Author Topic: Allentown dude primitive follows squawking primitive out the door  (Read 13636 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7418215

Oh my.

The new popular word on Skins's island is "hiatus."

AllentownJake  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-07-10 07:44 PM
THE ALLENTOWN DUDE PRIMITIVE
Original message

A Hiatus from DU for a while

I'm going to be stepping away for a little while. I've made the decision to start a daily blog which will focus on highlights of the economic news, legislation in congress and my opinion of it and campaign finance issues. DU has a journal function but really doesn't have a blog function so I'll be doing this with another host.

It isn't going to be anti-administration, it will just be things going on I think people should know about both good and bad so they can be informed and learn. Since the administration is the ones running things, there will be by nature critical comments on decisions made. Preparing a daily blog entry will force me to learn as well and I hope it helps me grow as a writer and communicator.

We have come to a point where I really don't think we are listening to each other or talking on this site. I do not fault Skinner, the mods, or anyone on the DU team for this dynamic. We as an online community have created it. There has been a team mentality that has developed and I willingly accept that I have bought into this for a while and contributed to it at times.

That being said, the tone on here will not change till each person takes responsibility for what they say to each other. Snark is one thing, but I have been seeing an increase in very personal, and very hateful attacks on members the past few weeks that are not based on politics. Each side likes to play the victim but each side has their own worst offenders they do not take responsibility for.

I will say this. There are people on the side that agrees with me most of the time who I have little respect for, for the way they talk to others and attack them. There are also people on the side who disagrees with my opinion like Grantcart, who I hope doesn't take this as a call-out, that I have enormous respect for.

If your interested in following my blog, you are free to PM me.

I'm sure I'll be back, if saying the above doesn't get me a TS and I wish you all love and happiness if I don't see you over at the blog.

Oh my again.

The Allentown dude primitive takes Skins's island much much too seriously, I think.

Anyway.

The campfire's pretty big, but it's all primitives bemoaning the departure.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
Re: Allentown dude primitive follows squawking primitive out the door
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 09:58:36 PM »
Well, I'm going to have to swim on over and see if he's giving a link because I can hardly wait to see what profound analysis Allentown Jake will be providing the masses. 

:bwah:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:31:02 PM »
I hope it helps me grow as a writer and communicator.
Hogwash. A weak excuse, indeed. You don't have to leave. Even poor stupid Beth, the dumbest person on all the internets, told us she had been "validated as a thinker and a writer" by the DUmp. No, the blog has nothing to do with it. DUmmy AJ was devastated by his miserable showing in the Top DUmmy competition. After his nomination, he surely had hopes for a very high finish. A top ten or even a top five probably seemed within his grasp. But even though he obviously worked very hard on his many goofy posts, he came in far out of the money. Not even a top twenty. And then when he looked at the human flotsam who beat him out, it must have been a crushing blow. Not surprising he's joining ladybug in the losers' room.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 07:43:48 AM »
He should really heed the advice of the dearly departed (or not!) TLB:
He needs to be quiet and go get some life experience, learn some things about life.

That's not going to happen behind a keyboard...
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »
Hello fellows,

I'm sorry you won't be able to enjoy my fine post on DU anymore, however the place has devolved into a place where people aren't really talking to each other but yelling at each other.  I like debate not flame wars and football team politics.

We probably disagree on everything.  That is OK, the one thing America still has going for it, is for now we can still disagree with each other.

If you promise to play nice and be respectful.  You are free to come over to my blog and I'll even let you talk to me and argue conservative economic theory.  I have an incredibly open mind and really don't mind "talking to the enemy."  

Sorry I couldn't say hello to you folks earlier, but DU is a little bit creeped out about your obsessive following of the goings on over there.  Since I'm not planning on returning, due to the lack of discussion.  I'm free not to worry about a TS for just stopping by and saying hi to you guys.

As far as the two political parties are concerned.  They are both corrupt, and neither of us are going to get what we want.  I hope the past 8 years taught you that as the past 1 year has taught me that.  That being said, the Tea Party movement is nothing more than an arm of the GOP that will be quickly co-opted if they ever returned to power in the interest of politicians making money.  

Best Regards,

AllentownJake

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:57:00 AM by Allentownjake »
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »
do to the lack of discussion
Uh, that would be "due", DUmmy. Better get over to that blog and start growing as a writer.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 12:01:47 PM »
Uh, that would be "due", DUmmy. Better get over to that blog and start growing as a writer.

You are very correct sir, my grammar is not perfect.  Particularly when it comes to words that sound the same with different meanings.  

I like numbers and spreadsheets.  It is a thing I'm working on developing.  Last time I checked there was really only one man that has claimed perfection and had people verify he rose from the dead.

Plus internet postings tend not to get the review that other things do.  I'm working on it.

