Author Topic: John McCain's 4.72 million dollar home...president hopefuls cribs  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Lauri

greenbriar  Thu Feb-07-08 11:44 PM
Original message
John McCain's 4.72 million dollar home...president hopefuls cribs

Advertisements [?]
http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/104381/Pre... ;_ylt=AhHqzbE99CciNzGdyhxsHka7YWsA

Home values give small glimpse of how candidates live

Each candidate running for president hopes to be moving his or her belongings into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue next year. For now, however, a look at their current digs gives voters a small glimpse of how these people lead their lives -- before one of them leads the country.

Currently, Hillary Clinton's home is a five-bedroom, four-bathroom, $1.7 million house in Chappaqua, N.Y., while Barack Obama owns a $1.65 million Georgian revival home in Chicago's Kenwood neighborhood, located on the city's South Side.

John McCain's home is a $4.72 million luxury condo near Biltmore Fashion Park in Phoenix and Mitt Romney owns a $1.77 million home in Belmont, Mass. Meanwhile, Mike Huckabee is making do with a $540,000 home in North Little Rock, Ark.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2833267

frazzled  Thu Feb-07-08 11:54 PM
Response to Original message
3. Are these current values or purchase prices?

I doubt Mitt's home is currently valued at $1.77 million, but I could be wrong.

In the end, however, I will be amused to see how many DUers will tsk tsk at McCain's home price after defending to the death John Edwards's lavish home.

this one just started.. 

Offline jukin

Re: John McCain's 4.72 million dollar home...president hopefuls cribs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 10:08:32 AM »
If I were a DUmmy (& thank god I'm not) I would not open this can of worms.  The truth is that the democrats in government are far more wealthy than the republicans.  However, reality and a Dumpmonkey never the two shall meet.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 10:11:30 AM »
No mention of Silky Pony's place? I guess he doesn't count anymore since he's not in the race.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 10:24:21 AM »
defendandprotect  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-08-08 01:09 AM
Response to Original message
15. Congressional salaries should be linked to worker's salaries ---and
voters should have some control over the increases ---

Their salaries have skyrocketed in the past 15 or 20 years ---

In fact, former Rep. Patricia Schroeder/? tells the story that Speaker Tip O'Neil
and Rep. Dick Gephardt decided together NOT TO OPPOSE the relection of Rep. New Gringrich . . .
BECAUSE GINGRICH FAVORED A SALARY INCREASE FOR CONGRESS!!!!

Voters do have control over it, DUmbass.  It's called representative government.  You vote them in and live with their decisions.  If you don't like the decisions, vote them OUT.   
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 10:25:57 AM by Lord Undies »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 10:30:48 AM »
Such fools. Do they not realize just who exactly tends to run for office? With the exception of a few, it's generally wealthy people with connections. Otherwise, they wouldn't stand a chance of running a successful campaign and winning a seat in Washington. And not to defend Congress, but they are required to maintain essentially two residences. It's not exactly a poor man's game.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle