Author Topic: Haiti is suffering... let's kill 'em  (Read 2606 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Haiti is suffering... let's kill 'em
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 06:20:53 PM »
when did the US destroy Haiti?
What has ever been there to destroy?

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 07:16:04 PM »
What has ever been there to destroy?

That would be my question?

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 12:35:28 PM »
I must add this link from the DUmp about how horrible the media, hence the U.S. is treating Haiti and Haitians:  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=258x9531

and point out this by the HillBuzz foe:

TheBigotBasher      Tue Jan-26-10 12:36 AM
Response to Reply #13
14. We have had it ere even on teh shitting BBC.

A guy was carrying a hacksaw because he had food and the representation of it just made me disgusted.

People in an absolute crisis situation will do anything to survive. It is basic survival instinct.

I have never seen such a disgusting display of pure unadulterated racism ever. I have no desire to reshow the pictures carried by the Daily Mail Group. I know exactly what their agenda is.

This is a tragedy leaving people to die in the streets, of a Country that almost every other Country, including the US, raped and destroyed even before the earthquake hit it.

I am sorry, it may piss some Americans off, but this catastrophe was exasperated (sic) by the US destroying the Country for Political reasons.

Typical holier than thou Brit! Hey Limey? How do ya think South Africa ended up the way they did? Had nuthin' to do with England tryin' to take over the frikkin' world, did it? You gotta lotta room to talk about destroying nations! India, China, Indonesia........**** You!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 04:03:48 PM »
I'm going to be honest here, and maybe I'll go to Hell for saying so, but so be it. I couldn't care less about Haiti. If the Earth opened up, and left nothing but a patch of steaming ocean where that half of the island was, I would just shrug. I haven't given a cent in aid, nor will I.

Maybe I'm biased. I have had quite a bit of interaction with Haitians when I lived in Montreal (there is a reason they had that conference in Montreal, that city seems to hold a larger Haitian population than Haiti itself), and my ex was half Haitian. As a culture and a people, I was left with less than a positive impression.

I won't wish them ill, but I won't go out of my way to cry crocodile tears for them either.

There, I said it.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 02:09:03 AM »
I'm going to be honest here, and maybe I'll go to Hell for saying so, but so be it. I couldn't care less about Haiti. If the Earth opened up, and left nothing but a patch of steaming ocean where that half of the island was, I would just shrug. I haven't given a cent in aid, nor will I.

Maybe I'm biased. I have had quite a bit of interaction with Haitians when I lived in Montreal (there is a reason they had that conference in Montreal, that city seems to hold a larger Haitian population than Haiti itself), and my ex was half Haitian. As a culture and a people, I was left with less than a positive impression.

I won't wish them ill, but I won't go out of my way to cry crocodile tears for them either.

There, I said it.

Seems to me, they have brought 90% of their strife on themselves. I ain't gonna give 'em a damn dime either! How many billions of US dollars have they already pissed away?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 09:57:26 AM »

There, I said it.

It's one thing to care, and another thing to care effectively.

I think everybody here cares, but given that Haiti seems an especially cursed place--cursed by what, I have no idea--and there's nothing one can do about it, it just seems better to care about places one can do something about.

I really suggest people read a couple of in-depth books of the history of Haiti--my favorite is Elizabeth Abbott's Haiti: The Duvaliers and Their Legacy, which covers more than just the Duvalier era--so as to understand just how extraordinary, how cursed, Haiti is.  One would be hard-pressed to find a country more bloodied.
apres moi, le deluge