back to the past
« on: May 26, 2009, 11:19:15 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5709036

Oh my.

The primitives as usual showing that they're sordid reactionaries, against progress.

lefthandedlefty (31 posts)      Sat May-23-09 03:03 PM
Original message

Why can`t we do some things like we did 30 or more years ago?

Why not go back to using reuseable glass containers for milk,soda,coffee and other soft drinks.We did it before glass is easily cleaned and sterilized just charge the customer a deposit so they return it.It has to take less energy to clean something than to make it plus think how much less trash we will generate.Afterall don`t most of us reuse our dinnerware we don`t buy new after every meal.

Another thing I would like to see is banning self service gas stations,when was the last time you had your windshield cleaned and you oil checked when buying gas.Why not if someone has enough money to put in the stock market start and run your own business don`t give your money to someone else to lose it`s no skin off their back if it`s lost.

Now something that we should be doing right now convert steet lights and traffic signals to solar power.Temporary signals are already that and work just fine,I have also seen some school zone warning lights that are solar power they work fine also.Just think have a storm electricity goes out lights still work.

Well, there's plenty here the primitive doesn't understand.

Those things cost money.

Primitives are cheap tightwads, especially when it comes to groceries or gasoline.

The primitives can have one thing or another; cheaper groceries and cheaper gasoline, or those things the primitives miss, but which add to the cost.

One can have one thing or the other thing, not both things.

And since the primitives are the way they are, cheap tightwads, that means that quality has to be sacrificed for cheap.

Stupid primitives.  Really stupid primitives.  Just really stupid primitives.

The baby-talking warped primitive, who gives her food "cute" "teddy-bear" names:

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Sat May-23-09 03:11 PM
Response to Original message

2. Waxed cartons worked really well for milk and don't have the breakage problem that glass has.

That was the real problem, breakage either in transit or in the bottling plant.

In addition, glass is heavy. It's a pain in the ass to haul home and haul back.

As for the full service gas station, want to pay significantly more for gas? The new pumps are well designed enough that you won't end up with gas on your hands or shoes with minimal care.

Solar powered street lights would be a plus, though.

Gregorian  (1000+ posts)        Sat May-23-09 06:33 PM
Response to Original message

35. Because 30 years ago we had nearly half the number of people on the planet. 

Double the number of people, but far more than double the number of drinks that consist of something other than plain old water out of a tap.

The ease of which petroleum can be melted and turned into a parisan (spelling?) and popped into a bottle mold is far easier and less energy intense than driving around collecting bottles, sorting them, cleaning them, and on and on.

It boils down to population. And people don't want to talk about that. It's the unspoken monster.

I'm typing this on a backhoe, and a buck just jumped out of the forest and is eating grass right next to me. He's nuts! I love it.

One really needs a degree in engineering just to have a basic understanding of how our society works, and what it requires to work. Even then it can be difficult to sort out the wheat from the chaff. Thermodynamics, resources, and the one thing that makes scarcity without using anything- population.

And solar isn't anywhere near as efficient as just running big generators with wire going to the source. Which is exacgtly what I"m doing right now on the tractor. I will have solar, but it's time isn't fully here.

Well, excresence, why doesn't the chanting primitive contribute to curing overpopulation?  Those who preach, should first practice.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: primitives want to go back to the past
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »
Greegor is right... has he been TSed yet??

Offline RobJohnson

Re: primitives want to go back to the past
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 01:01:54 PM »
Why not go back to using reuseable glass containers for milk,soda,coffee and other soft drinks.We did it before glass is easily cleaned and sterilized just charge the customer a deposit so they return it

You would have to exempt the ****ers on food stamps from the deposit and they would never bring the bottles back.