Author Topic: DUmmies in denial  (Read 13208 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: DUmmies in denial
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2011, 01:24:09 PM »
I experienced the same thing ~ never want to do that again.

In all my years of debating I never once did things that were done to me by the people who proclaim to be for peace love and tolerance, never even sent a PM deriding them for their opinion. I've always able to separate the opinion from the person, and yes I view their opinion as a kook delusional opinion and would express that to them, but never went after them on a personal level. Not all, but too many are intolerant beyond belief. 
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2011, 08:26:49 PM »
^ Sounds striking familliar to the person who blocked me on FB, because of my differing opinion. I would never do that, but alas; I am not a shallow dipshit who cannot take dissenting opionion in my life. That kind of thing pisses me off, but whatever. Saddens me that those kind of petty people exist, but what can I do about it? Nothing.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2011, 09:15:33 PM »
^ Sounds striking familliar to the person who blocked me on FB, because of my differing opinion. I would never do that, but alas; I am not a shallow dipshit who cannot take dissenting opionion in my life. That kind of thing pisses me off, but whatever. Saddens me that those kind of petty people exist, but what can I do about it? Nothing.

I cannot tell you the number of Facebook friends (some of whom I grew up with) who have un-friended me because of my conservative views and the things I post. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2011, 09:25:02 PM »

I cannot tell you the number of Facebook friends (some of whom I grew up with) who have un-friended me because of my conservative views and the things I post. 

I've lost a couple more in the past few weeks, but I'm not sure who.  That's what I don't like, the people that drop you without the courage to tell you about it.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2011, 09:26:33 PM »
I think I've chased off everyone that deserved to be chased off, or I'm more choosy about who I'm friends with.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2011, 09:31:06 PM »
I stay out of politics on FB I have some family that lean moonbat and some that make average moonbats look sane  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2011, 09:32:37 PM »

I'm lucky that most of my Family and Friends on FB are Conservative, but even the couple who are to the left haven't said a word politically, so it's basically just chatting that we do that doesn't involve politics.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2011, 09:33:40 PM »
I have many liberal friends on FB, and a couple of family members.  I don't talk politics on FB.  My people know where I stand, but they also know that I love them anyway, in spite of their apparent flaws, politically speaking.  :whatever:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2011, 10:03:15 PM »
Some of my friends, a lot of my family, and a few acquaintances talk politics, and many of them are politically flawed. The true definition of a person is whether they will like you, and stick by you no matter your political views. FB is a good test of that, actually. The person I referred to who de-friended me is not a really decent person, and a shit friend. I only mention her again, cause I'm still a bit miffed by the whole damn thing.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2011, 10:50:21 PM »
Some of my friends, a lot of my family, and a few acquaintances talk politics, and many of them are politically flawed. The true definition of a person is whether they will like you, and stick by you no matter your political views. FB is a good test of that, actually. The person I referred to who de-friended me is not a really decent person, and a shit friend. I only mention her again, cause I'm still a bit miffed by the whole damn thing.

So true.  My own aunt de-friended me because of an opinion I had.  Facebook is series.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2011, 11:02:23 PM »
I think I've chased off everyone that deserved to be chased off, or I'm more choosy about who I'm friends with.

It's pretty easy for me. Everyone knows I'm an asshole, so they either stay out of it ,or never asked to be my "friend" in the first place. I'm kinda the mark Levin of my family. They know if I call 'em a DemocRat, it's an insult of the highest order! hehehehehe!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2011, 11:50:54 PM »
It's pretty easy for me. Everyone knows I'm an asshole, so they either stay out of it ,or never asked to be my "friend" in the first place. I'm kinda the mark Levin of my family. They know if I call 'em a DemocRat, it's an insult of the highest order! hehehehehe!

You're on Facebook?  Let's be friends!  And I mean that in only the kindest way.  One of my FB friends tells it like it is and I've had other friends ask me to control him or ban him from my page.  I tell 'em no way. 

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2011, 07:59:22 AM »

You're on Facebook?  Let's be friends!  And I mean that in only the kindest way.  One of my FB friends tells it like it is and I've had other friends ask me to control him or ban him from my page.  I tell 'em no way.  

Although I refrain from posting political stuff on the FB, I have friends that don't mind going there.  I am sure some of them have offended my liberal friends, but I have not heard a peep out of them.  Not one.  I only deleted one person, because she went WAY moonbat in her postings, but I wasn't really friends with her.  Heck, I used to have both of my ex husbands friended on FB, but when #2 let his mom play on his FB to keep his castle ages up, and she started posting moonbat stuff, I got into it with her and she BANNED me.  LOL.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2011, 04:16:18 PM »
So true.  My own aunt de-friended me because of an opinion I had.  Facebook is series.

Wow...I hope that doesn't happen to me. Facebook may be ceral business, but Twitter, now that's SUPER cereal!!1!

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2011, 04:45:24 PM »
The Odoriferous One is apparently obsessed by this thread.  It's gotten over 1800 views and I know I've only looked at it 3 times.  Must be the background while he visits with Rosy (thank you dandi for that blast from the past).

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »
The Odoriferous One is apparently obsessed by this thread.  It's gotten over 1800 views and I know I've only looked at it 3 times.  Must be the background while he visits with Rosy (thank you dandi for that blast from the past).
And yet he won't post anywhere on CC to show up the razor sharp wit he has and school us in the ways of Obamaone Kenobi. Like I said before, if his brains were made of leather he couldn't saddle a flea.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »
Like I said before, if his brains were made of leather he couldn't saddle a flea.

Good one, sir.

Excellent.
apres moi, le deluge