Author Topic: Not my candidate  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Not my candidate
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 01:43:26 PM »
The next 4-8 years are going to critical in that area. All the more reason that we weed the RINOs out of the senate, too.

It sure as hell is important! And I agree about the RINO's in the Senate.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 02:03:34 PM »
WTF?

You see those all the time when I rail against filthy bunnies.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »
You see those all the time when I rail against filthy bunnies.

I don't remember seeing the self portrait pic before.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 03:44:27 PM »

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »
It's our responsibility to NOT have Romney be the nominee. We did it in the midterms by sheer determination and numbers. We can do it again because the intensity has not waned. Even independents want something completely different. I just want someone with balls who won't be afraid to say what needs to be said while campaigning.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 05:22:05 PM »
Honestly, I could care less if the potential candidate was a complete liar on the campaign trail.  Go ahead; say the leftist code phrases the squishy, wishy-washy moderates love to swoon to.  I just want that when the bastard plants his foot on principle, the leftist cocksuckers can pile up like cord wood around him and his knees don't buckle.

Make sure I see you do that, and I'll stand back to back with you, come hell or high water.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 06:25:41 PM »
Ron Paul!

psyche!

That's "Dr. Ron,"  and you're not worthy.   

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 06:27:39 PM »
speaking of, who the **** is bitchslapping me?  that damn liberal, rubilw? :fuelfire:

Obligatory BS for asking who is BS'ing you. 

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 09:23:10 PM »
It's our responsibility to NOT have Romney be the nominee. We did it in the midterms by sheer determination and numbers. We can do it again because the intensity has not waned. Even independents want something completely different. I just want someone with balls who won't be afraid to say what needs to be said while campaigning.

Cindie

I want the same thing. It does not have to be Palin but I honestly do not see anyone that will stand up to liberals like she does and has that fighting spirit. In order to make big spending cuts, lower taxes, become energy independent, take on entitlements, it is going to be a war. Make no mistake; liberals will dig in with their heels even if we get a Repub President and a 60 plus majority in the Senate. It is imperative that our candidate takes his/her policy to the people like Reagan did. None of the candidates except Palin and Christie have the backbone and the desire to fight fiercely for what they believe.

Boehner and the old dogs in the House only want to make 30 billion cuts in the budget while the new Tea Party candidates want 100 to 250 billion. I can see where this going and that is just the nibbling on the edges. If I could punch the asshole Republican thru the TV that states that 30 billion is a significant amount, I would. These chickenshit old dog Repubs need to be replaced cause they are just giving lip service and ignoring the will of the people in the last election. .    
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:25:24 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 11:07:35 PM »
I was goin to sit out last election .. until Palin showed up. The I figured Id be voting for Palin. But to be honest ... I secretly hoped that McVain would lose. (I dont want Palin playing second fiddle for that dufus, it would destroy her reputation) Because I could see the trouble the country was in ... and I knew that not only would McDipstick screw it all up, but he would "work hard" with the democrats on about 90% of THEIR agenda. Then when it all fell apart as it surely would ... republicans would get the blame.(ie ... conservatives and conservatism). You can bet your last nickle the media would be on that trail like a bloodhound.

Secretly I thought ... America needs to see the "contrast". Americans need to see the difference between statism and conservatism. Between big govt and limited govt ideals. And McDingbat would have muddled the whole thing dramatically. Possibly setting the conservative movement back for decades (seeing as how the media loves to throw the republican/ conservative link in our faces when "moderates" muck up the whole works).

Well ... here we are. And I dont think the tea party movement would have got the tremendous boost it did get, if McDoofus had won the nomination. Even though he is not on our side, he does wear our label. And as President, he would be the presumptive head of the party. (Remember how conservatives in the House and the Senate had to tip-toe around Bush when they disagreed with him?) If your elected you dont come right out and discredit the head of your own party. At least not publicly .. unless your counting on a very short and painful career.

Anyways 0'Stinkey may be the best thing to ever happened to the conservative movement .... unlike that .. whats his name? Oh yeah ... McShame ... Like everybody else has said ... lets just make sure the media and the left dont decide our candidate for us again. Nobody I vote for seems to get elected anyways ... except for Rubio. (Reagan was ahead of my time)
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 10:44:26 AM »
speaking of, who the **** is bitchslapping me?  that damn liberal, rubilw? :fuelfire:

I'll always H5 a hot redhead, just on GP.

Anyways, in general I agree with Eupher, but there are a few GOP hopefuls that I would have one Hell of a time leaving home for.  However since hard-over Obamabot McCaskill is up for re-election this time, I'd pretty much need to go to the polling place anyway.  Her union backers have already been hitting the airwaves trying to re-invent her as some sort of fiscally-repsonsible heroine for accepting the inevitable and following along with the GOP on earmarks, trying to make it sound like it was all her idea.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:00:45 AM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 10:51:19 AM »
I've already told McCaskill via email that she's got to go.

Any senator that fawns over the president to the extent that she has isn't worthy of running a day care center, much less her own office.

I'm sure she never got the memo, but what the hell.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 01:35:32 PM »
I've already told McCaskill via email that she's got to go.

Any senator that fawns over the president to the extent that she has isn't worthy of running a day care center, much less her own office.

I'm sure she never got the memo, but what the hell.

Yeah.....I kinda did the same.  I wrote her a letter advising her that every major issue vote she casts between now and the election that was different from our "junior" senator, I was contributing $100 to her opponents campaign......I also mentioned that the "bounty" goes up to a grand if the vote is on Obamacare, reminding her that the Missouri voters overwhelmingly rejected it at the polls last November, and regardless of her party affiliation she WAS elected to represent the interests and opinions of the voters of this state, not spend her term kissing the president's posterior (yeah, I used those words). 

I did receive the "token" one-paragraph response letter........"Thank you for your opinion, I will certainly keep it in mind........"

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 10:37:56 AM »
ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!

It's all about so many things but it's especially about THE SUPREME COURT!
:werd: :exactly:
Look at the slop Zer0 has already thrown into the judicial trough. :censored:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 10:42:07 AM »
:werd: :exactly:
Look at the slop Zer0 has already thrown into the judicial trough. :censored:

Oh I know, which is why the Supreme Court is my #1 reason voting for a Republican no matter who the nominee is. The damage that could be done by Democrats having the ability to fill the Judiciary.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 05:25:35 PM »
Well, my position is that if my candidate doesn't win the Republican nomination, then I will vote for the Republican nominee to try to keep the Democratic nominee out of office.

Half a loaf is better than no loaf at all.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.