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 12:03:54 PM »
Gee if I thought it was the real AJ I'd have thought that he'd have dropped a link to his blog in his post or his profile. You know, not being afraid of the Pizza delivery man and all anymore. :whatever:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 12:05:28 PM »
Hello fellows,

I'm sorry you won't be able to enjoy my fine post on DU anymore, however the place has devolved into a place where people aren't really talking to each other but yelling at each other.  I like debate not flame wars and football team politics.

We probably disagree on everything.  That is OK, the one thing America still has going for it, is for now we can still disagree with each other.

If you promise to play nice and be respectful.  You are free to come over to my blog and I'll even let you talk to me and argue conservative economic theory.  I have an incredibly open mind and really don't mind "talking to the enemy."  

Sorry I couldn't say hello to you folks earlier, but DU is a little bit creeped out about your obsessive following of the goings on over there.  Since I'm not planning on returning, due to the lack of discussion.  I'm free not to worry about a TS for just stopping by and saying hi to you guys.

As far as the two political parties are concerned.  They are both corrupt, and neither of us are going to get what we want.  I hope the past 8 years taught you that as the past 1 year has taught me that.  That being said, the Tea Party movement is nothing more than an arm of the GOP that will be quickly co-opted if they ever returned to power in the interest of politicians making money.  

Best Regards,

AllentownJake

At least now you don't have to hide behind a fake screen name to post here like you did before Christmas.

What you and the rest of your mouth breathing Liberal brethren fail to realize about our comments about the hive of which you just left is that a) it's a terrific source of comedy and provides us with more than one laugh every single day...b) it highlights how hypocritical you and your ilk are when it comes to free speech.

Did you ever stop to think that this part of our forum would NOT exist if you and the rest of the idiots at DU weren't so terrified of hearing an opinion or a belief that ran counter to your own?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »
See, that's the problem with you leftist ****s. You want to talk to your enemy. We prefer to kill them.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 12:16:41 PM »
So ATJ...you still in the mood to kill us?  Or was that just big talk from afar at DU to try and gain street cred?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 12:19:12 PM »
The same could be said about FreeRepublic.  I think they would whack me pretty quick over there if I showed up. Not wanting to talk to people who disagree with you is a human condition.  Not a liberal one or a conservative one.

Skinner owns the message board, he determines the rules for posting.  Just like Jim owns FreeRepublic.

I have no problem with you guys lurking over there picking and choosing posts and laughing at them.  If that is a form of entertainment for you, so be it.  There are plenty of DUers that do the same thing with FreeRepublic.

I have no problem with free speech.  I think it is great.  

In the real world, I'm sure we all have a few liberal and conservative friends and a whole mess of people who don't give a shit either way.  Most of my conservative friends are good people I disagree with politically.  

For the most part, I'd like to believe, that we both want what is best for all the people in this country and for this country as a whole.  We just disagree with the way to get there.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 12:20:54 PM »
So ATJ...you still in the mood to kill us?  Or was that just big talk from afar at DU to try and gain street cred?

If someone wishes to assault someone over a political view.  I think we both agree in self defense.  Strong 2nd amendment supporter.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 12:25:05 PM »
If someone wishes to assault someone over a political view.  I think we both agree in self defense.  Strong 2nd amendment supporter.

You own a firearm?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »
See, that's the problem with you leftist ****s. You want to talk to your enemy. We prefer to kill them.

How is that working out for you?  

Who is your "enemy" that is the question you need to ask yourself and how do you define "enemy".   How do you determine the person to eliminate....Hitler had a pretty good equation, as did Stalin.  It worked for them for a time.  One ended up in a bomb rocked bunker committing suicide.  The other died because his own doctors were afraid to treat him.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 12:29:14 PM »
You own a firearm?

Have since I was 12 on my birthday and my dad gave me one.  I've also hunted.  I'm not that into it.  It is a good skill though I think people should know.  I don't like hand guns.  My grandfather always said a shotgun is the best thing for you to own for your home.  You don't miss in the dark.  He was a cop, and preferred carrying one to a revolver.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 12:30:30 PM »

Who is your "enemy" that is the question you need to ask yourself and how do you define "enemy".   How do you determine the person to eliminate....Hitler had a pretty good equation, as did Stalin.  It worked for them for a time.  One ended up in a bomb rocked bunker committing suicide.  The other died because his own doctors were afraid to treat him.

Any member of DU would be a good start.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »
The same could be said about FreeRepublic.  I think they would whack me pretty quick over there if I showed up.

As a FReeper of long standing myself...as long as you follow the rules you wouldn't get banned.

The Liberal trolls that show up over there don't understand that and ONLY show up with one purpose...to spew crap and purposely get banned as quickly as possible.

Not wanting to talk to people who disagree with you is a human condition.

Yeah it's called cowardice.  And it IS a particular trait of the left.

Otherwise if your theory was true...no one would say a word to you when you post here.

Skinner owns the message board, he determines the rules for posting.  Just like Jim owns FreeRepublic.

Only difference is that you wouldn't...as a FReeper...get banned for trying to sign up at DU.

Same can't be said in reverse.

I have no problem with you guys lurking over there picking and choosing posts and laughing at them.  If that is a form of entertainment for you, so be it.  

There are plenty of DUers that do the same thing with FreeRepublic.

Really?  That must be all the locked threads the Mods shut down over there.  The reason why you can't by name mention FR...this place or CU and they MUST be referred to as "The Site Which Can't Be Named" otherwise run the risk of a tombstone.

I have no problem with free speech.  I think it is great.

As long as it's the PC leftist version right?

Most of my conservative friends are good people I disagree with politically.

Now you're contradicting yourself Jake.  You said above that it's human nature to avoid talking with people you disagree with.

And now you claim to have conservative friends?  Which is it?

For the most part, I'd like to believe, that we both want what is best for all the people in this country and for this country as a whole.  We just disagree with the way to get there.

Yes one side believes we should become a Socialist Utopia and the other believes in the Constitution and the vision of this Country the Founding Fathers stated and has for the most part endured for over 230 years.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 12:31:34 PM »

So you were just talking out your ass on greenbriar's thread a couple weeks ago?

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 12:36:33 PM »

all and all, pretty well. Of course there are set backs, like when we elected a socialst apologising  defeatist as president. But reality seems to be setting in, even with him...although it takes 72 hours to figure out what he needs to say. Do you think it takes him that long to learn his lines, or does he just sit and wonder what he should do for three days.

Funny you mention Hitler and Stalin, since they we both our enemy- our bombs on the bunker, and our troops in the Fulda Gap...including me, stopped the second one- or at least the last of his line.

Or, are you calling me a Nazi or a Soviet Communist?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 12:44:11 PM »
Barack Obama is many things.  He really isn't a socialist.  Either is Geithner, Bernake, or any of the other people he has appointed.  You could make the fascist argument pretty well.   The mandated insurance provision is quite a remarkable provision in the legislation in testing federal powers. 

As for cowardice.  I'm talking to you right now, because unless you personally wish to harm me or my family, you really are not an enemy.

I enjoyed posting on DU.  One of the unwritten rules there is you don't stop by here and say hello.

FreeRepublic bans people as much as DU does.  Jim runs a pretty type message ship over there.  I have no problem with it.  FreeRepublic is the republican side of the internet echo chamber.

I'm sure I've said something dumb and contradicting at some point in time.  I think every human being has, and if you claim you haven't I'd like to talk to your spouse or significant other for verification.

Best piece of advice my father ever gave me, is if a person is breathing they are a hypocrite on something.  He included himself in that equation.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 12:49:15 PM »
I think what we have here is the latest incarnation of TLB/Jeanette. The amount of attention he gets here must be intoxicating. When this one disappears, stand by for a "Pam" or a "CalPig" to show up.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 12:50:14 PM »
I'm sorry you won't be able to enjoy my fine post on DU anymore

heh

I like debate not flame wars and football team politics.

debate? DU does not tolerate any dissent whatsoever, there can be no debate

Not if DUers were running the country

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 12:50:23 PM »
Didn't take long for Godwin's Law to go into effect, did it??

I find the left absolutely hypocritical. Only a few years ago, "Dissent is patriotic" was their mantra and in the present day, it's the left trying to stifle free speech.

BTW, Jake, a shotgun is OK for home defense IF the intruder is within a few yards. A handgun is good up to 75 yards (if one is proficient) and a rifle is good for 500-600 yards easily. Here in Texas, we are allowed to not only protect our home, but also our property and our neighbor's property (if asked). Why limit one's self to only one style of gun. The intention of the 2nd Amendment was for the people to have the same type of arms that any military would have as the PEOPLE ARE the "Militia".
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 12:50:53 PM »
Barack Obama is many things.  He really isn't a socialist.  Either is Geithner, Bernake, or any of the other people he has appointed.  You could make the fascist argument pretty well.   The mandated insurance provision is quite a remarkable provision in the legislation in testing federal powers. 

Yet everything they are doing is Socialist in nature and deed.  Ok if calling them Socialist makes you uncomfortable...how about Statist?

As for cowardice.  I'm talking to you right now, because unless you personally wish to harm me or my family, you really are not an enemy.

But according to you what you are doing is against human nature.  Your words.  As for harming anyone...you seem to have been the only one lately to make thise kind of threats...from the safety of your keyboard I might add.

I enjoyed posting on DU.  One of the unwritten rules there is you don't stop by here and say hello.

So much for supporting free speech huh?

FreeRepublic bans people as much as DU does.  Jim runs a pretty type message ship over there.  I have no problem with it.  FreeRepublic is the republican side of the internet echo chamber.

Riiiiight.  That's why all the cult followers of Ron Paul...the Limbaugh/Hannity/Levin bashers are allowed to stay...because they are just an echo chamber of the GOP.

:whatever:

If they were that much of an echo chamber then I'd have been banned a long time ago for more than one offense.

Best piece of advice my father ever gave me, is if a person is breathing they are a hypocrite on something.  He included himself in that equation.

I pity you if that is the BEST piece of advice you ever got from him.