Author Topic: My mom had an annuity and she had the money put into my back account  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/11683262
Maraya1969 (16,289 posts)

This pisses me off! My mom had an annuity and she had the money put into my back account

as a way to help me in the past. She died on Feb. 22. The money kept coming into the account. I didn't realize it until a few months later and I made no less than 4 calls and a couple emails to try and tell them that she had passed.

So I finally got the right number and told the person. She told me that they would take the money back. I told them NO, that they needed to go to my brother who was the trustee and the power of attorney.

Well I just looked at my bank account and they took almost $4,000 out of it. How can they do that?

I should have just closed the damn account and put the money in a safe.

How can a company just take money out of your account? They didn't do a damn thing to find out about my mom's passing. I was the one hunting them down.

I would have paid them back but at a much lower rate and over a longer period of time.

Is there any recourse for me besides writing nasty reviews on the internet?
Well, she did make the effort to contact them, at least. Although it seems she didn't expect to have to give up the $$$ apparently.
Star Member LakeArenal (13,523 posts)

5. They can take the money because it isn't yours.

I’m not trying to judge, but this is why you balance your account every month.

Even if you put it under your bed, they would still get it back. It’s not up to them to set up payback plans.

I don’t think your review was appropriate at all.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: My mom had an annuity and she had the money put into my back account
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 11:35:57 AM »
Quote from:
Maraya1969

They didn't do a damn thing to find out about my mom's passing.

What does this even mean? Does this dolt believe insurance companies call each client every month to find out if they’re still alive?

The amount of stupid with most liberals is incredible.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 11:41:04 AM »
Maraya1969 (16,289 posts)

This pisses me off! My mom had an annuity and she had the money put into my back account

as a way to help me in the past. She died on Feb. 22. The money kept coming into the account. I didn't realize it until a few months later and I made no less than 4 calls and a couple emails to try and tell them that she had passed.

So I finally got the right number and told the person. She told me that they would take the money back. I told them NO, that they needed to go to my brother who was the trustee and the power of attorney.

Well I just looked at my bank account and they took almost $4,000 out of it. How can they do that?

I should have just closed the damn account and put the money in a safe.

Geez, how many non-credible/hinky pieces are there in this :bouncy: ?

1. The trustee didn't notify the annuity company - and no one thought to remind him - of the mother's death? Not for 5 or 6 months?

2. For 5 or 6 months DU-member Maraya1969 didn't notice that 100s of $$ kept appearing in his/her bank account?

3. DU-member Maraya1969 told the annuity company to contact the trustee and is surprised they verified the Mom's death? And acted on it?

4. DU-member Maraya1969, who for months supposedly paid little attention to his/her bank account quickly learned $4K had been taken out by the annuity company?

5. And DU-member Maraya1969 is POed the annuity company reclaimed the $4K they were not obligated to pay out?

6. DU-member Maraya1969 doesn't realize that $4K did not belong to him/her?

7. DU-member Maraya1969 wishes (s)he had committed fraud?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 11:47:57 AM »
Geez, how many non-credible/hinky pieces are there in this :bouncy: ?

1. The trustee didn't notify the annuity company - and no one thought to remind him - of the mother's death? Not for 5 or 6 months?

2. For 5 or 6 months DU-member Maraya1969 didn't notice that 100s of $$ kept appearing in his/her bank account?

3. DU-member Maraya1969 told the annuity company to contact the trustee and is surprised they verified the Mom's death? And acted on it?

4. DU-member Maraya1969, who for months supposedly paid little attention to his/her bank account quickly learned $4K had been taken out by the annuity company?

5. And DU-member Maraya1969 is POed the annuity company reclaimed the $4K they were not obligated to pay out?

6. DU-member Maraya1969 doesn't realize that $4K did not belong to him/her?

7. DU-member Maraya1969 wishes (s)he had committed fraud?
Typical leftist mindset. They have no problem taking other people's money. Because it all belongs to them, anyway.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 11:51:28 AM »
what I got out of that is that the DUmmy is pissed the gravy train jumped the tracks and (s)he wont be getting free stuff anymore.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 12:26:31 PM »
Hmmm... I wonder why this happened.
Maraya1969 (16,291 posts)

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (Maraya1969) on Sat Sep 12, 2020, 11:39 AM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 01:01:09 PM »
Hmmm... I wonder why this happened.
The annuity company follows the cave too?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 01:51:30 PM »
The annuity company follows the cave too?

The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy is everywhere.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 02:34:54 PM »
I am no expert on annuities and I don't know how it this one was structured. However, AFIK the annuity would be part of mommy's estate. So the executor of mommy's will should have those funds going to the estate unless there was a specific bequeath of the annuity.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 02:42:05 PM »
>>So I finally got the right number and told the person. She told me that they would take the money back. I told them NO, that they needed to go to my brother who was the trustee and the power of attorney.

<<

How DARE they put money not belonging to you into an account and then REMOVE it!!!  The audacity!!!  They should have to go through all kind of legal hoops and end up suing you, who are probably judgement-proof. Like the ones they went through each time they PUT IT IN, right?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 02:58:26 PM »
I am no expert on annuities and I don't know how it this one was structured. However, AFIK the annuity would be part of mommy's estate. So the executor of mommy's will should have those funds going to the estate unless there was a specific bequeath of the annuity.

I thought annuities were paid until a certain amount was paid out unless the DUmmie is calling social security or some other retirement account an annuity.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 03:41:07 PM »
well, no annuity account is going to pay out after death, this dummy's brother is a Presbyterian minister in NC, he is probably the one that notified them:

https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/fl/bonita-springs/ruth-e-atkinson-10467136

she lied about her mom's date of death, too.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 07:49:18 PM »
So many lies.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 07:51:16 PM »
The most shocking thing about this is that another primitive called out the dishonesty
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2020, 11:10:16 PM »
hell, I'm just shocked that a DUmpass had 4 grand in their checking account and didn't spend it