Author Topic: "Cromnibus" - Govt Shuts Down on 11 Dec  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
"Cromnibus" - Govt Shuts Down on 11 Dec
« on: December 02, 2014, 03:43:48 PM »
The article's title is too long to post above, so you've got the abridged version.

Bottom line: Boehner wants to do the omnibus thing again, but fund DHS for a short period of time. He thinks Barry is going to shitcan his illegal amnesty action. Boehner once again isn't thinking -- Barry has already doubled down on his unconstitutional action.

Boehner isn't going far enough. He needs to strip DHS completely of funding -- lay them all off, without possibility of being paid later.

How many terrorists have DHS's policies caught? How many times have we taken our shoes off in the DHS screening line knowing that, hey, it's okay, because the good guys are catching the bad guys?

Meanwhile, DoD continues to march as does the freakin' Department of Labor.

OSHA? Kiss my ass....  :lmao:

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/12/02/house-gop-plan-on-fighting-amnesty-emerges-formal-resolution-challenging-obama-plus-cromnibus/
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline thundley4

Re: "Cromnibus" - Govt Shuts Down on 11 Dec
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 04:00:01 PM »
I would start by defunding the DHS, then the EPA and every other agency that Obama is using fiat rules to hurt the economy.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 05:00:43 PM »
The beancounters have a problem with the idea anyway - from the article:

the actual agency inside DHS that’s responsible for implementing amnesty will also be funded, thanks to the fee scheme described in the excerpt. The only thing that gets defunded is the rest of the Department of Homeland Security, which is politically risky — especially if, as it appears, the tactic will fail to stop the amnesty that it’s designed to target. “Republicans are depriving crucial parts of our national security of resources out of spite for me,” Obama will say.

In the end Boehner will fold, like the ***** he is. Barry will get his amnesty (and his 5 million new voters) and we get stuck with the ****ing bill.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »
Truly the omnibus bill is the way to go for FY15.

Completely defunding DHS, well don't forget about our step brother service the USCG. I have a feeling they've done some good.

Passing the omnibus bill now allows them to bring their own budget with both houses.

And yes boner is a waste of human flesh.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 08:49:58 AM »
Barry will get his amnesty (and his 5 million new voters) and we get stuck with the ****ing bill

And while the establishment makes it look like they are throwing a crumb to the base with their "stand" against amnesty...the Omnibus bill they are gonna propose will fully fund all parts of Obamacare for 2015.

But pay no attention to that...look at this shiny thing over here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 11:50:47 AM »
And while the establishment makes it look like they are throwing a crumb to the base with their "stand" against amnesty...the Omnibus bill they are gonna propose will fully fund all parts of Obamacare for 2015.

But pay no attention to that...look at this shiny thing over here.

Yes, the GOP establishment (and DEMS) tend to make it look like they are always doing something, when in essence they are accomplishing nothing; meanwhile, allowing Obama to continue with his destruction of this country. According to the article "defunding" isn't going to work anyways ...

"A complicating factor, however, is that the primary agency responsible for carrying out the president’s executive action is United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, which is financed entirely through fees collected from immigration applications and therefore cannot be defunded in the appropriations process."

I believe due to the RINO's in Congress and Obama's veto power, we only truly have a couple of choices left; impeachment and secession.  Yes, these are drastic, last resort solutions, but I don't see that the RINO's, Democrats or Obama are going to do anything to reverse Obama's EO on amnesty.
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 01:42:06 PM »
Yes, the GOP establishment (and DEMS) tend to make it look like they are always doing something, when in essence they are accomplishing nothing; meanwhile, allowing Obama to continue with his destruction of this country. According to the article "defunding" isn't going to work anyways ...

"A complicating factor, however, is that the primary agency responsible for carrying out the president’s executive action is United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, which is financed entirely through fees collected from immigration applications and therefore cannot be defunded in the appropriations process."

I believe due to the RINO's in Congress and Obama's veto power, we only truly have a couple of choices left; impeachment and secession.  Yes, these are drastic, last resort solutions, but I don't see that the RINO's, Democrats or Obama are going to do anything to reverse Obama's EO on amnesty.

Not so, says this analysis. Congress can, and does, have the power of the purse -- and that includes agencies that are supported through fees.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/225453-analysis-congress-can-defund-order

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 02:38:42 PM »
Not so, says this analysis. Congress can, and does, have the power of the purse -- and that includes agencies that are supported through fees.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/225453-analysis-congress-can-defund-order

I'm sensing we've got a one trick pony in our midst. No matter what the issue...the n00bs answer will be "secession".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 02:41:55 PM »
I'm sensing we've got a one trick pony in our midst. No matter what the issue...the n00bs answer will be "secession".

Dunno. I'm content to play it out.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 02:50:38 PM »
Dunno. I'm content to play it out.

Me too...pass the popcorn. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 03:07:18 PM »

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 10:36:31 PM »
Did Eupher mention OSHA ?
I had to take mandatory OSHA training at my work.
One of the lessons was about scooting on desk chairs...verboten.
No office chair races either.
Far too risky and dangerous.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »
Did Eupher mention OSHA ?
I had to take mandatory OSHA training at my work.
One of the lessons was about scooting on desk chairs...verboten.
No office chair races either.
Far too risky and dangerous.

About a month ago, we actually had an employee complain about pain she encountered when she pressed a button on a powered-walkie jack.

Tell me that employees aren't coddled these days.

OSHA came in and inspected about 6 months ago. No citations, no fines, just a couple little tidbits of stuff to take care of, which we did.

No, OSHA is one of those government agencies that's more important than the U.S. Marines.   :whatever:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 11:07:07 AM »
About a month ago, we actually had an employee complain about pain she encountered when she pressed a button on a powered-walkie jack.

Tell me that employees aren't coddled these days.

OSHA came in and inspected about 6 months ago. No citations, no fines, just a couple little tidbits of stuff to take care of, which we did.

No, OSHA is one of those government agencies that's more important than the U.S. Marines.   :whatever:

Earlier this year OSHA came through our shop and made some minor observations. However, they wanted a safety feature added to one piece of equipment that would have virtually disabled the equipment and made it useless.  We had to demonstrate why it couldn't be implemented before they relented.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 01:25:13 PM »
The bill reins in Obamacare’s risk corridors—widely known as its insurance industry bailouts—requiring them to be budget neutral. The Obama administration can still pay insurers under the plan, but only from the insurer user fees that are paid in, and not from slush funds like Obamacare’s public health and prevention fund.

The bill cuts the budgets for the Environmental Protection Agency by $60 million and the Internal Revenue Service by $345 million. It holds the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) budget flat for the fourth year in a row.
Reason
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.