Author Topic: Horse With No Brain Loses Job (Long Screed Alert)  (Read 11929 times)

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
Re: Horse With No Brain Loses Job (Long Screed Alert)
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2010, 08:39:37 AM »
My company has a very generous sick time policy, and they don't want us there if there is a chance we are contagious.  My boss has actually told me to go home if she thinks I don't look well.  Even so, when I was out with the Swine Flu last year, I e-mailed my boss and HR note with the doctor's diagnosis and the date he expected me to return to work.  If my doctor says he wants me to stay home, I always ask him to write me a note for work, and he has always been more than happy to.  I hardly think it is unreasonable to expect a doctor's note for extended absences, or for a person who misses a lot of work. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »
She LOVES writing in her journal.

Aha.

There, Ms. Ed says she's a nurse, which could be anything from a CNA to an RN.

But in her comments at campfires on Skins's island, Ms. Ed is always very careful to gently hint that she's an RN, without actually saying "RN."

Sort of like the way the Bostonian Drunkard wrote his autobiography for wikipedia, subtley suggesting he has a law degree, but not outright lying about it; a case of just wanting the reader to think he is.

Maybe she went to some community college at night, studying to become a CNA, and worked her way through as a keyboardist somewhere.

Remember, before Ms. Ed was fired, she alleged she made $24,000 a year.

I dunno; would $24,000 a year be in the range CNAs are paid?

Again, an RN is a pretty expensive commodity for a hospital or clinic; they aren't just thrown away like CNAs and keyboardists.  They have to do something pretty serious to lose their job.

Ms. Ed doesn't appear to be into illicit drugs, so unlike the defrocked warped primitive, it's unlikely Ms. Ed broke into any narcotics cabinet.  If Ms. Ed is in fact an RN, it had to be for some really serious professional misconduct.

Maybe Ms. Ed smothered to death a couple of infants in the nursery, seeing as how she hates infants so much.  Or something like that.

I'm leaning more and more towards this CNA or keyboardist theory, and that the unappellated eohippus was fired simply because she's a mean bitter nasty vengeful spiteful bitch who couldn't get along with anybody.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2010, 09:16:34 AM »
Nurse my ass!!!!!111111 If she is, she has to be the lowest paid "nurse" in 20 frikkin' years!

Either that, or she works about 6 hours a week.  Then again, I've heard LNA's call themselves nurses when in reality....you get the idea.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2010, 10:06:13 AM »
No biggee! I consider myself fortunate. I've never been out of work for any length of time and have supported my family without a problem. One takes what one is dealt in life. I don't know any other way to do it. Besides, it got me into Bail Bond enforcement! Now that is a fun job! I only do it part time now, but for a while I had a blast! Problem was full time takes me away from "Toots" for too long a time.

Thanx for your thoughts.

Well, skins island seems like a target rich environment for someone in your line of work!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2010, 10:08:33 AM »
Aha.

But in her comments at campfires on Skins's island, Ms. Ed is always very careful to gently hint that she's an RN, without actually saying "RN."

Sort of like the way the Bostonian Drunkard wrote his autobiography for wikipedia, subtley suggesting he has a law degree, but not outright lying about it; a case of just wanting the reader to think he is.

Maybe she went to some community college at night, studying to become a CNA, and worked her way through as a keyboardist somewhere.

Again, an RN is a pretty expensive commodity for a hospital or clinic; they aren't just thrown away like CNAs and keyboardists.  They have to do something pretty serious to lose their job.

Ms. Ed doesn't appear to be into illicit drugs, so unlike the defrocked warped primitive, it's unlikely Ms. Ed broke into any narcotics cabinet.  If Ms. Ed is in fact an RN, it had to be for some really serious professional misconduct.

Maybe Ms. Ed smothered to death a couple of infants in the nursery, seeing as how she hates infants so much.  Or something like that.

I'm leaning more and more towards this CNA or keyboardist theory, and that the unappellated eohippus was fired simply because she's a mean bitter nasty vengeful spiteful bitch who couldn't get along with anybody.

Okay, I'm confused, did she work for a hospital or an insurance company?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2010, 10:15:02 AM »
$24,000 is about $12 an hour if you worked 40-hour weeks with no overtime.

I think she's full of it.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2010, 10:16:41 AM »
$24,000 is about $12 an hour if you worked 40-hour weeks with no overtime.

I think she's full of it.

On several levels.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline kenth

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2010, 10:19:36 AM »
Aha.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Certified_Nurse_Assistant_%28CNA%29/Hourly_Rate

Looks like 9-15 bucks, which is about average from what I've seen advertised for CNAs around here in southern Oklahoma. That would come out to about 24k a year, approximately.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Registered_Nurse_%28RN%29/Hourly_Rate

RNs make easily twice what CNAs do, as they should. My grandmother was an RN, and she had a considerable jump in pay when she attained that designation.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2010, 10:24:25 AM »
Okay, I'm confused, did she work for a hospital or an insurance company?

Cindie

Vanguard Health Systems operates hospitals & clinics.  Through a little google-fu, it appears the only locations in Texas are in San Antonio.  Again, I always thought she was up in Tyler or Longview or somewhere in that area.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2010, 10:52:16 AM »
Well, skins island seems like a target rich environment for someone in your line of work!

Cindie

Nope! The Boss doesn't think they're dependable enough to show up for their court dates. It can get pretty expensive chasin' down pot heads that are out on a $500 paraphernalia charge. They never have enough money for any quantities in order to play with the Big Boys.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2010, 11:45:15 AM »

According to the BLS, in East Texas (using Tyler as the location) that's towards the high end for a CNA.

For an RN in the same area though, that's not even on the chart. Low end there is almost $36,000 up to around $70,000 for an upper end of the salary scale.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2010, 04:39:05 PM »
Vanguard Health Systems operates hospitals & clinics.  Through a little google-fu, it appears the only locations in Texas are in San Antonio.  Again, I always thought she was up in Tyler or Longview or somewhere in that area.

There's a major hospital network whose corporate headquarters are in Nashville, Tennessee, but I disremember the name of it.

HCA, perhaps?

Ms. Ed ostensibly lives somewhat north of Dallas, but she contradicts herself often, sometimes saying northern Texas, and sometimes saying eastern Texas.

The unappellated eohippus is so tangled up in her lies she can't keep things straight all the time.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »
There's a major hospital network whose corporate headquarters are in Nashville, Tennessee, but I disremember the name of it.

HCA, perhaps?

Ms. Ed ostensibly lives somewhat north of Dallas, but she contradicts herself often, sometimes saying northern Texas, and sometimes saying eastern Texas.

The unappellated eohippus is so tangled up in her lies she can't keep things straight all the time.

Typical DUmmie! When you lie perpetually, it's really hard to keep 'em all straight. That's why the best thing to do is tell the truth. You'll never screw that up!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2010, 05:10:06 PM »
HCA is here, along with lots of other insurance and hospital management companies.  I don't know what it is about Nashville, but they're all over the place.  Vangaurd has offices in Texas but their contact information says Tennessee.  That address is a few miles from here.

http://www.vanguardhealth.com/
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2010, 05:19:21 PM »
According to the BLS, in East Texas (using Tyler as the location) that's towards the high end for a CNA.

For an RN in the same area though, that's not even on the chart. Low end there is almost $36,000 up to around $70,000 for an upper end of the salary scale.

I was gonna say, my friend is an RN in Dallas and makes well above the high figure you quoted.  She can't get enough work, and now she's going back for her BSN.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2010, 05:33:24 PM »
HCA is here, along with lots of other insurance and hospital management companies.  I don't know what it is about Nashville, but they're all over the place.  Vangaurd has offices in Texas but their contact information says Tennessee.  That address is a few miles from here.

http://www.vanguardhealth.com/

Gotta be 'cause of the tax credits they can take advantage of. Either that or it could be inter-office communication between companies.

Coincidence don't happen in the business world.

ETA: ( much to the gubmint's dismay, I might add! )

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2010, 05:40:40 PM »
I was gonna say, my friend is an RN in Dallas and makes well above the high figure you quoted.  She can't get enough work, and now she's going back for her BSN.

Yeah, RNs in Dallas do a lot better. $83,000+ would be kind of nice. And that's the 90th percentile, so I wonder what the top earners make. Lot more choices and competition in Dallas/FW though. Tyler has two big hospitals (Trinity Mother Francis and ETMC) while DFW has a lot more (Baylor, Parkland, UT Southwestern, Children's, Methodist, Presbyterian, more I can't think of...)  

Medicine might be the way to go. If you don't want to be a doctor that is, with Obambi's reforms. Thinking about going from studying history to getting a surgical tech certification instead. A lot more employable there.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »
Yeah, RNs in Dallas do a lot better. $83,000+ would be kind of nice. And that's the 90th percentile, so I wonder what the top earners make. Lot more choices and competition in Dallas/FW though. Tyler has two big hospitals (Trinity Mother Francis and ETMC) while DFW has a lot more (Baylor, Parkland, UT Southwestern, Children's, Methodist, Presbyterian, more I can't think of...) 

Medicine might be the way to go. If you don't want to be a doctor that is, with Obambi's reforms. Thinking about going from studying history to getting a surgical tech certification instead. A lot more employable there.

Of course the "HorsesAss" would never think of moving or commuting in order to improve her station in life! Of course not! Libs want ya to serve it to 'em on a silver platter!