Author Topic: LGBTQ rights are good and well but whatever happened to women's rights?  (Read 798 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
dlk (5,522 posts)
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100212568204

LGBTQ rights are good and well but whatever happened to women's rights?
They are the majority of the population, including the LGBTQ community.

:popcorn:

RhodeIslandOne (3,267 posts)

16. Is someone not walking and chewing gum at the same time?

Star Member irisblue (18,669 posts)

41. As a lesbian women, I fit into both groups

Both impact me.

Do you possess info that LGBTQ ppl have more rights then jist hetrosexual women? Would you please share?

Thanks

Star Member Croney (1,934 posts)

6. All lives matter! (Sarcasm)

Star Member MineralMan (124,144 posts)

7. Human and civil rights are not a zero sum game.

dlk (5,522 posts)

8. Discrimination is profitable

Women are, by far, the largest class consistently discriminated against

Ms. Toad (19,336 posts)

26. AND women have at least two means to redress the illegal discrimination -

The constitution and federal law. LGBT people, by and large, have none - AND - more important - aside from marriage, discrimination is perfectly legal. (The exception is states that have enacted non-discrimination laws, or policies of private companies.)

:thatsright:

Star Member obamanut2012 (16,488 posts)

21. Disgraceful and uneducated OP at best

I won't say what is the worst take on your OP.

Ms. Toad (19,336 posts)

25. Women already have rights, both under the constitution and federal law.

LGBT individuals have neither.

It is already a violation of both law and statute to discriminate against women on the basis of gender. That is not to say it doesn't still happen all the time - but if I am discriminated against based on my gender, there are at least two means of redressing it in the courts.

In most states, there is not even a single means to redress discrimination - because it is perfectly legal to fire me because of my sexual orientation. It is perfectly legal to bar my admission to both public and private venues because of my sexual orientation. (The exception is when states have enacted antidiscrimination laws, or individual employers have adopted policies.)

:whatever:

Celerity (5,651 posts)

38. as a gay woman, there is NO either/or, to try and place a wedge into it is pure divide et impera

tactics and so non productive.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Re: LGBTQ rights are good and well but whatever happened to women's rights?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 05:47:37 AM »
dlk (5,522 posts)
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100212568204

LGBTQ rights are good and well but whatever happened to women's rights?
They are the majority of the population, including the LGBTQ community.

Ask that again in 2020 when you're watching the Olympics and all of the records once held by women are being easily broken by men pretending to be women.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 07:42:19 AM »
Ms. Toad (19,336 posts)

25. Women already have rights, both under the constitution and federal law.

LGBT individuals have neither.

It is already a violation of both law and statute to discriminate against women on the basis of gender. That is not to say it doesn't still happen all the time - but if I am discriminated against based on my gender, there are at least two means of redressing it in the courts.

In most states, there is not even a single means to redress discrimination - because it is perfectly legal to fire me because of my sexual orientation. It is perfectly legal to bar my admission to both public and private venues because of my sexual orientation. (The exception is when states have enacted antidiscrimination laws, or individual employers have adopted policies.)

How in the H3ll do people know your sexual orientation?   ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 08:40:25 AM »
Is this thread in reference to males claiming to be trans invading and dominating some women's sports events? Were DUpipo too blindingly dumb not to foresee this when they were supporting biologically male "trans" being allowed to use women's restrooms?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 09:04:49 AM »

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 09:09:02 AM »
Is this thread in reference to males claiming to be trans invading and dominating some women's sports events? Were DUpipo too blindingly dumb not to foresee this when they were supporting biologically male "trans" being allowed to use women's restrooms?

Theoretically. if a male who calls himself female *is* a female as far as liberals believe, then they would have no reason to complain. I look forward to seeing them complain and asking them why.

For example, seems to me the only reason Dr. Renee Richards was able to compete in women's pro tennis without an overabundance of complaints from the other women pros was because it wasn't that good. Had it been tearing up the circuit, I suspect the complaining would have grown exponentially.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.