Author Topic: How to make fake tilt-shift photos  (Read 2967 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
How to make fake tilt-shift photos
« on: July 03, 2009, 08:04:34 AM »

We recently published a popular gallery of tilt-shift photographs of London. To create real tilt-shift photos, you need to buy a special lens which can cost over £1,000. But here we’ll show you how to make fake tilt-shift pictures – like all the ones in this gallery – that won't cost you a penny ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/5686000/How-to-make-fake-tilt-shift-photos.html

Offline thundley4

Re: How to make fake tilt-shift photos
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:41:24 AM »
Here's a tutorial on making tilt shift pics using photoshop.  I haven't tried it, I'm not familiar with Photoshop except for cropping.

http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/photoshop-tutorial.php

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 09:49:49 AM »
Here's a tutorial on making tilt shift pics using photoshop.  I haven't tried it, I'm not familiar with Photoshop except for cropping.

http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/photoshop-tutorial.php
Thanks for adding that. I had not heard of this until recently and am hoping to try it out.

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:13:06 AM »
I've used the process in Photoshop and it's cool.  It's simple and fast, and it really does give the impression you're looking at a toy landscape.

Here's the one I did with about the only image I had that it would work on just to learn the process.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:15:33 AM by Full-Auto »


Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 10:24:17 AM »
I've used the process in Photoshop and it's cool.  It's simple and fast, and it really does give the impression you're looking at a toy landscape.
Here's the one I did with about the only image I had that it would work on just to learn the process.

I was trying to figure out what the purpose of this technique was............ :thatsright:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.