Author Topic: Do not buy LG Tromm fnt ldr washer & dryer or Miele Platinum Plus dishwasher  (Read 41120 times)

Offline Teri

• Banned
FYI....They are crap!  Just had to order a pump that cost over 513.00 for the Miele dishwasher that's only about five years old.  The LG Tromm front loader washer and dryer have cheap parts that fail often.  Good thing the hub knows how to replace the dryer rollers...we had to do that once with the dryer and the cheap plastic pump and parts on the washer have failed twice already he's had to replace.  And why they put the drain on the very bottom of the washer is stupid.  When the pump failed, I had to use a cookie sheet to collect the water because the tube they provide to drain it is only like two inches long!   

Oh they looked so sexy in all of their stainless shine when we first bought them, but I'd give anything to have back my old Sears Kenmore dishwasher that lasted over sixteen years until it rusted out so bad I had to replace it, but the darn thing still washed dishes good.

I'm of the opinion that sexy, fancy and expensive is not always the best.  Believe it or not...I also have an old Sears Kenmore washer and dryer in the basement I used for really dirty stuff that I don't want to put into my front loader and they are over twenty five years old and still washing clothes without a problem.

Don't even ask me about vacuums...  I've had them all...Rainbow, Kirby, Dyson...  Rainbow's water reservoir is too messy and heavy, Kirby is too heavy, Dyson won't pick up deep down dirt in carpets.  I've settled for a Sears Kenmore canister vac that has everything, lightweight and sucks up everything really well. 

I just have a really hard time with appliances, but I'm learning a valuable lesson...expensive fancy name brand is not always the best. 

I have been very happy with my Bosh stove though.  Gas cook top with convection oven...best thing we bought yet.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
I am in the market for a new dishwasher.  Samsung is in the lead.  I like the Bosch's, but they aren't set up well. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Teri

• Banned
I am in the market for a new dishwasher.  Samsung is in the lead.  I like the Bosch's, but they aren't set up well. 

The hub said something about the Bosh dishwashers that he'd read they have a good rating too.  We bought a huge French door Samsung fridge with the freezer in the bottom.  I love it too, but the ice maker sucks.  I have to stand there forever listening to that thing churn and churn and churn and then it spits out two skimpy cubes of ice. 

I think the thing that bothers me the most is the money we spend on this stuff only to be disappointed.  I'm at the point of buying plain simple low cost stuff that if something goes wrong...toss it out and buy another one...

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

I did some research going on 5 years ago now, but the Kenmore stood on top at the time. The reviews I read, (Consumer Report, Consumer Digest, and a couple others I can't remember now) gave Kenmore top marks for quiet, dependability, ruggedness, and oh yeah, it gets the dishes clean.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline IassaFTots

The hub said something about the Bosh dishwashers that he'd read they have a good rating too.  We bought a huge French door Samsung fridge with the freezer in the bottom.  I love it too, but the ice maker sucks.  I have to stand there forever listening to that thing churn and churn and churn and then it spits out two skimpy cubes of ice. 

I think the thing that bothers me the most is the money we spend on this stuff only to be disappointed.  I'm at the point of buying plain simple low cost stuff that if something goes wrong...toss it out and buy another one...

Check out the Bosch in the store, my boyfriend had one, before he moved.  It was a great machine, but the lower rack is set up really wierd and it is hard to get all of your stuff in there.  I think I have the same fridge you do.  I know what you mean about the ice machine.  I don't use it much, because I rarely use ice, but when I do, I have certainly noticed it.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

Yup. The more bells and whistles you buy, the more problems you'll eventually have. Good health is only  temporary.

Offline IassaFTots

I did some research going on 5 years ago now, but the Kenmore stood on top at the time. The reviews I read, (Consumer Report, Consumer Digest, and a couple others I can't remember now) gave Kenmore top marks for quiet, dependability, ruggedness, and oh yeah, it gets the dishes clean.

I can't do Kenmore.  I have had more than my fair share of issues with Kenmore, and Sears lately.  After the last one, I declared them dead to me.  

It's a personal thing.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I can't do Kenmore.  I have had more than my fair share of issues with Kenmore, and Sears lately.  After the last one, I declared them dead to me.  

It's a personal thing.

Wow, that's like you, uh, DISOWNED them or something!

Sears is just about ready to go belly up anyway. They and a few other retailers like the Gap and some of those other yuppie stores.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty

We bought a Whirlpool. Not sure of the model, but ran just under $400. So far it's the best one we've had. Quiet, I mean really quiet, washes very well, but like the Bosch, odd set up with the racking. We got it at Best Buy.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline IassaFTots

Wow, that's like you, uh, DISOWNED them or something!

Sears is just about ready to go belly up anyway. They and a few other retailers like the Gap and some of those other yuppie stores.

Yes, and their repair service sucks too. 

Offline IassaFTots

We bought a Whirlpool. Not sure of the model, but ran just under $400. So far it's the best one we've had. Quiet, I mean really quiet, washes very well, but like the Bosch, odd set up with the racking. We got it at Best Buy.

Racking is very important to me.   ::)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Yup. The more bells and whistles you buy, the more problems you'll eventually have. Good health is only  temporary.

Yep, I worked for Sears many, many moons ago and found the best buy was always a "middle of the line" model.........but back then they had a number of manufacturers.

