Author Topic: "iwillalwayswonderwhy" "very sad" after being told to have a "Merry Christmas"  (Read 870 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021955999

by some grocerystore bagger  ::):

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 12:55 PM
 iwillalwayswonderwhy (1,176 posts)

I got my first "Merry Christmas" said to me yesterday
The lady bagging our groceries at the grocery store said it. She said it with a defiant look in her eyes and she wasn't smiling. My husband and I couldn't even respond because it felt like she was daring us to say something else. So we just both stared at her.

It made me very sad.9   

lots of replies:

Response to iwillalwayswonderwhy (Reply #6)
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 01:42 PM
 Mariana (2,033 posts)
26. I know what you're talking about.

I imagine everyone has heard someone say, "Thank you," in such a way that it's obvious they really mean to express "**** you." This manner of Christmas greeting is the same kind of thing.

You're right, it's no greeting when it's said that way. The words are inoffensive, but the tone gives it away. It's obviously hostile and intended to provoke, just daring you to say anything. It's also extremely passive-aggressive - if you object to the nasty tone, they'll play victim and pretend you're attacking them for their religion.

::)

Response to iwillalwayswonderwhy (Original post)
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
 The Velveteen Ocelot (33,507 posts)
11. "A soft answer turneth away wrath."

A smile and a "Merry Christmas" in return would have been a sort of holiday judo. You'd have thwarted her attitude (if that's what it was) and taken away her defiance. And maybe made her feel better. Returning rudeness with kindness is the best weapon, IMO
::)

Offline Karin

and she wasn't smiling.
  Maybe her feet hurt or something.  If you are sad, DUmmie, that makes me happy.  Be despondent and depressed.  Hide under your covers and sigh. 

Offline DLR Pyro

Hey iwillalwayswonderwhy,  Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 03:59 PM

11 Bravo (14,534 posts)

OH ****! Someone wished me "Merry Christmas" today! I emerged from the tussle unscathed, but ... now I'm left to wonder. I didn't pay much attention to their facial affect when they spoke; nor did I analyze the nuance or vocal intonation of their greeting. Have I been victimized and don't even know it?   ****! I hate it when that happens!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021956891

You know the bouncy is bad when another DUmmy mocks it.

Come on DUmmies try harder, your complete lack of imagination is ruining the bouncy.

"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
When I worked as a cashier at Wallyworld, it was during the Christmas holidays.

I always told my customers "Merry Christmas", even the ones that said "Happy Holidays".

I just gave them a "bless your heart" smile to go along with it!   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
 :whatever: I'll take "Paranoid Personality Disorder" for $500, Alex. If they ever wondered why everyone thinks they're crazy, that thread would be why.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
:whatever: I'll take "Paranoid Personality Disorder" for $500, Alex. If they ever wondered why everyone thinks they're crazy, that ANY thread would be why.

That's better.   :II:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
ok "iwillalwayswonderwhy"... I hope everything you've ever loved dies a painful death before Christmas.

feel better now, asswipe?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
My best friend's husband is Jewish.  I wish him a Happy Hanukah, he wishes me Merry Christmas, and they celebrate both.  We went on vacation together last spring and I went to a Passover service and dinner with him, and he came to an Easter service with us.  No drama, no hurt feelings, just mutual respect and enjoyment of religious traditions.

Offline Mr Mannn

My best friend's husband is Jewish.  I wish him a Happy Hanukah, he wishes me Merry Christmas, and they celebrate both.  We went on vacation together last spring and I went to a Passover service and dinner with him, and he came to an Easter service with us.  No drama, no hurt feelings, just mutual respect and enjoyment of religious traditions.
Bingo! That's real people acting like real people. Respect, honor, love for your fellow man,

Only a liberal can turn a wish for Merry Christmas into some sort of assault.

Offline DLR Pyro

Only a liberal can turn a wish for Merry Christmas into some sort of assault.
...and view abortion as a right rather than murder.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
...and view abortion as a right rather than murder.

and call a terrorist who is killing women and children a freedom fighter while calling the American soldier trying to protect the women and children a baby killer.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline MrsSmith

and call a terrorist who is killing women and children a freedom fighter while calling the American soldier trying to protect the women and children a baby killer.
Especially when they avidly support the killing of over a million babies every year.  "Blind hypocrites" indeed.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline jukin

When I worked as a cashier at Wallyworld, it was during the Christmas holidays.

I always told my customers "Merry Christmas", even the ones that said "Happy Holidays".

I just gave them a "bless your heart" smile to go along with it!   :lmao:

Until this year I had no idea what "Bless you heart" meant. I have always said Merry Christmas and I always will. However this year when if I get a snide comment back (which I never have even in this liberal infested area) that is the comeback. Surprisingly, I get little to no blowback from leftists....except for a very few hyper commie acquaintances, never strangers.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Would you feel better if I told you to go fellate a chainsaw?

Because I really want you to feel better.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."