Author Topic: what really happened to the late red round one  (Read 15860 times)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: Poll: Memories of Scamdy
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »
Rereading all of this reminded me of the conclusions I drew back then, surrounding the scandal.

That it was less of a scandal and more the effect of several self-centered people who have hitched their train to Andy for their own selfish reasons, and when he passed, it became the most frenzied game of hot-potato ever played.

They all tried to rewrite history simultaneously, and created several conflicting bouncies, which were then sloppily bound together as Bush's/Freepers fault.

the word 'scandal' makes the appearance of at least some sort of organized process. In the case of this event, there was none -- or more correctly too many organized processes going on at once.

It was a scandal in the sense that they were taking money from people who could ill afford it. Some who were in college would send in part of their financial aid check (making us all contribute to this sham). The worst, though, was the people who were about to have their electricity turned off but felt helping someone having lifesaving surgery was more important than being able to see in the dark, have heat, or hot water to take showers. The saddest one (this one has stuck with me all this time because it's beyond cruel) is the lady who had breast cancer. She had a child and was living on disability. She sent more than she could afford because while there was no hope for her, she was beyond a cure, she wanted to give to Andy because he might be able to be helped. And they took her money. Andy and Beth. There was absolutely no shame. What kind of person does something like that?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2009, 12:21:36 PM »
More memories:

This is something that took place on another web-site, not on Skins's island.

When the Bostonian Drunkard brouhuahua broke out, the "liberalnurse" primitive was at this other web-site (which makes me think it was a web-site with which the Bostonian Drunkard was connected), defending the fund-raiser, with her usual colorful vocabulary-challenged language, as usual.

There was one guy there, a middle-aged diabetic, legless because of gangrene and thus confined to a wheelchair.  He subsisted on $520 social security disability, and had donated $200 to the "cause."

Upon hearing it was a fraud, he arose, standing up out of his wheelchair, in sheer fury and indignation that he had been lied to.

The "liberalnurse" primitive used every invective in the dictionary to curse him, this poor guy.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2009, 08:49:26 PM »
I'm going to "un-sticky" this now, to let the thread float downward.

However, the next time the primitives on Skins's island yap about how "freepers killed Andy," I guess I'll "re-sticky" it again, for additional, newer, comments.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Re: Poll: How Many Remember?
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2009, 09:49:50 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x2924776

Oh crap I remember all that shit!
The DUmmy went into cardiac arrest in his basement when he found his fingers dragging the bottom of an empty Cheeto's bag.

There are many blessings we receive in life and that was one of the best.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2009, 10:18:43 PM »
It was a scandal in the sense that they were taking money from people who could ill afford it. Some who were in college would send in part of their financial aid check (making us all contribute to this sham). The worst, though, was the people who were about to have their electricity turned off but felt helping someone having lifesaving surgery was more important than being able to see in the dark, have heat, or hot water to take showers. The saddest one (this one has stuck with me all this time because it's beyond cruel) is the lady who had breast cancer. She had a child and was living on disability. She sent more than she could afford because while there was no hope for her, she was beyond a cure, she wanted to give to Andy because he might be able to be helped. And they took her money. Andy and Beth. There was absolutely no shame. What kind of person does something like that?

Cindie

Oh, I didn't mean to imply it hadn't become a scam to benefit some at the expense of others. I'm certain there are many who lost money through sloppy management, or third parties who milked this unfortunate circumstance for their own personal gain. I just feel that scandal lends a sense of organized, thoughtful criminal activity. In this case it was a handful of opportunists doing their own thing without any regard of each others ambitions.

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2009, 11:52:01 PM »
I joined CU about the time it all came to a head....I also remember it being quite odd that Andy's obituary only appeared in a "underground" newspaper.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
blm  (1000+ posts) Sat May-02-09 10:16 AM
Response to Original message

40. That asshat isn't the REAL Frank Solich (Neb coach), right? Isn't he the one using Solich's name

who also smeared Andy as lying about his medical condition?

The REAL Frankie Solich wouldn't betray his Holy Name upbringing to lie a dying man into an early grave. Holy Namers were brought up to be generous to the needy and to extend a hand to the outcast and the ill.

That evil asshat on FR can't POSSIBLY be the REAL Frankie Solich.

Well, as the bowel movement primitive, the "blm" primitive, brought up the issue, here it is, the facts, stickied again.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 09:34:06 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline happy1ga

Well, as a newbie here, all I can say is Wow. Just wow. After reading the whole thread, it tickled at my brain, and I remembered reading bits and pieces of this story long ago, but didn't have a clue what it all meant. You guys would be surprised reading this through my filter. It is amazing in its sheer insanity, vanity and carelessness that it shows those people to be. Thanks for posting so much and letting those of us who only peripherally understand those on the island. I find the whole thing terribly sad, for many, many different reasons.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline ReaganForRushmore

Wasn't there a concern with the DUmmies also about Andy and his partner having a $600K home, yet looking for relief on Andy's medical expenses because he was "indigent"?

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Well, as the bowel movement primitive, the "blm" primitive, brought up the issue, here it is, the facts, stickied again.

Let's not forget all the threats on your life, too, frank. Including that James Dean guy (I think that's his name...he liked baseball I think and lived in So. Cal.) who never could figure out what side he was on. I guess you're still waiting for Will Pitt's trust fund lawsuit? It's probably a good thing he never went through with it given this lousy Obama economy. I bet that trust fund's dwindling rapidly.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Well, as a newbie here, all I can say is Wow. Just wow. After reading the whole thread, it tickled at my brain, and I remembered reading bits and pieces of this story long ago, but didn't have a clue what it all meant. You guys would be surprised reading this through my filter. It is amazing in its sheer insanity, vanity and carelessness that it shows those people to be. Thanks for posting so much and letting those of us who only peripherally understand those on the island. I find the whole thing terribly sad, for many, many different reasons.

But always keep this in mind, when reading of the Scamdal:

.....this is what actually happened, in real life--please notice it has no connection with what happened during the Scamdal:

(a) In October 2004, the late red round one began getting ill.

(b) In January 2005, a preliminary diagnosis of the problem was made.

(c) In late February, early March 2005, the late red round one was in a hospital in Seattle, in an attempt to see if anything, anything at all could be done.  Alas, nothing could be done.

(d) Doug's ex-wife started the "fund-raiser," for motives known only to her, in late April 2005.

(e) In mid-May 2005, to suppress criticism of the "fund-raiser," Doug's ex-wife contacted the owner of a conservative web-site and a private individual peripherally involved, frankly admitting that there was no hope for the late red round one; that he was dying.

(f) The "fund-raiser" continued.

(g) The late red round one spent most of May and part of June 2005 visiting friends in New Jersey and New York (having earlier done a stint in Ohio and Tennessee).

(h) The late red round one returned to Seattle in late June 2005, and was immediately hospitalized, dying in early July 2005.

Those are the real life facts which, as already mentioned, have no relation to the Scamdal.....

What actually happened, and the Scamdal, are two wholly different things.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Wasn't there a concern with the DUmmies also about Andy and his partner having a $600K home, yet looking for relief on Andy's medical expenses because he was "indigent"?

Yeah, some more-preceptive primitives did mention that.

That was some time after May 7, 2005, after it became obvious this was no honest fund-raiser for any honest cause.

And so it was a nice point to make, but irrelevant to what was really going on in real life.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Let's not forget all the threats on your life, too, frank. Including that James Dean guy (I think that's his name...he liked baseball I think and lived in So. Cal.) who never could figure out what side he was on. I guess you're still waiting for Will Pitt's trust fund lawsuit? It's probably a good thing he never went through with it given this lousy Obama economy. I bet that trust fund's dwindling rapidly.

I don't recall the James Dean primitive, but of course there was so much going on that lots of stuff eluded me. 

I was just the "rodeo clown," meant to distract the primitives while there were others much more intelligent, much more wise, much more thorough, working on checking things out.  And the primitives fell for it hook, line, and sinker, thinking franksolich was the brains of the outfit.

You of course remember that was when the DUmmie ALERT!s on the DUmmie FUnnies got started.  Because I tend to be a lone wolf, and not a team member, while everybody else was working in unison, franksolich was out somewhere wandering to the tune of a different drummer.  I'm sure some of those DUmmie ALERT!s caught the other members of Scamdy off guard, by surprise.

However, there were no ill feelings because of these unanticipated findings; it was always as if I was a member of a football team on a part of the field I wasn't supposed to be, or expected to be, and successfully intercepted many primitive passes or scored many touchdowns for decent and civilized people; feats that couldn't have been done if I were where I was supposed to be, doing what I was supposed to be doing.

The tip-off that something "big" was to come, was whenever on the DUmmie FUnnies, I casually commented, as if only a trivial detail, that I had to run to town to get some cigarettes.....and then during my absence, the primitives got rocked again.

The bad thing was--and it probably delayed figuring out what was going on--was that many people--the general public, members of the DUmmie FUnnies, decent and civilized people, and even primitives--assuming that I was the "brains" of the outfit, passed on information to me, some of them even via my super-secret real e-mail address or the U.S. mails.

There was so much information, mountains and mountains of information.

As a result, I got "information overload;" it was just too too much, and all I could do was sit there in paralytic inaction.

Much of this stuff was passed on to the people doing the real work in Scamdy, but not all of it.  As everyone involved was overworked, I tried to "evaluate" the information before bothering anybody else with it, but I made some wrong calls.  I was after all not an attorney or banker or financier or real-estate agent, and so had no idea what was "good" stuff and what was useless stuff.

In retrospect, I guess I should have just passed all this stuff on, all of it, every bit of it, to a former employer of the late red round one, who WAS NOT involved in Scamdy in any way whatsoever, who had NOTHING to do with Scamdy, but who has a deserved reputation for knowing things legal and banking and finance and real-estate, and is known in fact to be bright, sharp, perceptive, and principled.

I should have just passed on these mountains of information to this person, letting this person separate the wheat from the chaff, after which I would pass on the wheat to other members of Scamdy.

And thus the Scamdal would have been exposed much earlier.

But alas, I didn't do that.  One learns.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline whiffleball

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:45:28 AM by whiffleball »

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: what really happened to the late red round one
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2009, 10:29:37 AM »
[quote"I am prepared for whatever the outcome is," Stephenson says. "I want to live—I don't want to die—but if not, I've left a legacy."[/quote]

Legacy?????????? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Same as Bev Harris, huh? Hahahahahahahahaha!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Yeah, some more-preceptive primitives did mention that.

That was some time after May 7, 2005, after it became obvious this was no honest fund-raiser for any honest cause.

And so it was a nice point to make, but irrelevant to what was really going on in real life.

And then to add fuel to the fire...right in the middle of thw whole mess...Termite goes and buys a puppy with...IIRC money from donations for the surgery.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
And then to add fuel to the fire...right in the middle of thw whole mess...Termite goes and buys a puppy with...IIRC money from donations for the surgery.

You know, it was always my impression the primitive "termite" wasn't really the late red round one's "partner," but a made up primitive, or a real primitive playing the role of the late red round one's "partner," or that the primitive "termite" was in fact the late red round one's "partner," but reluctant about this whole deal.

If one reads the termite primitive's posts, one senses there's some, uh, arm-twisting going on at the keyboard.  The termite primitive didn't seem a happy camper.

What did he post?--like, maybe six times?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline whiffleball

What did he post?--like, maybe six times?

Looks like he posted 428 since 2003.  Here's from from the late red round one about Termy that shows AS to have at least one sock puppet, God_bush_n_cheney which is doubleplusungood for 'regular' Primitives, but swell for the 'celebs'.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x181550
Andy_Stephenson      Fri Aug-15-03 02:39 PM
Original message
This morning Termite said....

Edited on Fri Aug-15-03 03:01 PM by God_bush_n_cheney
I think Bush was drunk last night in his litlte talk. This...is huge! Termite as you know does not post often and does not comment on politics very much. So when he says something like that I listen. If termite is more aware of this buffoon than ever before, why can't everyone see the chimp for what he is...a drunk imposter.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Looks like he posted 428 since 2003.  Here's from from the late red round one about Termy that shows AS to have at least one sock puppet, God_bush_n_cheney which is doubleplusungood for 'regular' Primitives, but swell for the 'celebs'.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x181550
Andy_Stephenson      Fri Aug-15-03 02:39 PM
Original message
This morning Termite said....

Edited on Fri Aug-15-03 03:01 PM by God_bush_n_cheney
I think Bush was drunk last night in his litlte talk. This...is huge! Termite as you know does not post often and does not comment on politics very much. So when he says something like that I listen. If termite is more aware of this buffoon than ever before, why can't everyone see the chimp for what he is...a drunk imposter.

It was pretty much common knowledge that the God-blessing primitive was one of the late red round one's sockpuppets, and there were speculations about some other primitive screen-names.

Four hundred and twenty-eight posts for a primitive, 2003-2005, is an awful low number of posts, indicating someone less than enthusiastic about mingling with the primitives.  But of the time I speak, April 30-July 5, 2005, surely the "termite" primitive posted only six or half a dozen times; because of the then on-going Scamdal, everybody was always looking around for him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: what really happened to the late red round one
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »
And at one point Termite had an account he'd lurk with at TOS
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn