Author Topic: Reggie Bush gives back 2005 Heisman Trophy  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Reggie Bush gives back 2005 Heisman Trophy
« on: September 14, 2010, 05:49:41 PM »
Remorseful Saints RB Bush gives back 2005 Heisman Trophy

After months of speculation as to whether New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush  would be asked to give back the 2005 Heisman Trophy, the former Southern Cal star made the decision himself Tuesday afternoon, saying he has decided "to forfeit my title as Heisman winner of 2005" in a statement released by the Saints.

The Heisman Trophy Trust denied a report last week  saying the organization already had decided to take away the trophy because of Bush's implication in the NCAA's investigation of USC's football program.

Bush was at the center of an investigation that led to the school receiving NCAA sanctions that banned its football team from bowl games for this and next season and reduced its scholarships by 30. USC also forfeited 14 victories in which Bush played during the 2004 and 2005 seasons, and the school could lose its 2004 BCS national championship. Bush received cash and benefits from a sports marketer while at USC.
NFL.com
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
Re: Reggie Bush gives back 2005 Heisman Trophy
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 05:56:57 PM »
NFL.com

Good, now give it to Vince Young.

Hook em!!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 06:48:54 PM »
Heisman committee has already stated that year will officially go "vacant".

But, IMHO, this is a VERY bad precedent to set.  Why not take away OJ's?  And do you think for one effin SECOND that Herschel Walker, Bo Jackson, and a whole host of other Heisman winners weren't getting some kind of "bennies" from so-called "agents" when they were playing?

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:30:10 PM »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ConservativeJoeG

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 09:33:16 AM »
I think this is a bit extreme.  Regardless of his off the field shortcomings, he earned the Heisman with his play on the field.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 10:25:22 AM »
I think this is a bit extreme.  Regardless of his off the field shortcomings, he earned the Heisman with his play on the field.

I honestly don't have a dog in this fight whatsoever, not giving a tinker's damn about the Heisman Trophy to begin with, but don't you see the value in being a role model for others?

You don't see a parallel with behavior on the field as well as off the field?

Seems to me you can get just about any thug to knock the crap out of another guy on the field and do it legally and brilliantly, qualifying for some kind of sports award, but when you get that same thug to exhibit honorable behaviors off the field versus carrying a gun into a bar or getting arrested for DUI, that person just might stand out a bit more.

He might not even qualify as a thug anymore.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.