Author Topic: Football dispute leaves 2 dead (Bama 27 LSU 21 LSU fans -1 Bama fan 15-25 yrs)  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

Investigators said alcohol was believed to have been a factor in the killings -- ya think? :whatever:

Football dispute leaves 2 dead

An Escambia County couple died Saturday after an argument over the Alabama/LSU football game ended in shotgun blasts, according to Conecuh County authorities.

District Attorney Tommy Chapman identified the people killed as Dennis and Donna Smith of Appleton Road near Brewton.

The shooting allegedly occurred about 7 p.m. at the home of Michael Williams near the Owassa community in Conecuh County, Chapman said.

Williams was arrested, Chapman said, and charged with two counts of murder.

Dispatchers at the Conecuh County Sheriff's Office declined to comment about the case.

Investigators said witnesses told them that Dennis Smith, an LSU fan, called Williams, a fan of the Crimson Tide, after the game Saturday evening and an argument ensued.

Officers said Donna Smith was a relative of Michael Williams' girlfriend.

Soon, the Smiths arrived at Williams' home and the men wound up in a physical altercation, officers said.

Smith retrieved a pistol from his vehicle, and threatened Williams, who armed himself with a shotgun and fired two blasts, striking and killing Dennis Smith, officers said.

Donna Smith then threatened Williams, who shot and killed the woman, they said.

Investigators said alcohol was believed to have been a factor in the killings, and the investigation was ongoing late Sunday.

More

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
I seem to recall a similar incident after the Clemson/ South Carolina game a few years ago. Talk about taking it too far.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Wretched Excess

I seem to recall a similar incident after the Clemson/ South Carolina game a few years ago. Talk about taking it too far.

a dodgers fan capped a jints fan in the parking lot at chavez ravine a couple of years ago;  but that was perfectly understandable. :tongue:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
a dodgers fan capped a jints fan in the parking lot at chavez ravine a couple of years ago;  but that was perfectly understandable. :tongue:
I didn't know there were any dodgers fans still around.   :fuelfire: :tongue:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

I didn't know there were any dodgers fans still around.   :fuelfire: :tongue:

stop it.  yer killin' me. :whatever: :-)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Sounds like an normal Satuday in SEC country during the fall.  If you aren't willing to die for your team, you aren't really a fan.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
That's how we roll in our house, baby.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
Sounds like an normal Satuday in SEC country during the fall.  If you aren't willing to die for your team, you aren't really a fan.

Damn, I just noticed. We're gonna wind up beating both of your teams' asses.  :nutkick:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Damn, I just noticed. We're gonna wind up beating both of your teams' asses.  :nutkick:

Yeah, Ole Miss did OK this year.  We'll see if Nutt can keep things going.  You've run out of Mannings to recruit for the time being.  Maybe Jake Gibbs has a grandkid.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
Yeah, Ole Miss did OK this year.  We'll see if Nutt can keep things going.  You've run out of Mannings to recruit for the time being.  Maybe Jake Gibbs has a grandkid.

Snead's doing pretty well in the SEC to be so young.

Offline Lacarnut

With friends like these turkey's, you do not need any enemies.