Author Topic: In order to impeach and convict DT, we would need 1/3 of the Republicans  (Read 1105 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member pnwmom (93,989 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211521038

In order to impeach and convict DT, we would need 1/3 of the Republicans to vote for conviction.

Does anybody really thinking picking a fight with them now about George H.W. Bush's Presidency will help us accomplish that goal?

:lol:

Jarqui (4,695 posts)

1. Nearly all of them voted for Kavanaugh

I don't think GHW Bush matters.

We're very unlikely to get 1/3 of the Republican Senate to vote to impeach Trump.

You would need a blatant criminal case - way beyond what Nixon did and a secure Republican VP waiting to take over to get 1/3 of the Republican Senate to vote to impeach Trump.

:rotf:

Star Member pnwmom (93,989 posts)

4. I think we will have a blatant criminal case way beyond what Nixon did.

We're in Russian mobster territory.

:lmao:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: In order to impeach and convict DT, we would need 1/3 of the Republicans
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 07:57:43 PM »
Wow! Star Member pnwmom must be working through her third :stoner:-ful!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 09:23:42 PM »
Someone needs to tell the DUmmys that, just because they feel "Orange Man Bad", it's not grounds for impeachment. And throwing a temper tantrum like a spoiled 2 year old when mommy and daddy say no won't change this fact.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:22:39 AM »
Uh, HELLO  G H W Bush is dead, what does he have to do with the phony Trump crimes? :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 08:48:26 AM »
Uh, HELLO  G H W Bush is dead, what does he have to do with the phony Trump crimes? :loser:

Good question. Given the degree to which Star Member pnwmom seems to have folded, spindled. and mutilated her state of consciousness, it is unclear whether she's saying that all the recent Hate-Bush threads are irrelevant wastes of energy, or whether she's alluding to loonier than DU-usual conspiracy theories. Or whether that post popped out of her :stoner:-powered  Word Salad Spinner.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 10:11:33 AM »
Impeach or try to all you want.  Your unhinged and unbridled, deranged hatred is not a valid reason.  Come up with an actual crime
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 08:57:30 PM »
Response to davekriss (Reply #18)Fri Dec 7, 2018, 03:36 AM
Star Member pnwmom (94,021 posts)
19. A criminal pardon couldn't stop Congress from impeaching and convicting him.

And if he pardoned himself for raping a 13 year old, don't you think there would be a public backlash if the Senate failed to convict him?

I guess if you believe that Trump paid Russian hookers to pee all over a bed that Barry slept in once, then you'll believe just about anything.

Sick-in-the-head shitgibbon primitive is wishing for a nonexistent 13 year old rape victim to materialize.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden