Author Topic: Maine Primitive Acts Like Traffic Douche. Gets Kudos.  (Read 1915 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Maine Primitive Acts Like Traffic Douche. Gets Kudos.
« on: October 14, 2008, 07:59:55 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4229774

MarianJack  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-13-08 03:57 PM
Original message
I had a kinda close encounter with a McSame/Palin(comparison) supporter today. 
 Advertisements [?]We were leaving the Staples in Waterville, Maine today and were about to turn onto Main st. I am a cautious driver and I always follow the law about stopping at a red light before turning right. I do so today.

The exact second I'm stopped, the idiot behind me starts LEANING on his horn. Now if this had been a toot, I'd have waved and gone, but this was a long blaring noise for a good 10 seconds. Even then, I'm about to go, but he leans on his horn again. When I have this kind ocf a person behind me, I make it a point to NOT do what they want, so I stay.

At this point the bozo gets out of his car. If he had come towards my car, I'd have turned then, but he just yelled that if I had half a brain, I'd be a half wit. When the light turned, he zoomed past me and we saw the McSame/Palin(comparison) sticker on his car.

My wife said that the guy was probably pissed at our bumper stickers, one is an Obama sticker, the other says "When bush took office gas was $1.46". The guy went screeching down the road in congested (for Maine) traffic.

I was successful in accomplishing what my father always advised. That is, if you're in conflict with an idiot, always make sure that HE is the one who gets all pissed off.

PEACE!

tblue  (1000+ posts)       Mon Oct-13-08 04:01 PM
Response to Original message
1. Next time, make note of his license plate.
 I would have no problem calling the police and alerting them to an out of control driver heading x direction on xx street.

I like your spunk. I would've done the same thing you did. Tee hee hee!

MarianJack  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-13-08 04:07 PM
Response to Reply #1
4. Thanks 
 I'm a New Englander now, but sometimes the Southwest Philly in me comes out.

Egnever  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-13-08 04:37 PM
Response to Reply #1
8.  dont you think cops have better things to do?
Ya Think?

randr  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-13-08 04:03 PM
2. Be careful my friend
 When idiots get mad they turn to violence.
  :whatever:

liberalmuse  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-13-08 04:05 PM
3. I'm hearing about too many incidences like this one, lately.
 Please be careful. Republicans are angrier than usual right now.

MarianJack  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-13-08 04:11 PM
Response to Reply #3
6. I Thank You, liberalmuse! 
 I am careful, but I refuse to be intimidated by a 69 IQ rethuglican.

PEACE!

yardwork  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-13-08 07:01 PM
14. Think of all the gas he wasted by peeling out like that!
 LOL! Good for you for keeping your cool. In situations like this, I have begun to think, "What would Obama do?"
  These people CANNOT be serious...

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Maine Primitive Acts Like Traffic Douche. Gets Kudos.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 08:16:18 AM »
Quote from:
MarianJack

I was successful in accomplishing what my father always advised. That is, if you're in conflict with an idiot, always make sure that HE is the one who gets all pissed off.

Your Dad was a failure if you are the product of his teaching.  IF this happened at all, I'm sure it didn't happen the way you described.  And the person who was blowing his horn at you has long forgotten the event and is on to other more important things.  You, on the other hand, are still so bothered about it you felt compelled to come to the DUmp and write about it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:20:08 AM »
These people CANNOT be serious...

But sadly they are.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline terry

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:30:57 AM »
When I was much, much younger I used to get annoyed with impatient drivers behind me.   People who lean on the horn, when they think you should move more quickly.  I would think 'fine, you think I'm slow now, wait until you see how slow I can be'.

Then I had an experience that made me look at it in a different light.   My mom was in the hospital, I was about an hour or so from home.   We got news that she was to be taken in for life saving but also life threatening surgery, as soon as they could get her in.   Now when I see a very impatient driver, I remember how I felt that day trying to get to the hospital to see my mom and I just get out of their way.

