Author Topic: Landing at Chicago O'Hare International Airport, Cessna 172  (Read 13043 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKvWn317tpU[/youtube]

I love watching this stuff, but all the lights look the same to me.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Landing at Chicago O'Hare International Airport, Cessna 172
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 11:09:34 AM »
The trick is to pick out the airport environment lights out of the sea of other lights.
It wouldn't be the first time an aircraft lined up on a row of streetlights in preparation to land on what the pilot believes to be the runway.
When the airport is in a sparsely populated area it's much easier.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:18:08 AM »
Out of all the cities I've flown to, Las Vegas was the oddest.  It's so flat and the city lights/limits stop as soon as it runs up against the mountains.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 01:06:20 PM »
I love watching this stuff, but all the lights look the same to me.

ATC just loves dipshits like this.  Wanna-be airline pilots.  It's like somebody wanting to drive their riding lawnmower on the freeway.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 02:03:10 PM »
Why no seeum lites? Dey vas rite der in front ob u.
Open ayes otay? Silly Chris_ cave peeplez. :tongue:

Bad Dog, sir. If you listen to the first part of the exchange, it appears the peter pilot was equally surprised at the ORD clearance. I suspect he was originally going to MDW, and something may have prevented his approach there. Can't really say for sure.  :confused:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:24:54 PM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 02:48:29 PM »
Why no seeum lites? Dey vas rite der in front ob u.
Open ayes otay? Silly Chris_ cave peeplez. :tongue:

Bad Dog, sir. If you listen to the first part of the exchange, it appears the peter pilot was equally surprised at the ORD clearance. I suspect he was originally going to MDW, and something may have prevented his approach there. Can't really say for sure.  :confused:

He was just off of Lewis and it looks severe clear in the area. I think if he couldn't get into MDW he would have mentioned it.  They have to make a huge hole in their pattern to protect him from wake turbulence and they have no idea how long he will dawdle on the runway.  A big reason for all the other airports in the LAX area is so LAX doesn't have to deal with VFR and slow movers.

I'll give him this, at least it appears he did this late at night when things were relatively slow.  Most times, you can't detect the tower controller taking a breath between calls.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »
Sketchy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x85YYLuCY4[/youtube]

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 10:59:15 AM »
It's a little windy out there.  Don't forget  your jacket.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP35ULU6IcQ[/youtube]

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 02:27:53 AM »
Out of all the cities I've flown to, Las Vegas was the oddest.  It's so flat and the city lights/limits stop as soon as it runs up against the mountains.
Vegas is strange to fly into, I'll give you that.  Midway is also weird, because Chicago is very flat and Midway is located in a rather busy neighborhood. 
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 07:49:42 PM »
Vegas is strange to fly into, I'll give you that.  Midway is also weird, because Chicago is very flat and Midway is located in a rather busy neighborhood.
.....and as I recall, it goes corner to corner, in one square mile.
Boarding concourses were built for DC-3's and Boeing 247's.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”