Author Topic: Wednesday...wow!  (Read 6258 times)

Offline Flame

Wednesday...wow!
« on: January 23, 2008, 08:12:25 AM »
This week is ALL messed up for me.  I feel like it's Monday!! 

Gonna spend my day picking kids up at varying intervals...yipppee  :whatever: 

Not looking forward to tomorrow...Mr Flame has to be in DC for a meeting at 8...which means he needs to leave his office here at 5:30...which means I have to take the big kids to school in the morning, and get up WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY too early!

On the bright side, it's warming up a bit outside, and the sun is shining!

TOTD: Let's be happy today...give us some "wows" in your life right now!

Offline jtyangel

Re: Wednesday...wow!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »
What a busy day you have planned, Flame. I'm nursing a headache right now so I can get moving on a LOT of stuff I need to do.

TOTD: This will sound pitiful, but I don't have one single wow at the moment, I'm afraid.

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:02:47 AM »
(((HUGZ Jetty)))  Hope all is well hon.

TOTD: I'm beta testing a TomTom GPS system for a marketing company.  Straight out of the box easy to operate.  The true test comes later today when I hit the open road with it!  LOL! (oh, and WOW!)  :hyper:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 09:13:46 AM »
(((HUGZ Jetty)))  Hope all is well hon.

TOTD: I'm beta testing a TomTom GPS system for a marketing company.  Straight out of the box easy to operate.  The true test comes later today when I hit the open road with it!  LOL! (oh, and WOW!)  :hyper:

That's awesome, DD. And don't mind me, I woke up with a bad migraine so it is coloring my day.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 09:45:47 AM »
give you some wows?

we are spending almost 2 grand on a 'kid's living room' so the hubby and i can enjoy our media room in peace. PBTeen furniture (with a bit of Pier One thrown in)  which has taken me almost a year to plan and create..

the trick is keeping it fun for an 8 year old and her pals as well as a 22 year old and her constant boyfriend who comes to visit...

i think i did it  ... it all starts arriving next week :popcorn:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:46:09 AM »
It is sunny here and about 10 degrees warmer here, so that helps.

I'm taking the baby for her 9 month pictures today, and that is about it.

TOTD: I'm in a foul mood, pretty much  :badmood:, but your heart is in the right place Flame .
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 09:55:16 AM »
give you some wows?

we are spending almost 2 grand on a 'kid's living room' so the hubby and i can enjoy our media room in peace. PBTeen furniture (with a bit of Pier One thrown in)  which has taken me almost a year to plan and create..

the trick is keeping it fun for an 8 year old and her pals as well as a 22 year old and her constant boyfriend who comes to visit...

You do realize we need pictures after this little teaser :p :-)

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 10:07:19 AM »
Morning. I got my wisdom tooth pulled last Friday and it still hurts like a bitch. Not in a great mood, trying to get my at home daycare up and running but two moms canceled on me in the past few days saying they found other sitters. I am getting discourged. I am making a few candles today to cheer me up.

TOTD: Not a big "wow" by most people's standards but my 10 month old daughter is feeding herself Cheerios. I think she is genius.  :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 10:14:21 AM »
Just sitting here, in between classes.  I haven't been able to keep any food down, for some reason.   :bawl:  So I'll be heading to the campus clinic.  I hope it's just a 24 hour bug of some kind.    All I can handle right now is Sprite. :(

TOTD: Any wow moments?  Well, I finally figured how to remove the pre-loaded crappy music from my Zune.  Wow, didn't realize Microsoft had such bad taste in music.  LOL
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 10:26:35 AM »
Is that what day it is today?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 10:40:46 AM »
TOTD: I got my taxes done!!! I'm just happy to cross that off my to do list.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 10:45:01 AM »
Wow. . .I have ALOT of crap. And I've only packed about 30% of it. I seriously have to make some moves if I wanna go camping with my friends before I move.

*TKay*

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 11:07:37 AM »

I've got a big wow- my hubby and I ordered a new bed last weekend....KING SIZE (so there's finally way enough room for us, along with the two kids, 2 dogs, and 4 cats). Super-Ultra pillow top, sooooooo comfy.....to be delivered tomorrow.

I can't wait!! It's pure heaven.  :hyper:
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 11:10:15 AM »
I got my daughter to go to school today.  I feel a little guilty because I think she is still sick.  She still has a cough and a low grade fever of 99.6.  I screwed up my sewing machine on Monday by sewing through a presser foot called a "little foot".  It is a plastic foot you use when piecing quilt tops that help you make a perfect 1/4" seam.  The needle went straight through the foot (I had forgot I had the foot on and set it to do a zig zag stitch  :whatever: )   For those of you who are curious what a "Little Foot" looks like, I will post a picture.   :-)

I took it into the sewing machine shop yesterday and wont get it back until Friday.  I had planned on starting a new quilt today.   :bawl:  My house is clean so I can't do that, I am doing laundry but I'm always doing laundry.  *sigh*  I'm bored.

TOTD:  Hmmm something Wow....I ordered new window treatments for my breakfast area, family room and dining room back in December before Christmas.  They called last week to clarify something on the dining room curtains and told me they would be calling soon to schedule an installment date and time.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 11:11:07 AM »

I've got a big wow- my hubby and I ordered a new bed last weekend....KING SIZE (so there's finally way enough room for us, along with the two kids, 2 dogs, and 4 cats). Super-Ultra pillow top, sooooooo comfy.....to be delivered tomorrow.

I can't wait!! It's pure heaven.  :hyper:

I'm jealous, we have a queen. 

Offline Lauri

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 11:14:43 AM »
give you some wows?

You do realize we need pictures after this little teaser :p :-)

i will try and get some together... its a smallish room... we are contemplating cork on one entire wall for all her 'artwork' she likes to put up...  but we are still thinking about it.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 11:16:55 AM »
TOTD: I got my taxes done!!! I'm just happy to cross that off my to do list.

egads... i dont want to do ours next month.

but weirdly, our mortgage company sent us an email and said "download your year end info from here" and didnt send us anything on paper...

i find that kind of odd, when we get at least one piece of mail from them every week about refinancing... which we arent doing.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 05:15:22 PM »
Surgery tomorrow.  The damn hospital waited until the last f**king minute to call me and tell me to be there tomorrow at noon.  The doctor DOING the surgery never even picked up the phone.  ****.

At least I have the next two days off from work.  Not that I'll get anything done.  I have to find a medical pharmacy and find one of those donut pillows with a hole in them that invalids and perverts use.  I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do with it after I'm done. 

TOTD:  My life is miserable right now.  I guess the only good thing about it right now... I don't have diarrhea.  That's the only way things could be worse.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 05:17:52 PM by Chris »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 05:22:51 PM »
TOTD: It never felt so good to feel so accepted...

And the spacebags REALLY work! :-) I got the closet cleared out and I have 2 drawers left.

*TKay*

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »
Surgery tomorrow.  The damn hospital waited until the last f**king minute to call me and tell me to be there tomorrow at noon.  The doctor DOING the surgery never even picked up the phone.  ****.

At least I have the next two days off from work.  Not that I'll get anything done.  I have to find a medical pharmacy and find one of those donut pillows with a hole in them that invalids and perverts use.  I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do with it after I'm done. 

TOTD:  My life is miserable right now.  I guess the only good thing about it right now... I don't have diarrhea.  That's the only way things could be worse.

LAST MINUTE?!  :o :(

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 05:24:19 PM »

OK I SWEAR this is the honest to god truth.  When I had my 3rd child, my Mom, my husband and I saw a woman wearing one of those donut pillows ON HER HEAD when we were leaving the hospital.  She looked like a bag lady. I always wondered if she found it in a dumpster or if she wore it on her head "just in case" she might need it.

Sorry your life is miserable right now.   :(

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 05:36:51 PM »
TOTD: It never felt so good to feel so accepted...

And the spacebags REALLY work! :-) I got the closet cleared out and I have 2 drawers left.

*TKay*

I'm cheap... I used trash bags and rubber bands.   :p

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »

I didn't find out until 4:00 after I got out of work.  I checked my VM at lunch, so they called between noon and four.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 05:41:11 PM »

I didn't find out until 4:00 after I got out of work.  I checked my VM at lunch, so they called between noon and four.

Ugh, that's just insane!   But it happens sometimes, I guess.  *sighs*  :(

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »
TOTD:  My life is miserable right now.  I guess the only good thing about it right now... I don't have diarrhea.

I'm sorry hon.  ((((HUGZ))) 
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

psstttt ... I couldn't help but laugh (with you) at the above quote.