I know that many of them are just being impatient for stupid reasons, but I don't want to be the spiteful asshole purposely delaying someone, who may have a very good reason for being anxious to get where they're going.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 08:41:41 AM »
You obviously haven't driven in Mass, terry.  The state sport is not the Red Sox or the Patriots, it's trying to see if you can get close enough to the bumper of the guy in front of you so that you cannot fit a piece of paper in between the bumpers while doing 80 mph.

I'd love to see these assclowns last more than about 10 seconds in LA traffic.  Whoopsie!  ANOTHER rear ender!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 08:44:09 AM »
yardwork  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-13-08 07:01 PM
14. Think of all the gas he wasted by peeling out like that!
 LOL! Good for you for keeping your cool. In situations like this, I have begun to think, "What would Obama do?"
:rotf: That's gotta be a mole! :lmao:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 09:28:14 AM »
You obviously haven't driven in Mass, terry.  The state sport is not the Red Sox or the Patriots, it's trying to see if you can get close enough to the bumper of the guy in front of you so that you cannot fit a piece of paper in between the bumpers while doing 80 mph.

I'd love to see these assclowns last more than about 10 seconds in LA traffic.  Whoopsie!  ANOTHER rear ender!

D.C. traffic is nuts too.  I'd rather drive in rush hour in Seoul again.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 09:31:19 AM »

I'll take a jeepney in the Phillipines to the Barrio.  You may live, you may not, but at least you knew beer was at the end of the ride.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »
McCain sticker? In Maine? Bouncy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 10:02:09 AM »

There are a couple, but they're usually attached to cars with Veteran plates.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 10:11:05 AM »

Obviously a BushcoTM employee at the Kennebunkport estate.

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 10:41:56 AM »
MarianJack  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-13-08 03:57 PM
Original message
I had a kinda close encounter with a McSame/Palin(comparison) supporter today.
 Advertisements [?]We were leaving the Staples in Waterville, Maine today and were about to turn onto Main st. I am a cautious driver and I always follow the law about stopping at a red light before turning right. I do so today.

I had just come from my dealers hose and was high as a kite. I was going to get some cheetos and cigarettes at the store on Main street. I got lost in a day dream of the Obama winning the election and forgot that you could turn right on red light. Hey who hasn't after a good doobie?

The exact second I'm stopped, the idiot behind me starts LEANING on his horn. Now if this had been a toot, I'd have waved and gone, but this was a long blaring noise for a good 10 seconds. Even then, I'm about to go, but he leans on his horn again. When I have this kind ocf a person behind me, I make it a point to NOT do what they want, so I stay.

I still don't know what is gong on and now I hear a horn that I can't figure out where it is coming from. 

At this point the bozo gets out of his car. If he had come towards my car, I'd have turned then, but he just yelled that if I had half a brain, I'd be a half wit. When the light turned, he zoomed past me and we saw the McSame/Palin(comparison) sticker on his car.

I still don't know what is going on and now the guy behind me is throwing his arms up in exasperation. Finally I get a glimmer of a clue as I notice the light has turned green and begin to make my turn. I'm going so slow that the guy behind me has to floor it to get through on the yellow.

My wife said that the guy was probably pissed at our bumper stickers, one is an Obama sticker, the other says "When bush took office gas was $1.46". The guy went screeching down the road in congested (for Maine) traffic.

My wife looked through the red slits that were her eyes and remembered she had left her purse at my dealer's house and blamed Bush for it.

We laughed and laughed until tears came out our eyes.  I suddenly remembered that my father always called me an idiot when  was high.  It would get me really pissed off.

PEACE![/quote]
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 10:59:18 AM »
Its like some bizarre unending circle jerk when they get started on these bouncies. Even DUmmies cant be so stupid as to swallow all this....wait, what am I saying.  :thatsright:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »

Where the right of way is determined by the size of your vehicle....

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 12:41:05 PM »
What's with the epidemic of bouncies in Maine lately?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 12:45:59 PM »
It was Maines turn! :whatever: :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 03:22:21 PM »
Where the right of way is determined by the size of your vehicle....

Unless you're me and I try to insist to a Bus that my little Musso 4x4 is NOT going to move over for him  :-)

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 11:36:51 PM »

Doesnt the aurora borealis spin backwards that close to the pole? I thinks thats whats bringing all the moonbats from their basements.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell