Author Topic: So I talked to my Fox-watching, Trump-loving sister yesterday.  (Read 1917 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member Bluepinky (696 posts)

So I talked to my Fox-watching, Trump-loving sister yesterday.

We try not to talk about politics, because we end up fighting. But yesterday I said something that triggered a “discussion”.

She asked me if I’m part of the “Me Too” movement; I didn’t know why she asked that. She said the “Me Too” movement is anti-male, with the goal of bashing and hating men and boys. She has a teenage son and doesn’t want anything to do with a liberal movement whose goal is to hurt and hate males. I explained that “Me Too” is about fighting against sexual harassment, not hating men and boys.

This is how Fox News and right wing talk radio distorts things. They have turned the “Me Too” issue into a male bashing movement. It breaks my heart that my sister has been brainwashed into believing the crap she hears on Fox.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210566506

Sure you did... :whatever:

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
Re: So I talked to my Fox-watching, Trump-loving sister yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 08:10:16 AM »
Or, maybe it's just your crazy sister?

For example - you, Bluepinky, have been brainwashed to believe that all Fox News viewers are nothing but a bunch of mindless idiots, which just isn't true.

I'd offer "hammer, meet head", but it looks like you've missed and hit your pinky  :rimshot:
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »
 :rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:44:52 AM »
They have turned the “Me Too” issue into a male bashing movement.

Of COURSE it is a male-bashing movement!  To say otherwise is like saying blm is a black social club and not the "kill whitey and cops" movement we all know it is.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 11:43:08 AM »
She asked me if I’m part of the “Me Too” movement;

I told her that I was to fat and ugly with a mean liberal disposition and no men would sexually harass me even on a bet. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 07:27:44 PM »
Star Member Bluepinky (696 posts)

So I talked to my Fox-watching, Trump-loving sister yesterday.

We try not to talk about politics, because we end up fighting. But yesterday I said something that triggered a “discussion”.

She asked me if I’m part of the “Me Too” movement; I didn’t know why she asked that. She said the “Me Too” movement is anti-male, with the goal of bashing and hating men and boys. She has a teenage son and doesn’t want anything to do with a liberal movement whose goal is to hurt and hate males. I explained that “Me Too” is about fighting against sexual harassment, not hating men and boys.

This is how Fox News and right wing talk radio distorts things. They have turned the “Me Too” issue into a male bashing movement. It breaks my heart that my sister has been brainwashed into believing the crap she hears on Fox.

Congratulations!!! You began your little made up fairy tale with "so" which is very good, but since you didn't add any cheering, conversions or cops jumping out of bushes, you've shown yourself to be a Bouncy novice. Don't let any negativity that you receive get you down. If you work at it and keep fabricating these stories, you can possibly climb into legendary fabrication status. Remember, all DUmmies are fabricators but very few reach true legendary status.

Oops. I just noticed that I used the word "work" in the above. I know how you DUmmies fear work almost as much as you fear franksolich, but please be at ease as I am not using the word in the "physical labor" sense.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 04:48:18 AM »
Congratulations!!! You began your little made up fairy tale with "so" which is very good, but since you didn't add any cheering, conversions or cops jumping out of bushes, you've shown yourself to be a Bouncy novice. Don't let any negativity that you receive get you down. If you work at it and keep fabricating these stories, you can possibly climb into legendary fabrication status. Remember, all DUmmies are fabricators but very few reach true legendary status.

Oops. I just noticed that I used the word "work" in the above. I know how you DUmmies fear work almost as much as you fear franksolich, but please be at ease as I am not using the word in the "physical labor" sense.

Damn, flippy, you just used 2 words guaranteed to scare the cheese out of any liberal:. "work" AND "physical", used in ANY sense, since DUmmies have NO sense...

GOOD JOB!!!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.