Author Topic: Tornado Reported in NW Arkansas, 3 Dead  (Read 1111 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Tornado Reported in NW Arkansas, 3 Dead
« on: December 31, 2010, 09:22:32 AM »
Emergency workers in Washington County, Arkansas have confirmed three people are dead after a possible tornado touchdown in the small town of Cincinnati in northwestern Arkansas.

The emergency workers are working to free several people trapped in buildings hit by the storm.
Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport is closed now because of debris on the runway.

The initial report is that a brick home, a mobile home and a barn have been destroyed. Local reports say a weather service crew is headed to the scene to investigate.

A line of storms that passed through Oklahoma early Friday is rapidly moving into northwest Arkansas and southwest Missouri and the weather service has issued a handful of tornado warnings in the area.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/31/tornado-reported-nw-arkansas-dead/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Tornado Reported in NW Arkansas, 3 Dead
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:06:25 AM »
Those poor people.  :(

I hate, hate, hate these severe winter storms!! Nobody expects them this time of year, and I don't think people pay as much attention to the possility of them in the winter. They pay attention to snow/ice warnings, but no one expects the thunderstorm/tornado and people aren't watching the tv as much to get the warnings/

We've had several between Thanksgiving and late January, over the last 10yrs or so go through the surrounding area, and not only is the destruction severe...but soemone dies.  :(  The most severe ones, have had little to no "pre-warning" ...the tornadoes were just suddenly there and on the ground, with the tv weather guys saying they were on doppler almost at the same time.

This huge storm front is headed our way. High wind warnings have already been issued for the mountains which still have people "trapped" up in chalets in the high elevations from the Christmas storm, then the rain that turned to ice up there yesterday. Heavy rain - up to 2inches - and thunderstorms are supposed to come in tomorrow afternoon. Temps are supposed to be up near 60 today, in front of the storm. Not a good combination.

Everyone in the path of this storm....please, please listen for the storm warnings.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline longview

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 10:33:03 AM »
That's terrible.  I agree, debk, those kind of storms just aren't expected this time of year.  Prayer up for those who lost loved ones or suffered damage to their property.

Four years ago, I was working in Spartanburg, SC and living in Boiling Springs.  On New Years Eve, just before midnight a neighbor came over and told us a funnel cloud was coming overhead (She was in a mobile home, wanted in a house and saw my lights on).  We peeked out in time to see it.  For a Wyoming gal, it was quite a surprise.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:02:57 AM »
That's terrible.  I agree, debk, those kind of storms just aren't expected this time of year.  Prayer up for those who lost loved ones or suffered damage to their property.

Four years ago, I was working in Spartanburg, SC and living in Boiling Springs.  On New Years Eve, just before midnight a neighbor came over and told us a funnel cloud was coming overhead (She was in a mobile home, wanted in a house and saw my lights on).  We peeked out in time to see it.  For a Wyoming gal, it was quite a surprise.

Spartanburg is about 3hrs or so east of me on the other side of the mountains.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 12:15:36 PM »
Brushed by me just barely.  Can't really move the house out of the way, I may live in the Ozarks but my home is not mobile.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 07:03:06 PM »
Just called a friend in Pearl, Ms. He couldn't talk. He was lighting candles because he lost power due to an unconfirmed tornado. Lord, please keep this shit away from the AUG.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 08:45:30 PM »
I wish these people all the best, this is a terrible thing to happen. I don't know anyone there but still.

Offline longview

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 09:04:21 PM »
Spartanburg is about 3hrs or so east of me on the other side of the mountains.

Then you live in very pretty country with many very nice people!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 09:16:49 AM »
Then you live in very pretty country with many very nice people!

Yes I do. It has it's faults, just as anywhere does, but all in all, it was a good place to raise my kids.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 09:22:06 AM »
West TN's tornado watch was just lifted at 10.

Our weather guy said that though the high wind warnings up in the mountains are still in effect, the storm is calming down. We've had a lot of rain, and some very loud thunder earlier this morning. There's still quite a bit of rain between Nashville and here, and our temps are still in the mid-50's, but he said it looks like the bad stuff is over with for our area.

Hope it doesn't reenergize as it moves east, and the temps warm up through the day.  :(

Don't know if anyone has seen the pictures on tv of the damages in Missouri and Arkansas, but they are really awful. Sending prayers for the people in the affected area.