Author Topic: Can you believe there is going ot be a conference in NYC on GLOBAL COOLING??!!!  (Read 25973 times)

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
No actually, it didn't send of any warnings.  If you read the first page of the study you will see why being posted in a medical journal would be relavent.  It makes a strong case about how Global Warming would be a good thing for the health of mankind.

I'm not suprised by your attack against it's veracity (and the AAPS) though, since it's a very large advocate of privatized healthcare, and has been a key player in keeping a national healthcare plan out of this country.

Some of the arguments Arthur Robinson makes in his study on climate change might be vaguely relevant to the medical community, but that doesn't mean that the JPandS review of Robinson's study constitutes a peer review. For instance, the idea that we should consider the JPandS review of Arthur Robinson's position on climate modelling to be authoritative is patently absurd.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 03:18:53 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline djones520

No actually, it didn't send of any warnings.  If you read the first page of the study you will see why being posted in a medical journal would be relavent.  It makes a strong case about how Global Warming would be a good thing for the health of mankind.

I'm not suprised by your attack against it's veracity (and the AAPS) though, since it's a very large advocate of privatized healthcare, and has been a key player in keeping a national healthcare plan out of this country.

Some of the arguments Arthur Robinson makes in his study on climate change might be vaguely relevant to the medical community, but that doesn't mean that the JPandS review of Robinson's study constitutes a peer review.

*sighs*  Did you even read this part of his response?  It was only about 90% of it.

Moreover, it is a review article - not an original research article.
Therefore - as is ordinary practice - all facts in the article are referenced to the peer reviewed research literature - in the 132 references included
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Moreover, it is a review article - not an original research article.
Therefore - as is ordinary practice - all facts in the article are referenced to the peer reviewed research literature - in the 132 references included

The OISM website refers to Arthur Robinson's study on global warming as a peer reviewed research paper, not a review article...

http://www.oism.org/pproject/

Whatever Robinson's work is, it should not be considered authoritative until it undergoes the peer review process. For all we know, Robinson misrepresented the science he reviewed in his study.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 03:39:05 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline djones520

Well, this is where we hit that wall.  I'm done trying to reason with someone who refuses to listen to reason.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Can you believe there is going ot be a conference in NYC on GLOBAL COOLING??
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2008, 05:46:55 PM »
Well, this is where we hit that wall.  I'm done trying to reason with someone who refuses to listen to reason.
Welcome to debate TNO style. :whatever:

He's going to do what he normally does and avoid any meaningful discussion in favor of splitting hairs over the difference between "article" and "paper".

It's his standard MO
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Re: Can you believe there is going ot be a conference in NYC on GLOBAL COOLING??
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2008, 06:00:55 PM »
Welcome to debate TNO style. :whatever:

He's going to do what he normally does and avoid any meaningful discussion in favor of splitting hairs over the difference between "article" and "paper".

It's his standard MO

I'm not drawing a distinction between an article and a paper. I'm simply pointing out that what the OISM is dishonestly passing off as a "peer reviewed research paper" is not a peer reviewed research paper.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2008, 07:19:25 AM »

I'm not drawing a distinction between an article and a paper. I'm simply pointing out that what the OISM is dishonestly passing off as a "peer reviewed research paper" is not a peer reviewed research paper.

You are splitting hairs to avoid trying to take about the OP.  It's your typical style of "debate".

Again...do you have ANYTHING worthwhile to add to the subject or are you going to insist on trying to take this thread down a completely different road?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2008, 09:01:45 AM »

Again...do you have ANYTHING worthwhile to add to the subject or are you going to insist on trying to take this thread down a completely different road?

Regarding the Cascade Policy Institute conference... I just think that the OISM's presence at the Cascade Policy Institute conference tells us something about the merit of the conference, and none of it is good. Then again, perhaps people are attending the conference with the hope that Geri Halliwell PhD will be there.

Have I worn out the Geri Halliwell PhD joke yet?

:-)
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Regarding the Cascade Policy Institute conference... I just think that the OISM's presence at the Cascade Policy Institute conference tells us something about the merit of the conference, and none of it is good. Then again, perhaps people are attending the conference with the hope that Geri Halliwell PhD will be there.

Have I worn out the Geri Halliwell PhD joke yet?

:-)

Translation from libspeak:

Anything that disputes AGL is wrong! al gore is teh demigod!!!!!11OneOne
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.