Author Topic: Democratic Georgia rep who endorsed Trump resigns after backlash: report  (Read 721 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Democratic Georgia rep who endorsed Trump resigns after backlash: report
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-georgia-rep-who-endorsed-trump-resigns-after-backlash-report

Georgia Democratic state Rep. Vernon Jones announced Tuesday he is resigning from his seat after last week endorsing President Trump's reelection -- a move that quickly earned him backlash from Georgia Democrats.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Jones told The Rashad Richey Morning Show, a talk show in Atlanta, that despite his resignation he would not be leaving the Democratic Party because "somebody's got to be in there to hold them accountable -- hold them accountable to how they are treating black people [and] root out the bigotry."

"Turn the lights off, I have left the plantation," Jones said in a separate statement officially announcing his resignation, according to the Journal-Constitution. "Someone else can occupy that suite. Therefore, I intend not to complete my term effective April 22, 2020."

When a Democrat endorses President Donald Trump. All hell breaks loose for the Dems.

"I don't care what the Democrat Party does to me," Jones said in one tweet, apparently quoting himself on The Rashad Richey Morning Show. "What are they going to do? Spank me?"

He continued: "More African-Americans, prior to this pandemic, were working more than any other time in my lifetime."

In a final tweet, Jones said that "[t]he left hates me because they can't control me. They can stay mad."
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Why resign?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

Why resign?

KC

Exactly.   Stay on and keep fighting the good fight.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Why resign?

KC

He'd clearly become a pariah. Or maybe he was going to jump parties anyway. Or, more likely, he's sick of the lies, distortions, and backstabbing that's inherent to politics in general.

It takes a special kind of narcissist to aspire to political office and want to stay there.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline thundley4

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Been reading today that he is NOT resigning.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen