Author Topic: On healthcare why not have a national vote  (Read 466 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
On healthcare why not have a national vote
« on: August 30, 2009, 04:42:49 PM »
lefthandedlefty  (175 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-30-09 05:10 PM
Original message

Why not let us the people decide what we want.We could choose single payer,public option,status quo or vote to elimnate health insurance altogether.Don`t do it like the primaries either let all 50 states vote the same day and only use voting machines that leave a paper trail.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6426234

Good idea DUmmy only afterward you would piss and moan that most Americans voted against their own best interest then still try to cram this down our throats. Just like all the stunts y'all pulled in California over gay rights.

bluestateguy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-30-09 05:14 PM
Response to Original message
1. I would not mind having referendums in this country

but not for issues like gay marriage (not until the old folks die off anyway) or prayer in the schools.

Ahh so democracy is only good if you believe the majority thinks like you do.
 :whatever:

Selatius  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-30-09 05:32 PM
Response to Reply #3
8. Referendums in and of themselves aren't bad. California simply screwed up.

When their state constitution was written, they wrote it in such a fashion that a referendum would only require a simple majority to pass a constitutional amendment. That's insanity.

That is a democracy. Oddly enough that is why we are a republic.  :-)

muffin1  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-30-09 05:20 PM
Response to Original message
4. We already voted for the one who was offering health care.

Our side won by a large margin. We own both the House and the Senate.
Let's get this shit done.
If the rest of the country doesn't like it, too bad. I don't remember the repukes caring about us not wanting to be in Iraq.

Screw 'em.

So next year when you lose by a large margin can we claim that people voted for conservatism?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: On healthcare why not have a national vote
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 04:47:27 PM »
They only believe in democracy when it is convenient

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 04:48:53 PM »
I love how the DUmmies show their total ignorance in the US government. It is called mob rule and the founding fathers were dead set against it DUmmies.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »
They only believe in democracy when it is convenient

Yep and they admitted it too. Blatantly.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »
lefthandedlefty  (175 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-30-09 05:10 PM
Original message
I'm all for it......so long as everyone who votes 'no' can opt out, both physically AND financially.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 06:04:02 PM »
lefthandedlefty  (175 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-30-09 05:10 PM
Original message

Why not let us the people decide what we want.We could choose single payer,public option,status quo or vote to elimnate health insurance altogether.Don`t do it like the primaries either let all 50 states vote the same day and only use voting machines that leave a paper trail.

How about as part of that vote a cap on malpractice awards and a loser pays clause?

Bet you idiots wouldn`t care much for pure democracy anymore would ya. :bird: