Author Topic: Long time lurker - Bernie supporter I'd like you to read my story.  (Read 970 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287546173

sigh144 (24 posts)

Long time lurker - Bernie supporter I'd like you to read my story.

Hi there.

Been coming here just to read a bit for probably going on 10 years or so.

A little bit about me:

I'm 34 years old, I have a wife and a 3 year old daughter who is healthy and awesome. I love her, we are best pals.

Dad's still around, mom passed 3 years ago right after my girl was born.

She was diagnosed with glioblastoma, on my effing wedding day she had a seizure, had to leave the wedding she essentially planned.

The next morning, 6/1/2015 the news comes, shes finished. Maybe she hangs on for the 14.6 months median survival. Maybe not, they cant say.

What happened after this diagnoses is why I feel a kinship with Joe Biden, his son Beau died hours later on that same day of the same disease. I've always liked Joe, still do.

What happened after that day is also why I'm a Bernie supporter.

Docs told me, all of 32 years old and just married basically...."Here's her medications (all 10 of em), have fun with all that" ohh and , she needs daily chemo and radiation for 42 days.

Help caring for her?

What the **** do you think this is?

A christian nation?

Go EFF yourself and call a church.

Anyways, she wasnt too bad for the first few months, although she wasnt quite mom anymore.

About a year later, she starts her decline, 3 days before Christmas she suffers a stroke, and i had just had an argument with her the night before, rushed to the hospital, she couldnt talk, was not awake, i lost her and she thought i was mad at her.....ill never get to tell her i wasnt......i was freaking out. Devastated all over again.

She eventually woke up and was a little less like mom again.....but still there, i balle dmy eyes out when she woke up the entire floor of the hospital probably heard me.

Fast forward a few months, shes still able to walk , barely but that ability is declining fast, shes pooping herself constantly, im cleaning it off the floor her legs, the toilet, while still managing her care and keeping her records, appointments, i kept her alive and became a nurse, im proud of that.

I love her and i miss her but im proud of what i did for her because she was worth it.

About 4 months before she passes shes bed ridden, i get someone to come to change her and clean her twice a week.......IF its deemed she has had a set back, this isnt perpetual 2times a week help.

Every morning, the stench of her lying in her own urine fills the room, no help.

Nothing, your ****ing christian nation failed.

You family values failed you scum bag ****ing teabagging pieces of shit.

Luckily she passed befopre the bedsore that started to stink got worse.

No help until the final 2 weeks on Hospice.

32 year old with no experience at all in nursing, heres her meds, heres her chemo schedule........disgusting.

Thats why im voting for Bernie Sanders.

Thats why I despise conservatives.

Thats why I'm just not that interested in a moderate.

Thanks for reading.

So your mom was diagnosed in 2015.  2 years before Trump became president.  And you were living under the thing called Obamacare ... hmmmm and you hate conservatives why, again??

There are several comments I haven't read yet.  I have some other fish to fry, but I thought I would bring this over.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Long time lurker - Bernie supporter I'd like you to read my story.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 10:08:28 AM »
If bloomie were prez, she wouldn't have gotten shit.

If bernie were prez she wouldn't have gotten shit either.

She was your mom, why didn't you look after her?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 10:22:00 AM »
I feel sorry for the kid. No child deserves a liberal for a parent.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 11:06:18 AM »
I feel sorry for the kid. No child deserves a liberal for a parent.

THIS.

As an aside, my 12-year old daughter had a 9-year old friend, whose mother is a soprano in the choir I sing in at my church.  Said mom is also a PhD at a local college, and incredibly leftist.  I say “had” because the mom emailed us about a get-together that the two of them had about a month ago.  Well, the mom wanted my daughter to read a book, out loud (I think for the 9-year old) of a movie I had taken my daughter to see (“Frozen 2”).  My daughter didn’t want to read the book, and instead started to play a game on her phone.  The mom was incensed enough to write my wife a snooty email about the incident.  My wife . . . Let’s just say that in the 20 years we’ve been together, I’ve never seen her this mad.  Guess who we’re not talking to anymore?  I read the email several times, and the arrogance was pouring out of it.  I have to sing Sunday morning for a Mass, and I think there might be . . . “bad blood” if things go south. :banghead:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 11:08:24 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 11:17:12 AM »
Glioblastoma is particularly nasty as cancers go. Typical survival time after diagnosis is on the order of a year, with treatments not much prolonging that, if at all. It killed John McCain III.

How her illness became the responsibility of any church, I don't get. Nor government, though there is both Medicare and Medicaid, which I didn't see mentioned in the :bouncy: . Nor a husband, a suggestive omission.

I won't detail my tl;dr-grade medical history, but Mrs. SVPete and I have both had multiple surgeries apiece - including a brain tumor apiece - without financial disaster. Because career choices - non-government and non-union, BTW - and having employer health plans rather than very expensive OhBummer! Don'tCare plans.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 11:32:25 AM »
So he is pissed that no one offered to take care of his mom for free?

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 11:49:17 AM »

“All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”

― Leo Tolstoy , Anna Karenina

I can empathize but let's face it, someone (most likely, but not necessarily, his mother) took care of his bodily functions when he was young too. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 12:16:37 PM »
So he is pissed that no one offered to take care of his mom for free?

That was my take on it too.  He posts in another post that his mom was on Medicare.  I don't know what this young man is wanting.  It looks like he's just looking for someone to blame for a horrible thing. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 12:21:05 PM »
Docs told me, all of 32 years old and just married basically...."Here's her medications (all 10 of em), have fun with all that" ohh and , she needs daily chemo and radiation for 42 days.

Help caring for her?

What the **** do you think this is?

A christian nation?

Go EFF yourself and call a church.
Yeah. Suuuuure the doc told you that.

As for churches, did his mother participate in a church, temple, mosque, coven??? Because when I broke my leg, my church set up a schedule of people to bring in meals so that my family could have a different, delicious meal every day.

Years earlier, my friends from church took me to my daily radiation treatments, brought meals, a nurse friend from church offered to irrigate my port-a-cath.

BUT, if you pick a church out of the phone book and demand free daily nursing care, you are likely to be disappointed. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 12:23:49 PM by Mary Ann »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 12:59:08 PM »
As for churches, did his mother participate in a church, temple, mosque, coven??? Because when I broke my leg, my church set up a schedule of people to bring in meals so that my family could have a different, delicious meal every day.

Years earlier, my friends from church took me to my daily radiation treatments, brought meals, a nurse friend from church offered to irrigate my port-a-cath.

BUT, if you pick a church out of the phone book and demand free daily nursing care, you are likely to be disappointed. Just sayin'.

My wife and I have had similar experience, multiple times (over a ~30 year time span), with our churches' people bringing us meals to help us after surgeries. They, ummmm, overwhelmed our fridge and freezer space, :-) .

A FB friend is receiving similar assistance from people in her church during her chemo treatment - meals and transportation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 01:13:25 PM »
My wife and I have had similar experience, multiple times (over a ~30 year time span), with our churches' people bringing us meals to help us after surgeries. They, ummmm, overwhelmed our fridge and freezer space, :-) .

A FB friend is receiving similar assistance from people in her church during her chemo treatment - meals and transportation.
Some years ago I worked for a Christian organization that coordinated the efforts of local churches in meeting community needs. I got a call one day from a NICU nurse who told me that a young woman in our town had given birth to triplets, and needed some help. I had a notice placed in our churches' bulletins--"Baby Holders Wanted!" Believe me, the next day I was swamped with calls! Every grandma in town wanted a piece of that action! Not only did they offer to hold and feed babies, one woman offered to do baby laundry. Another, who had some disabilities, offered to spend time with the toddler-aged sister, so she wouldn't feel neglected.

Awhile before that, the mom in a migrant worker family was bitten by a brown recluse spider and was seriously ill for months. A Christian church took that family under its wing, with meals, housekeeping, whatever.

The churches will step up, and meet needs, when they are known. But, it certainly wasn't the job of the DUmmy's mother's doctor to arrange help for him. It makes me wonder how much effort the DUmmy put into finding help on his own.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 01:21:15 PM »
Some years ago I worked for a Christian organization that coordinated the efforts of local churches in meeting community needs. I got a call one day from a NICU nurse who told me that a young woman in our town had given birth to triplets, and needed some help. I had a notice placed in our churches' bulletins--"Baby Holders Wanted!" Believe me, the next day I was swamped with calls! Every grandma in town wanted a piece of that action! Not only did they offer to hold and feed babies, one woman offered to do baby laundry. Another, who had some disabilities, offered to spend time with the toddler-aged sister, so she wouldn't feel neglected.

Awhile before that, the mom in a migrant worker family was bitten by a brown recluse spider and was seriously ill for months. A Christian church took that family under its wing, with meals, housekeeping, whatever.

The churches will step up, and meet needs, when they are known. But, it certainly wasn't the job of the DUmmy's mother's doctor to arrange help for him. It makes me wonder how much effort the DUmmy put into finding help on his own.

You also don't see him bashing his DAD!  He mentions dad is still around, but that is as far as that goes.  Not once does he trash dear old dad yet he HATES conservatives ... who as far as I can tell have absolutely zero dog in this fight.

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 02:14:27 PM »
Some relatives live in a small town in a central US state. Churches in the town have a rotating schedule of congregations to will help travelers experiencing a sudden need. This ensures that help is available and that the service is shared among the community.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2020, 03:12:04 PM »
I appreciate all the things said here.

Look, Bernie’s whole message is “Do you have a need? Then there should be a gov’t program to deal with it for you.” That’s all this primitive is whining about. It wants a nanny state. The rest of the story is just cover.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 03:35:30 PM »
Government healthcare response:  Get in line.  We'll be by in 8-10 months to help you.