Author Topic: primitives acknowledge they're w-a-a-a-a-y out of the mainstream  (Read 16750 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Re: primitives acknowledge they're w-a-a-a-a-y out of the mainstream
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2008, 08:30:52 PM »
BTW, I have two friends who live right around the corner. They're both gay partners. They've been together 20 years. Guess what, neither has AIDS or HIV (Yes, there is a difference).

But they run the risk.

Not because they're gay. Besides, they've been monogamous for over 20 years. So, unless one ventures off, no, they don't run the risk.

Unless there is some new research, MUI the act of anal sex creates the possibility of AIDS.  That is why it is so prevalent in the gay community.

The problem within the gay community is the lack of monogamous relationships.  A monogamous gay couple isn't at risk for HIV/AIDS any more than a monogamous straight couple.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2008, 08:41:12 PM »
BTW, I have two friends who live right around the corner. They're both gay partners. They've been together 20 years. Guess what, neither has AIDS or HIV (Yes, there is a difference).

But they run the risk.

Not because they're gay. Besides, they've been monogamous for over 20 years. So, unless one ventures off, no, they don't run the risk.

Unless there is some new research, MUI the act of anal sex creates the possibility of AIDS.  That is why it is so prevalent in the gay community.

The problem within the gay community is the lack of monogamous relationships.  A monogamous gay couple isn't at risk for HIV/AIDS any more than a monogamous straight couple.

The problem within the gay community is the lack of the desire to participate in and maintain monogamous relationships.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2008, 08:43:38 PM »

But they run the risk.

The problem within the gay community is the lack of the desire to participate in and maintain monogamous relationships.

Not that there aren't monogamous gay couples, I know quite a few.  The problem is lack of monogamy.  There are plenty of straight couples that have the same problems.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2008, 08:43:55 PM »
I remember a long time ago on TOS that one of the posters (with a medical background - dang, I can't remember his name!) said that the tissue in the uh...anus....has something to do with the transmission of HIV. I'll have to see if I can find anything online. Basically the explanation was that because of the tissue structure and the way it allows viruses to enter into the body, that it was riskier.

(Oh my. I googled it. Go look for yourself.)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2008, 08:45:40 PM »
I remember a long time ago on TOS that one of the posters (with a medical background - dang, I can't remember his name!) said that the tissue in the uh...anus....has something to do with the transmission of HIV. I'll have to see if I can find anything online. Basically the explanation was that because of the tissue structure and the way it allows viruses to enter into the body, that it was riskier.

It's the same for straight couples that aren't monogamous and participate in anal sex.  *shrug*
Stink Eye

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2008, 08:46:52 PM »

It's the same for straight couples that aren't monogamous and participate in anal sex.  *shrug*

Yes. But since that's the main way gay men do it....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2008, 08:49:34 PM »

Hence, the higher rate of gay men with HIV/AIDS.  But it's still b/c of the lack of monogamous relationships that's the main cause (at least in my eyes) and the "lifestyle" of free sex within their community. 
Stink Eye

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2008, 08:50:01 PM »
36 out of 40!! 

I noticed this question:

As a society, we should spend more money trying to find a cure for AIDS than for cancer and heart disease because AIDS threatens younger people.

WTF?  AIDS doesn't threaten younger people -- it threatens immoral people.

Excuse me if I role my eyes at that one.

:whatever:

What role do you see for them?

Having sex with multiple partners outside of wedlock is in no way the acts of an immoral person.  Unprotected sex, yeah your stupid, but not immoral.
Sorry, having sex with multiple partners is by definition an immoral act.  It doesn't matter that a lot of us even here are quite guilty of that immorality, it is what it is.  Sex with multiple partners leads to a host of problems.  

It is also the sin of adultery.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2008, 08:51:46 PM »

Um, no. Penis + Anus does not = AIDS. Penis + Anus + HIV can sometimes = AIDS, and almost always = HIV.

I don't know what kind of faulty, bullshit science you're using, but it's laughable, to say the least.

Gay doesn't cause it. Lifestyle causes it.

I think you are wrong on this.  Your assertion doesn't carry any more weight than my recollection.

We need some facts.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2008, 08:52:40 PM »

Almost, but not quite.  Heterosexual people tend to be unfaithful with other heterosexual people (by definition). who have only been with heterosexual people and so on and so forth.  It would take a homosexual in there somewhere in order for the disease to be spread, and if someone in the chain has been infected by a homo while not having hetro sex, then it's still being spread by homos.  See?

Heterosexuals are at ZERO risk by definition (we aren't talking needle sharing here).  It is just a fact of life.  AIDS in the western world is a homosexual plague.  

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »

Probably Bob. ...and that may be true. However, it will never happen when HIV is absent. 'Tis my point.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2008, 09:01:43 PM »
I think you are wrong on this.  Your assertion doesn't carry any more weight than my recollection.

We need some facts.

Maybe you can find some anti-homo site to back up your claims, but AIDS or HIV isn't created BY having anal sex.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »

Probably Bob. ...and that may be true. However, it will never happen when HIV is absent. 'Tis my point.

HIV can remain undetected for many, many years. Unless your buddies were monogamous from birth they run the risk.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2008, 09:04:39 PM »

Hence, the higher rate of gay men with HIV/AIDS.  But it's still b/c of the lack of monogamous relationships that's the main cause (at least in my eyes) and the "lifestyle" of free sex within their community. 
You will not change that within the male homosexual community.  Men are basically programmed to seek out multiple partners.  Philosophy and morality (and for straight men a general lack of women willing to engage in promiscuous sex) may override that basic programming, but it remains there just the same. In the gay community men are basically surrounded by potential partners (for the most part) seeking promiscuous sex.  Add to that the self-hatred and destruction I have witnessed in that community and you have a problem.

By the way, I believe that gays created AIDS.  Not intentionally, they just created the conditions for the virus to mutate into HIV/GRID/AIDS.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2008, 09:05:22 PM »
scored a 37

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »

HIV can remain undetected for many, many years. Unless your buddies were monogamous from birth they run the risk.

Do you have a link for that?  I've always read/heard that it can remain undetected for up to 6 months.
Stink Eye

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »

AIDS is a symptom of HIV. Not all people with HIV have AIDS. However, I agree. However, that's not the norm anymore. They can detect it now sooner. That wasn't my point. Anal sex doesn't just produce HIV.

To be honest, this whole debate sickens the hell out of me. The mere thought of this shit sends chills up my spine. ....whatever floats their boat.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2008, 09:08:10 PM »
scored a 37

:lmao:

DAYUM! I forgot what the topic was about.  :lmao:

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »

Do you have a link for that?  I've always read/heard that it can remain undetected for up to 6 months.
If you are being regularly tested the HIV antibodies, which is what they look for to determine if you have an infection of any sort, will likely be detected between 3 weeks and six months.  If you are not having regular tests, you may not be detected until you start showing signs of oppurtunistic diseases that would trigger a check for AIDS.  

Offline Chris_

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2008, 09:13:39 PM »
scored a 37

:lmao:

DAYUM! I forgot what the topic was about.  :lmao:

How many gay relationships you have had.  40 makes it 100% probability you will get AIDS.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2008, 09:14:36 PM »

If you are being regularly tested the HIV antibodies, which is what they look for to determine if you have an infection of any sort, will likely be detected between 3 weeks and six months.  If you are not having regular tests, you may not be detected until you start showing signs of oppurtunistic diseases that would trigger a check for AIDS. 

Thank you for your clarification.  I'm a proponent of when you have a yearly physical to be tested for all sexually transmitted diseases as well, regardless of if there's a new sex partner. 

Stink Eye

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2008, 09:16:40 PM »
How many gay relationships you have had.  40 makes it 100% probability you will get AIDS.

None. Are you speaking from experience or something? Why would you ask some stupid shit like that of me? I'm married, second time, to ANOTHER woman. You calling me gay, ****er?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2008, 09:18:21 PM »
By the way, I believe that gays created AIDS.  Not intentionally, they just created the conditions for the virus to mutate into HIV/GRID/AIDS.

I'm thinking, from everything I've read, it was a Canadian flight attendant(Dude) who ****ed a monkey. ...or some shit like that.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2008, 10:06:19 PM »
By the way, I believe that gays created AIDS.  Not intentionally, they just created the conditions for the virus to mutate into HIV/GRID/AIDS.

I'm thinking, from everything I've read, it was a Canadian flight attendant(Dude) who ****ed a monkey. ...or some shit like that.

Leave it to those monkey-****in' Canucks. :hammer: :-)

33 btw. :usflag:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2008, 10:21:51 PM »
38 on the quiz, although some of my views that the quiz score as "liberal" are actually more "libertarian" on my part.

Oh, and "0" on the gay thing. There will be no puffmonkey action in the Tantal house.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.