Author Topic: 2nd Presidential Debate Thread  (Read 14515 times)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: 2nd Presidential Debate Thread
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2012, 01:23:06 PM »
In the words of Sarah Palin "you betcha"!

Sorry that I can't keep up with DU, but Twitter moves so fast I can hardly read any of the DU posts.

For myself, I prefer the twitter updates. Thanks. Very good work. ^5
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »
The DUmmies live in a bubble of their own making.  There are countless threads proclaiming Obama won by a knockout and numerous other threads talking about Romney's "gaffe" on Libya. 

They must not have seen that Crowley has admitted she was wrong about Obama calling the embassy attack an act of terrorism.

I am sure they know. They are just ignoring it and living in their own fantasy world. That world will come crumbling down on November 6th. I can not wait to see it.

Offline Karin

« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »
I think they're going to stay firmly entrenched in that bubble.  You couldn't blast em out with dynamite. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2012, 03:17:40 PM »
For myself, I prefer the twitter updates. Thanks. Very good work. ^5

Thanks!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »
Now we get reason number-xx, for blaming "the movie" for Benghazi.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/presidential-debate-libya-questioner-says-obama-didnt-answer/2012/10/17/7109898e-1867-11e2-a55c-39408fbe6a4b_blog.html
>snip<
President Obama, though, wasn’t done with Kerry Ladka. “After the debate, the president came over to me and spent about two minutes with me privately,” says the 61-year-old Ladka, who works at Global Telecom Supply in Mineola, N.Y. According to Ladka, Obama gave him ”more information about why he delayed calling the attack a terorist attack.” For background, Obama did apparently lump Benghazi into a reference to “acts of terror” in a Sept. 12 Rose Garden address. However, he spent about two weeks holding off on using the full “terrorist” designation. The rationale for the delay, Obama explained to Ladka, was to make sure that the “intelligence he was acting on was real intelligence and not disinformation,” recalls Ladka.

As to Ladka’s question about who turned down the Benghazi security requests and why, Obama reportedly told him that “releasing the individual names of anyone in the State Department would really put them at risk,” Ladka says.
>snip<
Tomorrow there will be another.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »
After watching the debate and comparing the DUmp's reaction to specific instances it appears that for a "informed" voting bloc they really don't have a clue.

They cheer anything disrespectful, yet are up in arms if Romney asks the President not interupt during his response.

They mistake style for substance and rhetoric for an actual plan.

They couldn't stand the moderator until it was evident she was serving up softballs to the President.

The DUmmies remind me of a petulant child, they don't want anyone to tell them what to do as they say they can take care of themselves, yet at the first sign of trouble scream that there isn't a safety net to prevent their own stupidity from having lasting negative consequences.

I'm a firm believer that what ever the DUmbasses assert to be the truth, it is in fact just the opposite.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2012, 05:17:37 PM »
I'm a firm believer that what ever the DUmbasses assert to be the truth, it is in fact just the opposite.

That's always always always an eminently reasonable assumption.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »

The DUmmies remind me of a petulant child, they don't want anyone to tell them what to do as they say they can take care of themselves, yet at the first sign of trouble scream that there isn't a safety net to prevent their own stupidity from having lasting negative consequences.

That's exactly what they are.  An adolescent mindset that refuses to accept any reality that conflicts with "gimme", "help me" or "do it for me."  Mommy and Daddy have simply been replaced with nanny government.  Because, as we all know, it works so well in Europe. :whatever:

It is a pretty accurate indicator.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx