Author Topic: Michigan State's Final Four loss brings unruly crowds to streets, 23 arrested  (Read 320161 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Michigan State's Final Four loss brings unruly crowds to streets, 23 arrested
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/michigan-states-final-four-loss-brings-unruly-crowds-to-streets-23-arrested

Hundreds of disappointed Michigan State basketball fans triggered mayhem in the streets of East Lansing after the Spartans' 61-51 loss to Texas Tech in Saturday night's national semifinal, hurling bottles and tearing down street signs, according to local police.

The East Lansing Police Department said in a statement Sunday that the crowd congregated at a downtown intersection immediately after the game. Approximately 30 minutes later, the fans moved to another intersection where they started blocking traffic and throwing glass bottles into the air. Officials estimated the crowd at being between 1,200 and 1,500 people at its peak.

The department said 23 arrests were made Saturday evening, all but one for misdemeanor offenses. The department also said fire crews responded to 10 small fires across the city, which "consisted of small pieces of furniture and there were no significantly sized crowds gathered around these fires."

The same school plagued by Larry Nassar lost in the Final Four. They did not take the loss too well.  :mental:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 06:41:11 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

in other words, michigan state fans act exactly how the democrat party acts when they lose an election....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020