Author Topic: Republican family values in action  (Read 1705 times)

Offline MrsSmith

Republican family values in action
« on: January 29, 2009, 10:20:44 PM »
ejbr  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-29-09 10:59 PM
Original message

Republican family values in action

Advertisements [?]

Ohio family found dead, January 29, 2009

Police in Whitehall, east of Columbus, responded to a call around 2 p.m. Wednesday and found the bodies of Mark Meeks, 51; his wife, Jennifer Dallas-Meeks, 40; and children Jimmy, 5, and Abbigail, 8.

..snip...

A suicide note purportedly written by Meeks also was found at the scene, but police are not releasing the note's contents, Kelso said.
(May not be employment related, but I wouldn't bet on it)

in addition to Army to report record number of suicides, January 29, 2009

The U.S. Army will report Thursday the highest level of suicides among its soldiers since it began tracking the rate 28 years ago, CNN has learned.

...snip...

The Army has long cited personal stress -- including financial, relationship and substance-abuse problems -- as the major reason for suicides, but it is also studying the extent to which deployments to a war zone may play a role.

and the California case Ervin and Ana Lupoe, January 27, 2009

An entire family of seven was wiped out today as a laid off medical technician, distraught over losing his job, killed his wife, children, and ultimately himself.

Ervin and Ana Lupoe were released from the Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center recently. Ervin told a Los Angeles television station in a fax sent just after he killed his family that it was that loss that drove him to murder and to suicide. Just before sending the fax, Ervin had dialed 911 and told the dispatcher he found his entire family shot to death. Just after sending the fax, he shot himself as well.

To all those people who voted for Bush because of so-called "family values". You done ****ed up and now have blood on your hands. Because as many of us know, Bush didn't care about the working family or the armed forces personnel who leave family at home. It was all about him and his buddies. Let's hope the consequences of your foolish decision will sink in.

Someone missed the inauguration!?!?!?!?!    :o

patrice  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-29-09 11:08 PM
Response to Original message
1. That's Pro-Life for you. 
 Literally, dog-eat-dog culture will lead only to survival of the meanest and fittest, which will, of course, be real good for Life
You mean like "survival of the fittest?"  One of those dearly-loved liberal theories?

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Republican family values in action
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:25:23 PM »
The mentally ill should not be recruiters, what liberal logic is it to give jobs to those who cannot do them?

Last I saw Darwinism was a leftist concept.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:45:22 PM »
To all those people who voted for Bush because of so-called "family values". You done ****ed up and now have blood on your hands. Because as many of us know, Bush didn't care about the working family or the armed forces personnel who leave family at home. It was all about him and his buddies. Let's hope the consequences of your foolish decision will sink in.

OK, but what buddies? Seriously, WHO are these buddies of Bush that benefited? Why aren't we seeing articles about them in Forbes or IBD? However, as an "armed forces" mama, I'm much more petrified now than I was when Bush was president. Somehow it's easier when the CinC actually respects the troops he has in harms way.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 11:11:01 PM »
The mentally ill should not be recruiters, what liberal logic is it to give jobs to those who cannot do them?

Last I saw Darwinism was a leftist concept.

Do you mean the scientific concept of The Theory Of Evolution or the misapplication of that Scientific Theory?

There is no scientific term "Darwanism" so the meaning is obscure at best.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:12:42 PM by freedumb2003 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 11:13:15 PM »
Having the Democrats relentlessly attack the competence of the armed forces and the validity of their most deadly and stressful deployments since late 2003, with the full and enthusiastic participation the national media, I'm sure has had nothing whatsoever to do with the military suicide rate.

:sarcasm: 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 11:18:55 PM »
Do you mean the scientific concept of The Theory Of Evolution or the misapplication of that Scientific Theory?

Darwinism is apparently the idea that things that look alike must be related. This was very wrong of course. I was going to post a very witty and striking example but I forgot it.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 11:21:07 PM »
Darwinism is apparently the idea that things that look alike must be related. This was very wrong of course. I was going to post a very witty and striking example but I forgot it.

Like this?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 11:24:38 PM »
lol.

I thought Carville was excellent in LOTR. Are you saying it wasn't him?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 11:29:23 PM »
lol.

I thought Carville was excellent in LOTR. Are you saying it wasn't him?

That is one of them Hollywood secrets.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 11:38:17 PM »
Anyone who would murder their spouse and children and then commit suicide over loss of a job has psychiatric issues that run far, far beyond mere worry over temporary loss of income. That would be a truism to most people, but the amoral death-crows at DU aren't going to let that stop them from a good old fashioned exploitation of death for their own sick political purposes. Disgusting wastes of oxygen.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 11:43:11 PM »
Anyone who would murder their spouse and children and then commit suicide over loss of a job has psychiatric issues that run far, far beyond mere worry over temporary loss of income. That would be a truism to most people, but the amoral death-crows at DU aren't going to let that stop them from a good old fashioned exploitation of death for their own sick political purposes. Disgusting wastes of oxygen.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 11:55:42 PM »

That is not correct, and you know it.  Scientific Darwanism was known as early as the 1890's and tied into the Social Darwanist theories of the early twentieth century.  It led to all manner of nastiness.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 12:04:07 AM »
That is not correct, and you know it.  Scientific Darwanism was known as early as the 1890's and tied into the Social Darwanist theories of the early twentieth century.  It led to all manner of nastiness.

"Social Darwinism" is an amorphous concept with no concrete definition. And, of course, there is no such term as "Darwinism" in the hard sciences.

Offline Redstatecka

• Thanks, Dad!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 08:52:24 AM »
Anyone who would murder their spouse and children and then commit suicide over loss of a job has psychiatric issues that run far, far beyond mere worry over temporary loss of income. That would be a truism to most people, but the amoral death-crows at DU aren't going to let that stop them from a good old fashioned exploitation of death for their own sick political purposes.

Having been laid off a few times as a "white-collar" professional, whatever that still means, I understand the depression and despair.

But you're right: To take one's life and anothers, including family, must indicate something fractured in a person's soul and mind.

As you say, the amorality and lack of compassion by the DUer, and those who agree with him/her, is sick in the truest sense of spiritual and emotional sickness.

But their day is coming, if they don't turn those hearts and minds around.
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ! For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity and freedom of worship here." -- Patrick Henry, 1765

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 09:21:11 AM »
As opposed to the liberal policies of single motherhood with all of it's DOCUMENTED proof of societal ills. I am off and don't have time to research this but I wager that like the much lower murder rate for servicemen/women the suicide rate is much lower than our the overall.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 10:21:43 AM »
 :rotf:  Applause for the bullseye award of the day!

Those DUers go on and on for pages about various sorry plights they've gotten themselves into, with violins sawing away in the background the whole time, trolling and expecting compassion.  I'll bet they wait with bated breath for a reply.

Yet there is no compassion or even fellow-feeling over these awful murder-suicides. 

I was confused by the title "Republican family values."  I guess the premise is, if anything at anytime bad happens to somebody, it must be Bush's fault.  I guess we knew that was coming.  Truly derangement at its basest.   

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 08:55:18 PM »
:rotf:  Applause for the bullseye award of the day!

Those DUers go on and on for pages about various sorry plights they've gotten themselves into, with violins sawing away in the background the whole time, trolling and expecting compassion.  I'll bet they wait with bated breath for a reply.

Yet there is no compassion or even fellow-feeling over these awful murder-suicides. 

I was confused by the title "Republican family values."  I guess the premise is, if anything at anytime bad happens to somebody, it must be Bush's fault.  I guess we knew that was coming.  Truly derangement at its basest.   

Not just Bush's fault...any nasty or horrifying thing referenced is assumed to have been committed or caused by a Republican, at least until someone finds proof that a Democrat was involved.  Then there are multiple reasons given for why that poor Democrat just had no choice.  ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 05:43:18 AM »
I'm lost as to the pretzels they are turning to apply this to conservatism somehow. I live very close to where the first one listed there happened and actually there was one on my very street a little over a year ago(argument gone bad and then the guy decided to take out her 15 year old daughter and himself for good measure :banghead:). How is this a good answer to a temporary problem and why take out one's whole family in reply? Oh, I get it now, I see where the life-hating mongrels at DU are going. These men had FAMILIES ie children and anytime one has a child unless it is to an untouchable single mother (in which case she is the most noble among us for getting laid, birthing a child, and stepping up to get paid) then they are invested in the 'family values have a bunch of kids wickedness that is Christiandom and conservatism'. :whatever: :whatever: They believe because someone followed their natual human urge to find companionship and natural biological urge to reproduce that they are mind-numbed into the cult o' the family value :thatsright: What a bunch of dumbasses.

Well, here is news for them. Liberals have families too, sometimes even very big families. Not that it matters, but we don't know the leanings of either fellow who took his family out. I know where Whitehall is: lower socioeconomic and mostly unskilled labor--you get to bet as to how that one might have leaned, but as I said, it doesn't matter except to prove a point to the dummies since they only focus on the political. What really happened here is that there are people who are mentally unstable and as long as things are going good, as they had for many many years, then the schism that exists in their psyche is kept at bay. Once anything that is overwhelming stressful to them happens, the schism full on breaks and they fall into despair--it happens at job loss, it happens when faced with divorce, it happens when a spouse is lost, it happens when a child dies, etc. This is a mental health problem, not a political one and there is no way to really know when someone will break like this until they are faced with challenges like this. How this has anything to do with family values is beyond me.