The "made in America" manufacturer was the better one, but Sears would tell the manufacturer what Sears wanted to spend on a machine. If the manufacturer could not meet the price range the manufacturer either made crap or didn't sell to Sears and some times went out of business.  

So if a particular machine manufacturer has a number of models I'll take the next to the top model. The "top model" is outfitted with bells and whistles that rake in the profits.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Racking is very important to me.   ::)

It's rack leaves much to be desired.

:tongue:

Honestly, the racks are......odd. I think they did it to reduce the number of dishes you can load in the machine.

It got 4.6 out of 5 stars and that was the only real complaint about the unit.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline IassaFTots

It's rack leaves much to be desired.

:tongue:

Honestly, the racks are......odd. I think they did it to reduce the number of dishes you can load in the machine.

It got 4.6 out of 5 stars and that was the only real complaint about the unit.

So you have to use more water!  ACK!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
My in-laws HATE all of their Bosch appliances.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
My in-laws HATE all of their Bosch appliances.
"Bosch" is German for 'costs way too much'.

I got quoted $100 for a set of 20-year-old BMW sparkplug wires.  That's when you know they're trying to rip you off.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Dori

It's a personal thing.

I've had Kenmore appliances most of my adult life that had long life spans and without repair problems.   I can't attest to them now, but I honestly believe most appliances are no longer built to last.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Teri

• Banned
Check out the Bosch in the store, my boyfriend had one, before he moved.  It was a great machine, but the lower rack is set up really wierd and it is hard to get all of your stuff in there.  I think I have the same fridge you do.  I know what you mean about the ice machine.  I don't use it much, because I rarely use ice, but when I do, I have certainly noticed it.

You know...that's the thing, this Miele is wonderful...when it works that is...I love the way the racks are set up.  It has an entire upper rack dedicated to just silverware and utensils that you can really load up and everything gets clean.  Love the sanitary cycle too...it's a really long cycle but you can be sure there's no bugs on those dishes when they're done.  

I called the Miele guy last night at Meile and he walked me through some steps to try and get it going again and it worked.  He said it sounds like we have a defective pump...it's leaking and the coil is possibly bad too.  Unfortunately, it's out of warranty, so we're looking at 513.00 incl tax for the pump, then labor about another 200.00 to put it in and for just a little more money, we know we could buy a brand new machine, installed with warranty for about the same price.

So I called the shop back this morning and asked her if they ordered the part yet and she said no.  She said she could credit my card back the money with no problem.  If I go back to the same place that we've purchased all of our appliances at...we can probably get a little break on another deal with a brand new dishwasher.  I'm really sucking up to them and being real nice in hopes that my charisma and charm might solicit few more bucks in our pockets and give us a brand new dishwasher.  

I have these dishpan hands that I haven't had for decades...I do miss the dishwasher.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:51:39 AM by Teri »

Offline Teri

• Banned

I would really like a Kenmore again if their quality is still up to the same standards it was decades ago.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate my old Kenmore washer and dryer that simply won't quit!  I have them in the basement still and still use them often.  I have my front loaders upstairs that I use for most of the laundry.  I just won't give up my old Kenmores in the basement...I'm afraid too!  I've already had to use them several times when these fancy front loaders quit on me and they're only about 7 years old as opposed to my 20 plus year old Kenmores in the basement. 

Offline Teri

• Banned
Here's a pic of my fridge and front loaders.  We had that entire wall put in the kitchen that's packed with plumbing and electrical to accommodate the huge fridge and the front loaders.  I have been so disappointed with these appliances.  The fridge is great except for the ice maker that really sucks.  I guess you can't have everything.

This pull out drawer is great...I can fit everything in this fridge.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:25:34 AM by Teri »

Offline IassaFTots

My Fridge is the one door model, and no water, but other than that, and the fact that it is black, it is the same.

Offline Teri

• Banned
My Fridge is the one door model, and no water, but other than that, and the fact that it is black, it is the same.

What I do like about this fridge is that the freezer is on the bottom and it's large.  That way, I can see everything when I need something.  It has the filtered water dispenser along with the ice maker all in one.  You just have to press the option for whatever you want.  So far that's working fine...*shutter*...  I have to say all in all that the Samsung is a good buy and hasn't given us any problems other than a sluggish ice maker. 

Offline Dori

I have that same fridge with the freezer on the bottom.  Personally, I liked the side by side two door better.  It was easier for me to know what I had on hand.  I lose things in this one.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Teri

• Banned
I have that same fridge with the freezer on the bottom.  Personally, I liked the side by side two door better.  It was easier for me to know what I had on hand.  I lose things in this one.

Never had a side by side, only the single door fridges before this one.  Sometimes it is a pain to find things shoved way in the back on the top shelf, so I try to keep stuff that I don't use that often up there because it's hard for me to reach up and back there. I do like the bright light in this one, at least I can look underneath the upper shelf to see where everything is.  Someday when I don't have as many people to feed, I'll get a much smaller fridge if this one goes south. 

We also put an upright freezer in the kitchen where the old fridge used to fit into the old slot that the new fridge wouldn't fit in.  I only use the bottom freezer in the fridge for stuff that I use on a daily basis and rotate the meat and stored freezer goods from the upright freezer to the fridge freezer as I need them. 

I moved everything upstairs after I broke my ankle that's never healed quite right.  I really hurt to use the stairs so much on that ankle, now I've got everything on the same floor that I need.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa

That applies to home appliances, TVs, autos, telephones and all sorts of stuff.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA