Author Topic: Reason #8932 why I don't support NPR anymore.  (Read 317 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Reason #8932 why I don't support NPR anymore.
« on: February 19, 2020, 06:00:18 PM »
Coventina (20,351 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213000587

Reason #8932 why I don't support NPR anymore.
This morning, my local NPR station ran a story about Trump's upcoming rally tonight here.

The story was all about the deplorables who follow him around like groupies. It was all about how they've formed this beautiful community, bonded like family, and have also been able to see this beautiful country.

All it did was portray them as these wonderful, supportive people who love each other and love this country.

THIS IS NORMALIZING NAZIS AS "NICE PEOPLE"!!!!!

:mental:

Star Member Farmer-Rick (4,453 posts)

2. Exactly

Did they touch on racism, sexism and homophobia that his supporters display?

The media has to ignore the elephant in the room in order to fawn over Trump supporters.

Star Member NurseJackie (28,956 posts)

4. I like our local NPR station (WAMU, American University, in DC)

I don't always agree with everything they broadcast (whether it's local content or syndicated from other sources) but overall I find them to be a very valuable resource and asset.

Coventina (20,351 posts)

5. Presenting Nazis as nice, normal people goes beyond simple disagreement. n/t

7. Okay. Enjoy your boycott.

:rotf:

Coventina (20,351 posts)

55. There are literally millions, and I do mean millions of important stories to cover

that would take precedence over a feel-good story of how lovable and patriotic these Nazis are.
The fact that they would choose this story, and frame it as they do is pure pro-Nazi propaganda.

Star Member ehrnst (28,603 posts)

57. "Pro-nazi propaganda" "feel-good story of how lovable and patriotic these Nazis are"

Please. Just go back and read what you're actually writing about public radio.

Do you really think a Stephen Miller type has taken over as GM?

Coventina (20,351 posts)

85. They have sacrificed their journalistic integrity in favor of "both sides". n/t

Star Member karin_sj (351 posts)

44. That's why he always gets a large crowd

I've always had a feeling that one of the reasons he always get such big crowds is because of the large group of "regulars" that attend them. These adoring moron cultists follow him from place so they can be part of the action. It would be interesting to know how many rally participants are actually residents of the place Trump is holding his hate-fests and which are the groupies that have devoted their lives to attending as many of his rallies as they can, even if it means driving all across the country. It really is insane.

:thatsright:

Coventina (20,351 posts)

10. This is being complicit with Nazis. We fought a war against them. I do not accept them as fellow

citizens.

Anyone who tries to portray them as nice people are Nazi collaborators.

That is not "news" that is propaganda.

::)  OK, this is getting into bad moling territory. When you gho so over the top the DUmpmonkiez are calling you nutz...

Coventina (20,351 posts)

86. It was an unnecessary piece that only served to normalize Nazis. n/t

jpljr77 (892 posts)

24. If you believe that all Trump supporters are Nazis, then you're part of the problem.

If you won't support evenhanded journalism because they reported on something you don't like, then you're part of the problem.

We have a severe problem in this country right now, and posts like this -- and the sentiment underlying it -- DO NOT HELP.

Coventina (20,351 posts)

25. Trump supporters are Nazis, there is no other way to describe them.

If you don't understand that, then back atcha, pal.

Star Member JustAnotherGen (26,624 posts)

40. I call them Hutus
And I don't accept their humanity. They don't accept mine - so **** em.

:whatever: isn't that racist?

Bradical79 (4,478 posts)

72. The vast majority are white supremecists

Trump and his cronies have direct ties to known Fascists/Nazis, and espoused their ideas themselves. They've been doing so very publicaly for quite awhile now. While I think this person is overreacting to the story, pointing out what these people are is not part of the problem. The normalization of these people for some fantasy of unity is a major part of the problem.

Turin_C3PO (2,600 posts)

65. **** Trump voters.

They support a lying, grifting, bullying, bigoted, fascist. I have nothing but contempt for them.

DENVERPOPS (1,442 posts)

80. I especially love it

When he flashes his "ok" sign during his rallies and speeches. His hand signal is much like the crips and bloods and every other gang in the nation.........

:thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:

Coventina (20,351 posts)

88. No way. At this point, if someone supports Trump they are a Nazi.

He has proved that over and over again.

Anyone still supporting Trump will NEVER vote against him.
They are lost.

Star Member pwb (4,371 posts)

87. Always a lot of buses at all Trump Lectures.

His base is very small without buses. People know him now.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Reason #8932 why I don't support NPR anymore.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 06:20:12 PM »

7. Okay. Enjoy your boycott.

Effective moleing.

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender