Author Topic: UGP discusses dinner  (Read 663 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
UGP discusses dinner
« on: April 12, 2013, 08:54:43 AM »
Quote from:
Brigid

I just fed my cats.

I wonder how many seniors are eating the same thing for dinner tonight.  :bawl:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022656129

Quote from:
undergroundpanther (11,456 posts)

11. I tried it.

Dry Purina One,cat food tastes like chicken flavored Frito's. I took a nibble of 9 lives fancy feast (the ones with peas and carrots in it) on a dare and it was surprisingly tasteless. It looks & smells worse than it tastes. Ironically I was not in poverty when I tried it. I was just curious and willing to beat a dare.

Did you expect anything less?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: UGP discusses dinner
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 08:59:45 AM »
For dear brigid...... probably none.

I don't find UgPee's reply strange at all. It beats the s**t sammich s/h/it tends to eat on a regular basis.
Cats won't even eat that.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »
Brigid

I just fed my cats.

I wonder how many seniors are eating the same thing for dinner tonight.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022656129

No, you dumb bitch, because a can of tuna or potted meat is cheaper than a can of cat food.  ::)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 09:03:37 AM »

11. I tried it.

Dry Purina One,cat food tastes like chicken flavored Frito's. I took a nibble of 9 lives fancy feast (the ones with peas and carrots in it) on a dare and it was surprisingly tasteless. It looks & smells worse than it tastes. Ironically I was not in poverty when I tried it. I was just curious and willing to beat a dare.

Chicken flavored Fritos. Yum.

Stupid bitch. The 9 Lives cat food was not "flavorless".  It tasted the same as the inside of your mouth. Your taste buds couldn't tell the difference.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 09:21:50 AM »
No, you dumb bitch, because a can of tuna or potted meat is cheaper than a can of cat food.  ::)

The last time I check Campbell's Soup was cheaper also.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 09:29:44 AM »
For $20 you could buy a ton of Ramen noodles some crackers, lunch meat bread and cheese slices. It might not be the most nutritious, but it would keep your belly filled.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 09:35:57 AM »
Stupid.  Nothing has changed since yesterday.  Why all of a sudden the cat food?  If you're resorting to cat food, you're stupid enough to deserve every bite.  

My mid-morning breakfast:  Nissin spoonable noodles, from the Dollar store.  $.17 per serving.  

Oh, a concern-troll accusation:

Response to Brigid (Original post)
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 09:52 AM
 Recursion (24,215 posts)
25. Given that cat food is more expensive than beans and rice, I would guess 0

Your concern is noted, though.

Even some DUmmies are tired of the catfood meme. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:42:09 AM by Karin »

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 11:31:35 AM »
If I were that desperate, before I started eating cat food I'd eat the cat.

A hunk of cat meat and a bowl of ramen sounds like a tasty, economical, and nutritious meal.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »
If I were that desperate, before I started eating cat food I'd eat the cat.

A hunk of cat meat and a bowl of ramen sounds like a tasty, economical, and nutritious meal.

And comes with a fortune cookie.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 01:46:31 PM »
My nana lives on SS only. I call her every night before she goes to bed. At 94 one of the highlights of her day is going over what she's eaten that day and what she's planning for tomorrow.

Breakfast is usuall eggs & grits, oatmeal, toast, yogurt (she buys the expensive Greek kind because she likes it best), omelets, blueberry pancakes (she still makes them from scratch) or French toast.

She generally eats breakfast late because it takes her a while to make her bed, take her shower, take her little chihuahua out, etc., so she doesn't generally eat lunch but snacks on things like pepper jack cheese & crackers, a cup of yogurt, whatever.

Dinner always includes some kind of meat (usually whatever her dog, Sammy, will eat because she's always cooked for him...he's never had a piece of dog food in his life), chicken, beef, liver, whatever. She also has vegetables or fruit and a starchy vegetable (her beef & noodles are yummy...it's the only time I eat noodles), potato, rice or noodles. And she usually has some kind of dessert (coconut macaroons dipped in chocolate are her favorite).

As she doesn't even feed Sammy dog food, she's not going to eat it either. So, obviously, you can eat quite well on a fixed income. Of course, she doesn't go out the day she get's her SS check and buy expensive steaks, wine or beer, sodas, chips and other crap.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 03:27:29 PM »

11. I tried it.

I wonder if that was when she decided she was a feline trapped in a human body?   :-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 03:47:53 PM »
I wonder if that was when she decided she was a feline trapped in a human body?   :-)
Nah, it was when s/h/it discovered "something" smelt like tuna.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »
Nah, it was when s/h/it discovered "something" smelt like tuna.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Skul... she is a male panther after all.

H5!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi