Author Topic: what really happened to the late red round one  (Read 15858 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
what really happened to the late red round one
« on: April 22, 2009, 07:25:07 PM »
Tuesday, April 28, circa 3:30 p.m. central time, is the fourth anniversary of Doug's ex-wife's really stupid gig, the "scam" that rocked the internet.

Over the years, Skins's island has suffered three major public-relations disasters; Doug's ex-wife's really stupid gig, the Bostonian Drunkard's nonIndictment of Karl Rove, and richboy playboy Pedro getting quoted on the most popular show on talk-radio.

Disasters that brought with them the laughter and scorn of tens of millions.

To be honest, I've never understood why my fellow alum Skins, who seems sensible in all things but politics, never mausoleumed Doug's ex-wife, the Bostonian Drunkard, and richboy playboy Pedro, for all the damage they did to the reputation of Skins's island.

I dunno; perhaps my fellow alum thinks that if people insist upon making idiots of themselves, there's no need to punish them, as they do a pretty good job at it themselves without the help of anybody else.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:51:59 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline djones520

Re: Poll: How Many Remember?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 07:28:34 PM »
What was this qoute of Playboy Pedro's?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 07:33:12 PM »
What was this qoute of Playboy Pedro's?

That Karl Rove and the Republicans had deliberately lost the mid-term elections of 2006, so as to make the Democrats look bad.

Rush Limbaugh quoted it, it was so silly.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 07:37:31 PM »
Huh...  Yeah, that musta been before my time as well.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 07:40:35 PM »
Huh...  Yeah, that musta been before my time as well.

It was broadcast on Rush Limbaugh's show that, for some other reason (not this one), was one of his biggest shows, bringing the ridicule of tens of millions down upon my fellow alum and his real-estate.

Nobody ever accused richboy playboy Pedro of having more than two milligrams of brain-matter inside his skull, though.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 07:58:29 PM »
Tuesday, April 28, circa 3:30 p.m. central time, is the fourth anniversary of Doug's ex-wife's really stupid gig, the "scam" that rocked the internet.

Over the years, Skins's island has suffered three major public-relations disasters; Doug's ex-wife's really stupid gig, the Bostonian Drunkard's nonIndictment of Karl Rove, and richboy playboy Pedro getting quoted on the most popular show on talk-radio.

Disasters that brought with them the laughter and scorn of tens of millions.

To be honest, I've never understood why my fellow alum Skins, who seems sensible in all things but politics, never mausoleumed Doug's ex-wife, the Bostonian Drunkard, and richboy playboy Pedro, for all the damage they did to the reputation of Skins's island.

I dunno; perhaps my fellow alum thinks that if people insist upon making idiots of themselves, there's no need to punish them, as they do a pretty good job at it themselves without the help of anybody else.

I remember telling my wife that it really looked like a scam brewing before all hell broke loose.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 08:26:26 PM »
I remember the whole thing - or at least I believe I do.. It was one of the most fascinating and disturbing DUmp moments. The other most disturbing moment belongs to the DUmmy Khephra, who was literally tombstoned in front of his computer.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 08:28:35 PM »
What was funny was Pedro crowing in a thread about how someone told 20 million Americans that he was a retard. :-)

He cared more about being noticed than he did about looking as smart as a rotted potato.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »
I remember the whole thing - or at least I believe I do.. It was one of the most fascinating and disturbing DUmp moments. The other most disturbing moment belongs to the DUmmy Khephra, who was literally tombstoned in front of his computer.
What?

I got two out of three.  Any mention of Doug's ex-wife instantly bores me to sleep.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 09:40:22 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x2924776

DU Adbot from that thread.
Grief and Memorialization
LifeGem diamonds provide comfort along with a priceless tribute.
www.LifeGem.com/
From the lifegem site:

"LifeGem®. Forever.
Like the memory of a loved one, a diamond lasts forever.

What is a LifeGem®?
The LifeGem® is a certified, high-quality diamond created from the
carbon of your loved one as a memorial to their unique life, or as a symbol of your personal and precious bond with another.

LifeGem diamonds are molecularly identical to natural diamonds found at any high-end jeweler.  To qualify as diamonds, they must have the exact same brilliance, fire, and hardness (the hardest substance known) as diamonds from the earth, and of course, they do!"

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 09:56:51 PM »

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 10:00:21 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x2924776
Oh.  I remember that, but not the kid's user name.

If I croaked in front of my computer, I'd probably be one of those "Neighbors report terrible odor, find body in apartment" stories you hear on the news.  My friends and family are used to not hearing from me.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 04:27:53 AM »
links! links!

Oh man.

The "scam" that rocked the internet involves something a little over 100 links; there was so much of this excresence that I dumped it all two computers ago.

I'm sure it could be googled, but we all know how I am with googling.

The web-site Scamdy used to be an encyclopedia on the subject, but I discarded Scamdy years ago.  Since the "scam" was all so stupid, I never bothered saving any part of it.  (Fat Che later bought the domain name, as if it was something special, which it wasn't.)

Surprisingly, on the other hand, google "24 business hours," and there you have the Bostonian Drunkard in all the splendor of Fitzmas.

In the DUmping Ground here--not this, the DUmpster, but the DUmping Ground--there's a list of links to P-J Comix's DUmmie FUnnies editions on Fitzmas, the Fitzmas threads.

I sometimes thought about providing a thread of links to P-J Comix's DUmmie Funnies editions on Doug's ex-wife's stupid gig, but man, talk about a big job.  In case anyone needs reminded, during the height of the scamdal, the DUmmie FUnnies were getting more traffic than all of Skins's island.

I had saved richboy playboy Pedro's really cretinous remarks on the computer that crashed some months ago; I had been concerned that richboy playboy Pedro would realize what an ass he had been, posting that, and would self-delete it, which apparently he never did, never realizing what an ass he is.

The Khephra-dying-at-his-post thread was really weird.  I recall that evening, hundreds were reading the DUmmie FUnnies, which was describing a rather ordinary primitive bonfire about something else when that suddenly popped on, after which discussion on the DUmmie FUnnies got w-a-y off topic.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:29:27 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 06:35:40 AM »
What?

I got two out of three.  Any mention of Doug's ex-wife instantly bores me to sleep.

Me too.  I don't recall her in a "Scam that rocked the internet," the biggest scams I remember were Andyscam, the whole "Just ten dollars away" election fooforaw (which also involved Andy, and some woman whose name eludes me now), plus of course the whole Truthout fiasco. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 07:46:12 AM »
I remember this! I still to this day think it was one of the most peculiar things that his mom decided to get on DU the day after her son died and post! Thought at the time it was some kind of weird cry for attention from Khephra!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 07:48:18 AM »
I remember this! I still to this day think it was one of the most peculiar things that his mom decided to get on DU the day after her son died and post! Thought at the time it was some kind of weird cry for attention from Khephra!

I wonder if it could have been some sort of hoax, or even a psychological study of internet based relationships.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 07:56:29 AM »
I wonder if it could have been some sort of hoax, or even a psychological study of internet based relationships.
The thing that kind of tweaked my skepticism was that she referred to herself as "Momma Khephra" :mental:

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 08:37:08 AM »
Toasted, I share your scepticism.  Try and picture it:  You suddenly and shockingly lose your son, and amid all the questions, grief, and funeral plans, your thoughts turn to that online discussion board your son likes to waste time on.  Time to figure out how to log on!   ("Momma" indeed.) 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 08:45:12 AM »
The thing that kind of tweaked my skepticism was that she referred to herself as "Momma Khephra" :mental:

My reason for disbelief, is that something very similar happened on the Chicago Cubs board several years ago.  I'm sure 5412 remembers it happening.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 08:56:33 AM »
Toasted, I share your scepticism.  Try and picture it:  You suddenly and shockingly lose your son, and amid all the questions, grief, and funeral plans, your thoughts turn to that online discussion board your son likes to waste time on.  Time to figure out how to log on!   ("Momma" indeed.) 

Yes! That and she went into great detail how she found him.....slumped over his computer? It almost sounded like she was trying to raise him to hero status ie. "He was a true blue Du'er...giving his life to the cause of bringing news stories to DU to....well...comment on? Very strange way to behave after the death of your child!

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 11:40:10 AM »
Can someone summarize the deal with Doug's ex wife and the other scandals for those of us new here? Other than the kid dying, or maybe dying, I don't have a clue. Thanks!
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 11:52:43 AM »
Can someone summarize the deal with Doug's ex wife and the other scandals for those of us new here? Other than the kid dying, or maybe dying, I don't have a clue. Thanks!
Someone can help me out here, but my understanding of the Dougs Ex wife Scandal was that she started a fund raiser for a guy named Andy Stephenson who was supposedly dieing of pancreatic cancer and needed $50,000 for the surgery at Johns Hopkins. It was found out that Andy was actually covered by Medicare and actually could have had the same surgery at any other hospital. He insisted on going to Hopkins who for some reason didn't take Medicare. He had the surgery and died soon after anyway. There  is alot more to it but that is my cursory understanding of the whole thing!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 11:55:22 AM »
I didn't realize the anniversary was coming up. I was just thinking about this a few days ago. I was cleaning some old files off my hard drive and came across pics of the rotund one at the hospital just after his day surgery. Also one of Beth during happier times when she was thin and married, before her brain got fuzzy. And one I'd completely forgotten about...goodboy playing the piano. Wonder whatever happened to him? I remember after he was such a strong supporter of the red-headed scam artist he fell on hard times himself and could hardly get any of the DUmmies to pony up. Yes, the rotund one was definitely the Pied Piper of DU.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 11:58:04 AM »
Toasted, I share your scepticism.  Try and picture it:  You suddenly and shockingly lose your son, and amid all the questions, grief, and funeral plans, your thoughts turn to that online discussion board your son likes to waste time on.  Time to figure out how to log on!   ("Momma" indeed.)

There's some strange freaks over there.  I remember when Mari666's husband died in a auto accident she was at the DUmp posting about it just a few hours later.  There's been other incidents like that, things that make you wonder if these kooks can even be described as human. So while I agree it's seems really unlikely, that it did happen wouldn't surprise me at all.

Be hard to fill you in without writing a book.  Ask frank, he could sum it up about as quick as anyone here.  TTTL, I see, gave a big overall, but it would take major time to even tell everything you'd need to know if you were trying to be brief.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.