Author Topic: The World's Most Boring Bouncy  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Karin

The World's Most Boring Bouncy
« on: May 15, 2019, 09:24:11 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212101248

Wed May 15, 2019, 09:25 PM
 BSdetect (5,835 posts)

So I met an actual trumpster today working at the local hardware store.

I was dumbfounded by his adherence to pure bullshit.

At one point in our somewhat amicable exchange he claimed that income tax was a bad idea and the country could be funded by "tariffs".

He was a guy working at (I am guessing) would be about $14 an hour. I forgot to ask if he would like to be ripped off if he worked for drumph.

He just ignored points such as drumph's 10,000 plus documented lies.

I conclude that they cannot be moved from their cognitive dissonance positions.

I left him with the thought that millions of people are bankrupted by health care costs.

He was the first trumpster I have encountered here in Northern CA. I've met many many others who are enraged by drumph.

Still, it is rather scary.

Zzzzzzzzz

Response to BSdetect (Original post)
Wed May 15, 2019, 09:36 PM
prudence54 (17 posts)
3. I am surrounded by them

I live and work in North Central Oregon and it's unbelievable how ignorant people can be of how the world outside of their little fishbowl works.

I said something, excitedly.. at work the other day about the Portland Trailblazers winning and moving on to the Western Conference Finals, and one of my Trumpster coworkers pipes up with "Yeah I like it when everyone says they can't win and then they do.. people count them out, and polls and stuff. you know, like Trump!" I just stared at him for a long silence, turned and walked away. Total disconnect.

I just can't with these people.

Your co-worker has a great point, and you're too much of a bitch to see it. 

Boxerfan (1,631 posts)
4. My former best friend

At least we had one last talk.

I spent about an hour-patiently winning every argument he made one at a time. And at the end his response was why not just give him a chance. I can't believe a person I respected could turn into such a malignant tool.

He used to respect my opinion. Would call & ask for it even.

After the talk I realized no amount of facts or common sense will change a magat. They are true victims of a long term brainwashing campaign.

A treasured best friend, just thrown away because of a transient political office.  My God. 

Offline ChuckJ

Re: The World's Most Boring Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 05:11:59 AM »
prudence54 (17 posts)
3. I am surrounded by them

I live and work in North Central Oregon and it's unbelievable how ignorant people can be of how the world outside of their little fishbowl works.

I feel bad that this DUer is surrounded by other DUmmies.

Boxerfan (1,631 posts)
4. My former best friend

I spent about an hour-patiently winning every argument he made one at a time

I have a feeling that this DUmmie's "patiently winning" went sort of like this...
Friend makes a factual statement. DUmmie screams "TRUMP IS A NAZI" then declares itself the winner.
Friend shakes his/her head and makes a different factual statement. Dummies screams "TRUMP IS A NAZI" the again declares itself the winner.
Lather, rinse and repeat.

“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 08:35:36 AM »
He was the first trumpster I have encountered here in Northern CA.

That's a very dubious claim. Besides the many NorCal counties that went Trump, many that went Clinton did so by a less that 60-40 margin.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 10:21:58 AM »
Boxerfan (1,631 posts)
4. My former best friend

I spent about an hour-patiently winning every argument he made one at a time. And at the end his response was why not just give him a chance. I can't believe a person I respected could turn into such a malignant tool.

He used to respect my opinion. Would call & ask for it even.

After the talk I realized no amount of facts or common sense will change a magat. They are true victims of a long term brainwashing campaign.

This never happened.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »

This never happened.

Well, it may have in the sense of John McEnroe being player, line judge, and umpire. :-)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 02:06:38 PM »

I have a feeling that this DUmmie's "patiently winning" went sort of like this...
Friend makes a factual statement. DUmmie screams "TRUMP IS A NAZI" then declares itself the winner.
Friend shakes his/her head and makes a different factual statement. Dummies screams "TRUMP IS A NAZI" the again declares itself the winner.
Lather, rinse and repeat.
Chess with a pigeon scenario
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline hillneck

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 03:28:17 PM »
There was a time that the bouncy stories were at least half way entertaining. 
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 10:43:32 PM »
At the time I posted this, I was focussed more on the fact of losing a friend (if it's a real one) over politics.  This phrase:

I spent about an hour-patiently winning every argument he made one at a time.

struck me the second time I read it.  Quintessentially DUmmie, it has the condescension, the delusion, the lying, the high-handedness, and the utter douchebaggery all in one little shitty package.