Author Topic: Obama, not Bush, now seeking delay of Rove deposition  (Read 1418 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Obama, not Bush, now seeking delay of Rove deposition
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:51:37 AM »
Say it all together now... "Rove You Magnificent Bastard!"
Quote from: Javaman
Javaman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)   
Tue Feb-17-09 09:24 AM

Original message
Obama, not Bush, now seeking delay of Rove deposition

Source: RawStory

Former Bush Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove has a new president urging Congress not to force him to testify next week.

President Barack Obama.

In a court brief quietly filed Monday, Michael Hertz, Obama's acting assistant attorney general, said it was necessary to delay an effort to force Rove to be deposed in a congressional investigation into the firing of nine US Attorneys and the alleged political prosecution of a former Alabama governor.

Hertz said an effort was underway to find a "compromise" for Rove, and requested two weeks to broker a deal before proceeding in court.

"The inauguration of a new president has altered the dynamics of this case and created new opportunities for compromise rather than litigation," Hertz wrote in the brief released late Monday by McClatchy's Washington, D.C. bureau. "At the same time, there is now an additional interested party — the former president — whose views should be considered."

Read more: http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Obama_not_Bush_now_seeking_delay_0217.html

Let the gnashing of teeth and mass consumption of blood pressure medication commence!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Obama, not Bush, now seeking delay of Rove deposition
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:52:37 AM »
I was wondering if this was going to show up on Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:54:46 AM »
Obama's done another thing I agree with!  The end of the world is nigh! :o :tongue:

(The other is the call for scrapping the BCS, and replacing it with a football playoff system.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:59:53 AM »
Bonfire is roaring over there, but it doesn't have a lot of substance.  Mostly just impotent anger, and people wailing away because of the betrayel.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 10:05:46 AM »
This is just a prelude to 0Bama doing a mass firing of AGs.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 01:39:47 PM »
Obama's done another thing I agree with!  The end of the world is nigh! :o :tongue:

(The other is the call for scrapping the BCS, and replacing it with a football playoff system.)

But I notice after four weeks in office, 0bama hasn't done a damned thing about that either.

0bama's had plenty of time now--it took Christ only seconds to perform miracles--and all we've gotten is a collapsed stock market out of it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »
But I notice after four weeks in office, 0bama hasn't done a damned thing about that either.

0bama's had plenty of time now--it took Christ only seconds to perform miracles--and all we've gotten is a collapsed stock market out of it.

Coach, I didn't say he scrapped the BCS.  I said that he called for the scrapping of the BCS. 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 01:47:13 PM »
Coach, I didn't say he scrapped the BCS.  I said that he called for the scrapping of the BCS. 

I know what you said, sir.

And I'm saying four weeks have been more than enough time for 0bama to do somethign about it, and he hasn't.

I dunno what 0bama's problem is, with getting things done, that he promised to do.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 02:22:23 PM »
Say it all together now... "Rove You Magnificent Bastard!"
Let the gnashing of teeth and mass consumption of blood pressure medication commence!

Looks like it was moved to here. And as usual, the hatred of the DUmmys for anything Bush is strong in this one.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 02:27:37 PM »
I know what you said, sir.

And I'm saying four weeks have been more than enough time for 0bama to do somethign about it, and he hasn't.

I dunno what 0bama's problem is, with getting things done, that he promised to do.

I agree with the premise that it's been far too long for him to act.

Chase her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 09:52:56 AM »
Looks like it was moved to here.

From that thread:

Quote from:
leftofthedial

263. If Obama protects the bush criminals, he should be impeached.

Quote from:
shadowknows69
Response to Reply #263

265. ****ing A, we were promised a return to the rule of law

My guess is this call for impeachment will not be repeated by either of these two on a consistent basis.  They're hypocrites.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 11:39:01 AM »

He is following the first rule of politics: Never Give You Enemy a Weapon That Can Be Used Against You.

Soros and Ayers are advising him correctly on this one.  The LAST thing in the world they want is for the Obama Administration to be investigated by the Jindal/Palin Administration in 2012.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 12:00:11 PM »
He is following the first rule of politics: Never Give You Enemy a Weapon That Can Be Used Against You.

Soros and Ayers are advising him correctly on this one.  The LAST thing in the world they want is for the Obama Administration to be investigated by the Jindal/Palin Administration in 2012.

Actually, it'd be 2013.

Chase her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »
Actually, it'd be 2013.

Not if 0bama gets impeached first.

I just turned on the internet some minutes ago.

Housing is down, industrial production is down.

It gets worse and worse.

And we were promised things would get better.

It's been four weeks and a day now.

I think I'm going to get me one of those IMPEACH 0BAMA bumper-stickers that one sees around here with increasing frequency.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 01:10:12 PM »
Not if 0bama gets impeached first.

I just turned on the internet some minutes ago.

Housing is down, industrial production is down.

It gets worse and worse.

And we were promised things would get better.

It's been four weeks and a day now.

I think I'm going to get me one of those IMPEACH 0BAMA bumper-stickers that one sees around here with increasing frequency.

I'm against that, and here's why.  Would you want Slow Joe Biden as the president?  :o :o :o

Chase her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 01:11:35 PM »
I'm against that, and here's why.  Would you want Slow Joe Biden as the president?  :o :o :o

I'll take merely stupid over stupid and evil any day.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 01:13:04 PM »

The blooming idiot as opposed to the rabid America-hating radical?

YOU BET!!!! :II:

I hope that was clear enough...

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 04:17:27 PM »
This is just a prelude to 0Bama doing a mass firing of AGs.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 04:19:39 PM »
The blooming idiot as opposed to the rabid America-hating radical?

YOU BET!!!! :II:

I hope that was clear enough...

You do have a point.  Idiocy can at least be funny.

Chase her.