Author Topic: More whining with some mole mixed in  (Read 1934 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
More whining with some mole mixed in
« on: January 18, 2017, 05:02:44 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028490786

Wed Jan 18, 2017, 03:20 PM
Star Member cilla4progress (6,166 posts)

Is everybody here in as shitty a mood this week
as I am?
I'm pissed and I'm in mourning.
Good thing my husband is gone this week and I can hunker at home till I readjust my attitude.

Response to cilla4progress (Original post)
Wed Jan 18, 2017, 03:24 PM
Star Member progressoid (39,858 posts)

5. Just this week?
I've been in a shitty mood for the last 10 weeks. I don't expect it to get better in the near future.

hehe...

Wed Jan 18, 2017, 03:39 PM
Star Member calguy (546 posts)

8. Some in here need to lighten up on the depression attacks

Look, I'm as pissed about everything as anybody else is. But my personal day to day life?? I'm sorry, but donald trump does not have the power to make my life shitty any more than Hillary would have had the power to make my life wonderful. Our day to day happiness is in our own hands and we alone have the power to make it shitty or happy. I do NOT give the trumpster the power to make my life shitty. I can do that all on my own if I so choose. I intend to go on being the happy successful person I've always strived to be. I am a little depressed this week, but not because of trump. You see, I had knee replacement surgery 12 weeks ago and have been on disability from my job and getting free checks. Next week I have to return to work and have to actually do something again for the money that appears in my account every week. Now THAT'S depressing.
AS far as trump goes, I hate him as much as anyone could, but I refuse to let him make my life shitty.

I got your number

and then...  derp

Response to calguy (Reply #8)
Wed Jan 18, 2017, 03:44 PM
Star Member cilla4progress (6,166 posts)

9. Well good for you (that you're not depressed daily by the thought of the incoming trump admin)
and sorry that you have to go back to working for your paychecks. Truly.
I have been managing to stay pretty balanced since 11/8, with highs and lows. It is important to keep some perspective personal / political-public life.
This week, as I say, has been terrifically sad and depressing anticipating the hurt that is going to be brought down on people and the planet by trump ascending to the position of leader of the free world.
That's all...

geez

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: More whining with some mole mixed in
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 05:12:08 PM »
Quote from:
cilla4progress

Good thing my husband is gone this week

Can you blame him? I mean, look at you.----->:rant: :argh: :mental: :loser: :badmood: :overreaction:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 05:13:19 PM »
Hamburger heads.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 06:22:54 PM »
Everyone here knows I eschew emojis.  In fact I despise them.

BUT if there was a good schadenboner one I might use it for threads like this.

So far the suicide count is disappointing but we have hopes for Friday and Saturday.  Saturday shows great promise since they can drink themselves into a major depression all Friday night!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 07:47:25 PM »
Response to cilla4progress (Original post)Wed Jan 18, 2017, 07:23 PM
Glamrock (1,270 posts)
81. Not really....

I've found a silver lining. I'm going to be the most smug m**********r you've ever met when shit starts hitting the fan. My fellow Americans are going to hear exactly how ****ing stupid they are over the next four years.

I travel a lot. Always end up in conversations with white conservative males at hotels all over the country. I can't wait for these ****ers to start complaining to me about "the GOP gutted Medicare! " Well, yeah dumbass! They've been broadcasting that intention for at least 5 years. YOU couldn't be bothered to be an informed citizen, serves you right! Or, "The GOP took away my sisters healthcare and she's diabetic. Now she can't get insurance." Well actually, YOU took away your sisters healthcare. They told you they we're going to do it and you voted for them anyway. That's on you, dumbass. How ****ing stupid do you have to be? "****ing economy is in the toilet." Well, that's what you wanted. You voted for it. Shit, every Nobel prize winning economist in the world told you this would happen. Dumbass. Etc., etc., etc.

I will be the most smug, unbearable bastard to every conservative who dares complain in my direction. And it'll happen a lot. I'm also a white male. Birds of a feather and all that. It's gonna be some good times.

The Glam Rock primitive talks real tough but is probably crying just like the rest of the primitives.

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 08:52:17 PM »
Wed Jan 18, 2017, 03:24 PM
Star Member progressoid (39,858 posts)

5. Just this week?
I've been in a shitty mood for the last 10 weeks. I don't expect it to get better in the near future.

If shitty mood = huge self aware schadenboner, I agree....except I expect it to get way better. Before daylight savings happens my schadenboner is going to be throwing shade on most of the USA.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 09:51:55 PM »
I think that the only reasonable relief for my schadenboner is gonna be the purchase of several boxes of fine non-Cuban handrolled cigars and a case of single barrel bourbon and perhaps a few more wanted but not needed, firearms. But I'm beginning to come to the realization that this here schadenboner is here to stay no matter what I do.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 10:15:04 PM »
Everyone here knows I eschew emojis.  In fact I despise them.

BUT if there was a good schadenboner one I might use it for threads like this.

So far the suicide count is disappointing but we have hopes for Friday and Saturday.  Saturday shows great promise since they can drink themselves into a major depression all Friday night!

You might just be right, the suicidal lemmings might be starting to head for the cliffs.
Exhibit #1 - The loon who torched himself in front of Trump International last night.
I'm just hoping the rest of the loons see how  this is the perfect way to "Speak Truth to Power"
C'mon, DUmmies! You KNOW you want to!!! :fuelfire: :fuelfire: :fuelfire:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 10:32:38 PM »
You might just be right, the suicidal lemmings might be starting to head for the cliffs.
Exhibit #1 - The loon who torched himself in front of Trump International last night.
I'm just hoping the rest of the loons see how  this is the perfect way to "Speak Truth to Power"
C'mon, DUmmies! You KNOW you want to!!! :fuelfire: :fuelfire: :fuelfire:

Is the asphalt gonna be alright?

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 10:47:35 PM »
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 01:20:34 AM »
Response to cilla4progress (Original post)Wed Jan 18, 2017, 07:23 PM
Glamrock (1,270 posts)
81. Not really....

[....]

I travel a lot. Always end up in conversations with white conservative males at hotels all over the country.
By "travel a lot" he apparently means "ride the bus/subway for sixteen hours straight sucking on a bottle of Woolite," and by "hotel" he apparently means "refrigerator box under the freeway overpass."

Because that's what I do on business trips: sit in hotel lobbies and strike up conversations about Medicare with moonbats.  :whatever:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 07:34:19 AM »
By "travel a lot" he apparently means "ride the bus/subway for sixteen hours straight sucking on a bottle of Woolite," and by "hotel" he apparently means "refrigerator box under the freeway overpass."

Because that's what I do on business trips: sit in hotel lobbies and strike up conversations about Medicare with moonbats.  :whatever:

I don't travel for business very often - and not at all since 2000 or 2001. There are all sorts of people in this world, but I cannot imagine that many business travelers care to discuss politics with total strangers. And while on vay-cay? Much less so. :bouncy: I will say, though, that while Mrs. SVPete and I were in England for a few days last spring that a couple of English people (cab drivers, I think) asked us about Donald Trump and we asked a little about the impending Brexit vote. :bouncy: Unlike DU's DFW, we aren't super well of, and that was a once in a decade trip for us.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 08:13:20 AM »
I don't travel for business very often - and not at all since 2000 or 2001. There are all sorts of people in this world, but I cannot imagine that many business travelers care to discuss politics with total strangers. And while on vay-cay? Much less so. :bouncy: I will say, though, that while Mrs. SVPete and I were in England for a few days last spring that a couple of English people (cab drivers, I think) asked us about Donald Trump and we asked a little about the impending Brexit vote. :bouncy: Unlike DU's DFW, we aren't super well of, and that was a once in a decade trip for us.

That's pretty accurate.
I can't tell you how many trips I had to go on for work, and I saved the hundreds of boarding passes just for the fun of it.
People are squelched, especially in airports and hotels. 95% of them are focused on a singular thing: trying to get where they need to be without getting lost or being late.
Even on the plane, packed in coach, I was never confronted with a political discussion. I could never sleep on the plane because I snore so damned loud... which left me open to those sitting around me. I'd say a good 3/4 of my seat partners wanted to yack... but it was always where you from, what do you do for a living type stuff. People simply don't engage in controversial debate with people they don't know... not unless they can do it online.

I don't know about you guys, but a lot of times I forget that almost all people are cordial in public. They don't want conflict and tend to be polite and courteous. This of course excludes being online or driving or similar places where they feel they are detached and won't have to suffer the consequences of rudeness or anti-social behavior.
For me, this is caused by my sitting at my desk for WAY too many hours a day, filling time between phone calls reading the DUmp and other similar stuff. I tend to forget that most people would never do this in public, and leftys will never do it without a backing mob.

I'd bet a paycheck that in the event I was unfortunate enough to come face to face with any of these DUmp-monkeys and we both knew exactly who the other was, the conversation would be mostly cordial and kept as short as possible.
We all live by the same rules, and all but maybe a couple of them over there would avoid conflict just as I would, not matter what level of posturing you see from them online. Those idgits are simply living out their twisted fantasies in mob fashion, nothing more.

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 08:41:30 AM »
focused on a singular thing: trying to get where they need to be without getting lost or being late.
  This is true.  I do not miss business travel at all. 

Fun thread.  King Charlemagne's a real asshole on it.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 08:47:57 AM »
That's pretty accurate.
I can't tell you how many trips I had to go on for work, and I saved the hundreds of boarding passes just for the fun of it.
People are squelched, especially in airports and hotels. 95% of them are focused on a singular thing: trying to get where they need to be without getting lost or being late.
Even on the plane, packed in coach, I was never confronted with a political discussion. I could never sleep on the plane because I snore so damned loud... which left me open to those sitting around me. I'd say a good 3/4 of my seat partners wanted to yack... but it was always where you from, what do you do for a living type stuff. People simply don't engage in controversial debate with people they don't know... not unless they can do it online.

I don't know about you guys, but a lot of times I forget that almost all people are cordial in public. They don't want conflict and tend to be polite and courteous. This of course excludes being online or driving or similar places where they feel they are detached and won't have to suffer the consequences of rudeness or anti-social behavior.
For me, this is caused by my sitting at my desk for WAY too many hours a day, filling time between phone calls reading the DUmp and other similar stuff. I tend to forget that most people would never do this in public, and leftys will never do it without a backing mob.

I'd bet a paycheck that in the event I was unfortunate enough to come face to face with any of these DUmp-monkeys and we both knew exactly who the other was, the conversation would be mostly cordial and kept as short as possible.
We all live by the same rules, and all but maybe a couple of them over there would avoid conflict just as I would, not matter what level of posturing you see from them online. Those idgits are simply living out their twisted fantasies in mob fashion, nothing more.

"Don't discuss religion or politics," isn't a hard-and-fast rule in American society, but it's still followed by most people. More DU-folk would have intact extended family relationships if the DU-folk could bring themselves to follow that dictum.

Also, talk among strangers traveling together isn't going to go much deeper than, "Hi, I'm ______," "Where are you going," and "What is taking you there?" Now,l if the other person is a political activist or a pastor going to a religious event, then politics or religion would come up quite naturally. But those would also be somewhere between uncommon and rare.

I realize that the DU-member could be the one to drag politics into what should be casual conversations, but I think most people would quickly walk away or shut down the topic by playing "dead wall".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 09:25:59 AM »
Atman (29,928 posts)      Wed Jan 18, 2017, 03:56 PM

19. I expect to be in a shitty mood for quite some time.

Maybe at least four years. 

Suffer, Atman.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
And here we got she with the face like Hindenberg's:

Warpy (91,034 posts)    Wed Jan 18, 2017, 05:36 PM

53. That's how I survived when Nixon got in

I couldn't believe smug white suburbanites hated the rest of us so much that they voted for a corrupt man with such deep personality flaws.

His hate lives on in the War on Drugs, still doing damage to people 40 years later and pretty much costing us the entire Fourth Amendment in the process.

The feeling with Trump is exactly the same, with the same dumb, hateful people supporting him.

We did survive Nixon, although we've been prevented from ending his War on the American People, I mean drugs.

I shudder to think what this new man-baby is going to hit us with. I just hope there is enough will to overturn his evil.

Shudder on, old bitch.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 10:38:10 AM »
(Nixon's) hate lives on in the War on Drugs ...

Ummmmm, no. Laws making various "drugs" illegal predate even Nixon's time as a member of the House of Representatives.

In my personal experience, I remember receiving anti-drug (marijuana and heroin, specifically) literature at PS in the 1965-1966 school year. Nixon did not become President till 1969. And AFAIK, Nixon was not holding ANY public office between January, 1961 and January, 1969.

But Warpy is a DU-member, so bogey-man invocations trump facts.

Offline jukin

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 11:22:19 AM »
Leftists keep throwing the "hate" accusation at us civilized and decent people but it keeps describing their actions, speech, and beliefs.

Pretty sure this a "To a hammer the whole world is a nail."
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 12:33:59 PM »
Leftists keep throwing the "hate" accusation at us civilized and decent people but it keeps describing their actions, speech, and beliefs.

Pretty sure this a "To a hammer the whole world is a nail."

And this is how you got Trump!  (Example #2,337,438)

Nothing enrages me more than being called a 'racist' or a 'hater' by these vermin, who by their OWN ACTIONS reveal themselves to be precisely what they accuse US of being! :bird:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980